The Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP) allows the Department of State’s Office of Children’s Issues to contact the enrolling parent(s) or legal guardians(s) to verify whether the parental consent requirement for minor passport issuance has been met when a passport application has been submitted for an enrolled child. In addition, upon a child’s enrollment in the CPIAP, we may alert the enrolling parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a pending passport application and past passport issuances for the child. Only U.S. citizens or children who qualify for U.S. citizenship under the age of 18 can be enrolled in the CPIAP.
To enroll your child in CPIAP:
1. Download and complete the CPIAP request form, DS-3077 (one per child).
2. Send proof of your identity using one of the following documents:
- Your driver's license
- Your passport, or
- Other form of photo identification with signature
3. Provide documentary evidence of your legal relationship to the child, such as:
- Child’s birth certificate,
- Current custody/guardianship/adoption court order(s) from a court of competent jurisdiction,
- Evidence of authority to act on behalf of parent or legal custodian, or
- Affidavit of Paternity
4. Send us your completed request form and supporting documents using one of the options listed below. We can process your child’s enrollment more quickly when you email or fax your documents.
- Email: PreventAbduction1@state.gov
- Fax: 202-485-6222
U.S. Department of State
Overseas Citizen Services Office of Children’s Issues
SA-17, 9th Floor
2201 C Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20522