State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to Contact:
A state clearinghouse is usually run by law enforcement. It provides help in cases of parental child abduction. For abductions from another country to the United States, they can help locate a child. For abductions from the United States to another country, they can help parents in filing missing person reports. 

Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center
ACTIC – Mail Drop 3900
Watch Center Supervisor CIRU Supervisor Interpol
State Liaison Arizona Department of Public Safety 
P.O. Box 6638
Phoenix, AZ 85005
Phone: 602-644-5868


Law Enforcement

Reason to Contact:
Contact your local police to file a missing person's report. Ask them to enter your child's name into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. 

FBI Field Office
Phoenix Division
201 East Indianola Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85012
Phone: 602-279-5511
Fax: 602-650-3204

Department of Public Safety
Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Phone: 602-223-2000

Highway Patrol
Arizona State Troopers

Department of Transportation
Phone: 602-712-7355

Port Authorities

Greater Yuma Port Authority

Nogales Port Authority

Nationwide resources:
Taking a child from the United States, or attempting to, is a federal crime. So is keeping a child outside of the United States to block parental rights. These acts are crimes under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204). The FBI has jurisdictional authority to investigate federal crimes. If you have questions or believe someone has abducted your child outside of the United States or is planning to do so, contact a FBI field office in the United States. To find the FBI field office nearest to you, use this link:


Legal Assistance

Reason to Contact:
If you are involved in an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid group may be able to help you with your legal representation. Legal aid organizations provide free legal help or help at a low cost to eligible individuals. Eligibility is mainly based on income and resource limits. There are also rules on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Arizona Judicial Branch
Main Number: 602-452-3300

Supreme Court
Clerk of the Court: 602-452-3396

Family Law

State Bar of Arizona
Phone: 602-252-4804 or 866-482-9227

Arizona Attorney General

Locator Service
Division of Child Support Enforcement
Arizona Department of Economic Security
PO Box 40458
Phoenix, AZ 85067-0458
Phone: 800-882-4151 or 602-252-4045

Compensation Program For Crime Victims
Arizona Criminal Justice Commission
1110 West Washington Street, Suite 230
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2958
Phone: 602-364-1146



Reason to Contact:
If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of possible abduction, contact the airport for help. You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed. You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you with this process. You can reach them at or by calling 888-407-4747. 


Resource for State Statutes

Reason to Contact:
The resource below may help you determine your state custody laws and if your state has laws on abduction prevention. You may also want to consult the Attorney General’s Office website of your state or contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. (Please note: the resource below may not be current and may change at any time. This resource is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Non-Profit Organization

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)
333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 125
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703-224-2150

Last Updated: April 5, 2024