State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

Alaska State Troopers
Missing Persons Clearinghouse
5700 East Tudor Road
Anchorage, AK 99507
Phone: (907) 269-5038

Phone: (800) 478-9333 (Alaska only) 



Search and Rescue

Alaska Search and Rescue Association

Missing and Exploited Children Resources

P.O. Box 233276

Achorage, Alaska 99523




Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

Contact your local police to file a missing person's report and request that your child's name be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer database. 

FBI Field Office
Achorage Field office
101 East Sixth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone: (907) 276-4441

State Patrol
Division of Alaska State Troopers

Trooper Posts Contact Information

5700 East Tudor Road

Anchorage, AK 99507

Phone: (907) 269-5511
Fax: (907) 377-2059


Department of Public Safety
Alaska Department of Public Safety
Phone: (907) 269-5511

Department of Transportation
Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities


Bureau of Investigation

Alaska Bureau of Investigation

Phone: (907) 259-5511



Port of Authority

Alaska Gasline Port Authority

P.O. Box 3144

Valdez, Alaska 99686

Phone: (907) 474-2011

Fax: (907) 474-2001

Alaska's Inter-Island Ferry Authority

Phone: (907) 755-4848

Fax: (907) 755-4849



Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, Anchorage (ANC)

(Principal port of entry)

Phone: (907) 266-2526
Lost & Found:
(907) 266-2623
(907) 266-2446

Airport Police

Phone: (907) 266-2411

Alternative Airport Police Contact Number: (907) 243-1400

Fairbanks International Airport, Fairbanks (FAI)
Airport Manager: (907) 474-2500

Airport Fire and Police: (907) 474-2539

Police and Law Enforcement Operations
Chief: (907) 474-2539

Juneau International Airport, Juneau (JNU)
Airport Security: (907) 586-0899

Juneau Police Department
Phone: (907) 586-0600
Fax: (907) 463-4808

Ketchikan International Airport, Ketchikan (KTN)
Phone: (907) 225-6800
Fax: (907) 225-2939


Ketchikan Police Department

361 Main Street

Ketchikan, Alaska 99901

Phone: (907) 225-6631



Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Alaska Court System Family Law Self-Help Center

Phone: (907) 264-0851

Toll-free (Outside of Anchorage): (866) 279-0851

The Alaska State Legislature
Phone: 1-800-478-4648

Alaska Court System
Alaska Court Directory

Alaska Bar Association
Phone: (907) 272-7469
Fax: (907) 272-2932

Alaska Department of Law
1031 West 4th Avenue, Suite 200

Anchorage, AK 99501

Phone: (907) 269-5100

Fax: (907) 276-3697



Locator Service
Child Support Services Division

550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 310

Anchorage, AK 99501-6699

Phone: (907) 269-6900
Toll-free: 1-800-478-3300 (in-state only)
Fax: (907) 787-3220

Compensation Program for Crime Victims
Violent Crimes Compensation Board
PO Box 110230
Juneau, AK 99811-0230
Phone: (907) 465-3040

Fax: (907) 465-2379


Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)