State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to Contact:
A state clearinghouse is usually run by law enforcement. It provides help in cases of parental child abduction. For abductions from another country to the United States, they can help locate a child. For abductions from the United States to another country, they can help parents in filing missing person reports.

Nevada Office of the Attorney General
Missing Children Clearinghouse
555 E. Washington Ave., Suite 3900
Las Vegas, NV  89101-6208
Phone: 702-486-3539


Law Enforcement

Reason to Contact:
Contact your local police to file a missing person's report. Ask them to enter your child's name into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database.

FBI Field Office
Las Vegas Field Division
1787 West Lake Mead Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89106
Phone: 702-385-1281

Department of Public Safety
Nevada Department of Public Safety
Phone: 775-684-4808

State Patrol
Phone: 775-687-5300
Investigations Division: 775-684-7412

Department of Transportation
Nevada Department of Transportation
Phone: 775-888-7000

Nationwide Resources:
Taking a child from the United States, or attempting to, is a federal crime. So is keeping a child outside of the United States to block parental rights. These acts are crimes under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204). The FBI has jurisdictional authority to investigate federal crimes. If you have questions or believe someone has abducted your child outside of the United States or is planning to do so, contact a FBI field office in the United States. To find the FBI field office nearest to you, use this link:



Reason to Contact:
If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of possible abduction, contact the airport for help. You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed. You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you with this process. You can reach them at or by calling 888-407-4747. 


Legal Assistance

Reason to Contact:
If you are involved in an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid group may be able to help you with your legal representation. Legal aid organizations provide free legal help or help at a low cost to eligible individuals. Eligibility is mainly based on income and resource limits. There are also rules on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Nevada Judiciary
Phone: 702-486-9300

Nevada Supreme Court
Self Help       

State Bar of Nevada
Phone: 800-254-2797
Family Law Section

Nevada Attorney General

Locator Service
Child Support Enforcement Program
Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
1470 College Parkway
Carson City, NV 89706
Phone: 800-992-0900

Compensation Program For Crime Victims
Victims of Crime Program
P.O. Box 94525
Las Vegas, NV 89193


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to Contact:
The resource below may help you determine your state custody laws and if your state has laws on abduction prevention. You may also want to consult the Attorney General’s Office website of your state or contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Please note: the resource below may not be current and may change at any time. This resource is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. 

Non-Profit Organization

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)
333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 125
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: 703-224-2150  

Last Updated: April 23, 2024