State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

Louisiana Department of Social Services
Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children
Louisiana State Police
LA-SAFE Hotline 800-434-8007
Phone: (337) 262-3320


Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

Contact your local police to file a missing person's report and request that your child's name be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer database. 

FBI Field Office
New Orleans Field Office
2901 Leon C. Simon Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70126
Phone: (504) 816-3000
Fax: (504) 816-3306
E-mail: Neworleans@ic.fbi.gov

State Patrol
Louisiana State Police
Phone: (225) 925-6006

Department of Public Safety
Louisiana Department of Public Safety

Port Authorities

Port of South Louisiana
Phone: (985) 652-9278
1-888-SLA-PORT (752-7678)
Fax: (504) 568-6270
E-Mail Address: info@portsl.com

Port of New Orleans
Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
Phone: (504) 522-2551
Fax: (504) 524-4156
Harbor Police Department
Phone: (504) 891-7585

Port of Greater Baton Rouge
Phone: (225) 342-1660
Fax: (225) 342-1666
Emergency Phone/Main Gate Security: (225) 342-5378

Port of Alexandria
Phone: (318) 473-1848
Fax: (318) 473-8183

Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development

Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:  http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at PreventAbduction1@state.gov or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, New Orleans (MSY) (*principal port of entry)
Phone: (504) 464-0831
Fax: (504) 465-1264
TDD: (504) 463-1057
Email: mail@flymsy.com
Lost & Found: (504) 464-2671
Airport Police Contact Number: (504) 589-3949                          
Airport Police After-hours Contact Number: (504) 589-6107
Kenner Police Department
Phone: (504) 712-2222

Alexandria International Airport (Louisiana), Alexandria (AEX)
Airport Security: (318) 419-2721
Alexandria Police Department: (318) 449-5099


Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Louisiana General Assembly

Office of the Louisiana Attorney General

Louisiana Supreme Court
Clerk of Court's Office (504) 310-2300
Judicial Administrator's Office (504) 310-2550
Law Library of Louisiana (504) 310-2400

Children and Families

Louisiana State Bar Association
Phone: (504) 566-1600
1-800 421-LSBA (5722)

Locator Service
Office of Family Support
Support Enforcement Services Division
Louisiana Department of Social Services
PO Box 94065
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9065
Phone: (225) 342-4780
www.dss.state.la.us, from the home page click on the “Child Support” link

Compensation Program for Crime Victims
Crime Victims Reparations Board
Commission on Law Enforcement
1885 Wooddale Boulevard, Suite 708
Baton Rouge, LA 70806-1550
Phone: (225) 342-1749
1-888-6-VICTIM (684-2846/in-state only)
www.lcle.state.la.us, from the home page respectively click on the “Our Programs”
and “Crime Victim Reparations” links

Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)