State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

Missing Child Center - Hawaii
Department of the Attorney General
State Office Tower
235 S. Beretania Street. Suite 401
Honolulu, HI  96813
Phone : (808) 586-1449


Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

Contact your local police to file a missing person's report and request that your child's name be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer database. 

FBI Field Office
Honolulu Field Office
91-1300 Enterprise Street, Kapolei, HI 96707
Phone: (808) 566-4300
Fax: (808) 566-4470

Department of Public Safety
Hawaii Department of Public Safety
Phone:  (808) 587-1288
Fax:  (808) 587-1282
Sheriff Division
Phone: (808) 587-3621

Department of Transportation
Hawaii Department of Transportation
Airport Division
Phone: (808) 836-6413
E-mail: airvisitorinfo@hawaii.gov
Administrator: (808) 838-8600
Fax:  (808) 838-8734
Email: airadministrator@hawaii.gov
Harbors Division
Harbors Administrator: (808) 587-1927

Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:  http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at PreventAbduction@state.gov or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Hilo International Airport, Hilo (ITO)
1363 Mokuea Street
Hilo, HI 96720
Phone: (808) 961-9321
Manager's Office
Phone: (808) 961-9300
Email: airhawaii@hawaii.gov
Hawaii Police Department
Phone: (808) 935-3311
Police Chief: (808) 961-2244

Honolulu International Airport, Honolulu (HNL) (*principal port of entry)
300 Rodgers Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96819
Phone: (808) 836-6411
Email: airoahu@hawaii.gov
Airport Police Phone Contact: (808) 541-2539
Honolulu Police Department
Phone: (808) 529-3111

Kona International Airport at Keahole, Kailua/ Kona (KOA)
73-200 Kupipi Street
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740-2645
Phone: (808) 327-9520
Email: airhawaii@hawaii.gov
Hawaii Police Department
Phone: (808) 935-3311


Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Hawaii State Legislature

Hawaii State Judiciary
Helpful Information and Resources

Hawaii State Bar Association
Phone (808) 537-1868
Fax (808) 521-7936

Hawaii Department of the Attorney General
Phone: (808) 586-1500
Fax: (808)586-1239

Locator Service
Hawaii Child Support Enforcement Agency
Department of the Attorney General
425 Queen Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 586-1500
Fax: (808) 586-1239

Compensation Program For Crime Victims
Crime Victims Compensation Commission
1136 Union Mall, Room 600
Honolulu, HI 96813-2711
Phone: (808) 587-1143
Fax: (808) 587-1146
Email: cvcc@hawaii.rr.com

Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)