State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

Mississippi Highway Patrol
Criminal Information Center
3891 Highway 486 West
Pearl, MS  39208
Phone: (601) 933-2659


Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

Contact your local police to file a missing person's report and request that your child's name be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer database. 

FBI Field Office
Jackson Field Office
1220 Echelon Parkway
Jackson, MS 39213
Phone: (601) 948-5000
Fax: (601) 713-7550
E-mail: fbijn@leo.gov

Department of Public Safety
Mississippi Department of Public Safety
Phone: (601) 987-1212

Mississippi Bureau of Investigation

State Patrol
Mississippi Highway Patrol

Department of Transportation
Mississippi Department of Transportation
Phone: (601) 359-7001

Port Authorities
Mississippi Port Authority Association
Phone: 1-888-MOPORTS (888-667-6787)
Email: moports@modot.mo.gov

Mississippi Port Authority at Gulfport
Phone: (228) 865-4300  
Fax: (228) 865-4335

Port of Pascagoula
Phone: (228) 762-4041
Fax: (228) 762-7476
Email: info@portofpascagoula.com

Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:  http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at PreventAbduction@state1.gov or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport, Gulfport/ Biloxi (GPT)
14035 - L  Airport Road
Gulfport, MS 39503
Phone: (228) 863-5951
Toll Free: 1-866-4GPTBLX
Fax: (228) 863-5953
E-mail: gpt@flygpt.com
Gulfport Police Department Airport Division
Phone: (228) 863-5951 ext. 3042

Jackson-Evers International Airport, Jackson (JAN)
100 International Dr. Suite 300
Jackson, MS 39208
Phone: (601) 939-5631
Email: JMAA.info@jmaa.com
Jackson Police Department: (601) 960-1234


Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Mississippi State Legislature

State of Mississippi Judiciary

Supreme Court

Mississippi Bar Association
Phone: (601) 948-4471   
Fax: (601) 355-8635

Mississippi Office of the Attorney General

Locator Service
Division of Child Support Enforcement
Mississippi Department of Human Services
750 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39202-3033
Phone: 1-800-948-3050

Compensation Program for Crime Victims
Crime Victim Compensation Division Program
Office of the Attorney General
PO Box 220
Jackson, MS 39205-0220
Phone: (601) 359-6766
Email: crimevictimcomp@ago.state.ms.us

Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)

Last Updated: October 16, 2018