State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

Wyoming Office of the Attorney General
Division of Criminal Investigation
208 S. College Dr. 
Cheyenne, WY  82002
Phone: (307) 777-7252
Email: wydci@wyo.gov


Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

FBI Field Office
Wyoming falls under the purview of FBI Denver
Denver Field Office
8000 East 36th Avenue
Denver, CO 80238
Phone: (303) 629-7171

State Patrol
Wyoming State Patrol
Phone: (307) 777-4301
Fax: (307) 777-3897
In-state emergencies: 1-800-442-9090
Non-emergencies: (307) 777-4321
Department of Public Safety
5300 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009
Phone: (307) 777-4756
Fax: (307) 777-3927
WyoLink Support Center: (307) 777-9565

Department of Transportation
Wyoming Department of Transportation
Phone: (307) 777-4375

Wyoming Attorney General
123 Capitol Building
200 W. 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7841
Fax: (307) 777-6869
TDD: (307) 777-5351
Division of Criminal Investigation
Phone: (307) 777-7181

Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:  http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at PreventAbduction1@state.gov or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Casper/Natrona County International Airport, Casper (CPR)
8500 Airport Parkway
Casper, WY 82604
Airport Manager's Office: (307) 472-6688
Control Tower: (307) 472-8940
Customs: (307) 235-8513
The City of Casper Police Department
Police Chief: (307) 235-8225


Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Wyoming State Legislature
Phone: (307) 777-7881

Wyoming Judicial Branch
Supreme Court
Clerk of Court: (307) 777-7316

Self Help Center

Wyoming State Bar
Phone: (307)632-9061
Fax: (307) 632-3737

Locator Service
Child Support Enforcement
Department of Family Services
122 West 25th St., Herschler Building,
1301 First Floor East
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-6948
Fax: (307) 777-5588

Compensation Program for Crime Victims
Division of Victim Services
Office of the Attorney General
122 West 25th Street
Herschler Building, First Floor West
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7200
Fax: (307) 777-6683
Victim Helpline V/TTY: 1-888-996-8816
Email: ag-victimservices@wyo.gov

Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)

Last Updated: August 16, 2019