State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Criminal Intelligence Office
Missing Person Clearinghouse
6600 N Harvey Pl.
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Phone: (405)-879-2645
1- 800-522-8017
Fax: (405) 879-2967


Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

Contact your local police to file a missing person's report and request that your child's name be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer database. 

FBI Field Office
Oklahoma City Division
3301 West Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73134-7098
Phone: (405) 290-7770
Fax: (405) 290-3885

Department of Public Safety
Oklahoma Department of Public Safety

State Patrol
Oklahoma Highway Patrol
Phone: (405) 425-2424

Department of Transportation
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
Email: odotinfo@odot.org

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
6600 North Harvey
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Phone: (405) 848-6724

Port Authorities

The Port of Muskogee
5201 Three Forks Road
Ft. Gibson, OK 74434
Phone: (918) 682-7886
Fax: (918) 683-4811
Email: muskogeeport@muskogeeport.com

Tulsa Port of Catoosa
5350 Cimarron Road
Catoosa, OK 74015-3027
Phone: (918) 266-2291

Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:  http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at PreventAbduction@state.gov or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Tulsa International Airport, Tulsa (TUL)
7777 East Apache
Tulsa, OK 74115
Phone: (918) 838-5000    
Fax: (918) 838-5199    
Email: taaweb@cityoftulsa.org  
Lost & Found: (918) 838-5090
Tulsa Police Department
24 Hour Non-Emergency Assistance (918) 596-9222


Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Oklahoma Legislature

Oklahoma State Courts Network

Oklahoma Bar Association
Phone: (405) 416-7000
Fax: (405) 416-7001

Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General
313 NE 21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
OKC Phone: (405) 521-3921
Tulsa Phone: (918) 581-2885

Locator Service
Child Support Enforcement Division
Oklahoma Department of Human Services
PO Box 53552
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3552
Phone: 1-800-522-2922

Compensation Program for Crime Victims
Oklahoma District Attorneys Council
Crime Victims Compensation Board
421 NW 13th Street, Suite 290
Oklahoma City, OK 73103-3701
Phone: (405) 264-5006
Email: victimsservices@dac.state.ok.us

Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)

Last Updated: October 11, 2018