New Hampshire


State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to contact:

A state clearinghouse is an entity (usually law enforcement) that provides help in cases of parental child abduction.  For abductions TO the United States, they can help locate a child.  For abductions FROM the United States, they may serve as a resource to left-behind parents in filing missing person reports.

New Hampshire State Police
Investigative Services Bureau
Major Crime Unit
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH  03305
Phone: (603) 223-3856
Fax: (603) 271-2520


Law Enforcement

Reason to contact:

Contact your local police to file a missing person's report and request that your child's name be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer database. 

FBI Field Office
New Hampshire falls under the purview of FBI Boston
FBI Boston
Suite 600
One Center Plaza
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: (617) 742-5533

New Hampshire State Patrol
New Hampshire Division of State Police
Phone: 1-800-735-2964
Investigative Services Bureau

New Hampshire Department of Public Safety

New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Phone: (603) 271-3734
Fax: (603) 271-3914

Port Authorities

Port of New Hampshire

New Hampshire State Port Authority
Phone: (603) 431-1925

Country-wide resources:
Removing, or attempting to remove, a child from the United States or retaining a child outside of the United States with the intent to obstruct parental rights is a Federal crime under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204).  The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) has jurisdictional authority for investigating Federal crimes.  FBI field offices are located throughout the U.S. and should be contacted if you have questions or believe your child has been or will be abducted outside of the United States.  To locate the FBI field office closest to you, access this link:



Reason to contact:

If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of a possible abduction, contact the airport to request assistance.  You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed.  You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you as you undertake this process at or by calling 888-407-4747. 

Portsmouth International Airport at Pease
36 Airline Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 433-6536
Fax: (603) 334-6135

Rockingham County Police Department
Phone: (603) 679-2225


Legal Aid

Reason to contact:

If you are party to an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid organization may be able to assist you with your legal representation.  Legal aid organizations provide legal assistance for free or for a reduced charge to eligible individuals.  Eligibility is generally based on income and resource ceilings as well as restrictions on the types of cases they will take. 

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

New Hampshire Government

New Hampshire Judicial Branch
Family Division
Phone: (603) 271-6545
1-877-641-0966 toll free from New Hampshire
Supreme Court
Phone: (603) 271-2646

New Hampshire Bar Association
Phone: (603) 224-6942
Fax: (603) 224-2910

Department of Justice

Locator Service
Division of Child Support Services
Department of Health & Human Services
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-3852
Phone: (603) 271-4427
1-800-852-3345, extension 4745

Compensation Program for Crime Victims
Victim's Compensation Program
Office of the Attorney General
33 Capitol Street
Concord, NH 03301-6397
Phone: (603) 271-1284
1-800-300-4500 (in-state only)
TDD Access Relay NH: 1-800-735-2964

Non-Profit Organizations
Contact Association of Missing and Exploited Children’s Organizations (AMECO) toll-free at 1-877-263-2620 for a referral


Resources for State Statutes

Reason to contact:

The resources below may be a good starting place for determining whether statutes regarding abduction prevention exist in your state.  You may want to consult the website for the Attorney General’s Office of your state or with an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.  (Please note: the resources below may not be current and may change at any time.  They are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended to consist of legal advice).

Uniform Child Abduction Prevention Act (UCAPA) – Enactment by state

Family Abduction: Prevention and Response (6th Ed)