Security Alert
May 17, 2024

Worldwide Caution

Replace or Certify Documents

Homepage for Replacing and Certifying Documents


Replace or Certify Documents

What We Do

Replace Documents

We provide copies of records for life events that happened in a foreign country. These documents include birth, death, and marriage records we issued.

Certify Documents

We certify documents for use overseas. We add apostilles and authentication certificates to documents. The country where you will use the document determines the certificate you need.

If you need to authenticate a document that we issued, go to our Vital Records Office webpage. These documents include birth, death, or marriage records.