State Clearinghouse on Missing Children

Reason to Contact:
A state clearinghouse is usually run by law enforcement. It provides help in cases of parental child abduction. For abductions from another country to the United States, they can help locate a child. For abductions from the United States to another country, they can help parents in filing missing person reports.

There is no State Clearinghouse for Guam


Law Enforcement

Reason to Contact:
Contact your local police to file a missing person's report. Ask them to enter your child's name into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. 

FBI Field Office 
Guam falls under the purview of FBI Honolulu: 
Honolulu Field Office 
91-1300 Enterprise Street 
Kapolei, HI 96707 
Phone: 808-566-4300

FBI Guam Resident Agency 
Maite Branch 
400 Route 8, Suite 402 
Maite, Guam 96910 
Phone: 671-472-7465

Guam Police Department
Building 233 Central Avenue
Tiyan, Guam 96912
Phone: 671-472-8911 

Port Authority 
1026 Cabras Highway Suite 201 
Piti, Guam 96915 
Phone: 671-477-5931/472-PORT

Nationwide resources:
Taking a child from the United States, or attempting to, is a federal crime. So is keeping a child outside of the United States to block parental rights. These acts are crimes under the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act (18 U.S.C. 1204). The FBI has jurisdictional authority to investigate federal crimes. If you have questions or believe someone has abducted your child outside of the United States or is planning to do so, contact a FBI field office in the United States. To find the FBI field office nearest to you, use this link: 




Reason to Contact:
If you know your child is being taken to the airport as part of possible abduction, contact the airport for help. You should have copies of all custody and legal documents ready to send by email or fax, if needed. You can contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues to assist you with this process. You can reach them at or by calling 888-407-4747.


Legal Assistance

Reason to Contact:
If you are involved in an international parental child abduction case in the United States or abroad, a legal aid group may be able to help you with your legal representation. Legal aid organizations provide free legal help or help at a low cost to eligible individuals. Eligibility is mainly based on income and resource limits. There are also rules on the types of cases they will take.  

For information about legal aid and other legal referral resources, visit

Follow the prompts for the particular state in which you are seeking legal services.

Guam Attorney General
Phone: 671-475-3324

Guam Legislature
I Mina'trentai Unu Na
Liheslaturan Guåhan
155 Hesler Place
Hagåtña, Guam 96910
Phone: 671-472-3501

Justice Department of Guam

Guam Legal Services Corporation

Supreme Court
Ste. 300 Guam Judicial Center
120 West O’Brien Drive
Hagåtña, Guam 96910-5174
Clerk of the Court
Phone: 671-475-3120/3162

Guam Bar Association
Phone: 671-475-3396

Locator Service
Child Support Enforcement Division
Office of the Attorney General
590 South Marine Corps Drive
Suite 704
ITC Building
Tamuning, GU 96913
Phone: 671-475-3360


Resource for State Statutes

Reason to Contact:
The resource below may help you determine your state custody laws and if your state has laws on abduction prevention. You may also want to consult the Attorney General’s Office website of your state or contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state. Please note: the resource below may not be current and may change at any time. This resource is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Non-Profit Organization

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) 
333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 125 
Alexandria, VA 22314 

Last Updated: April 8, 2024