U.S. Visas


U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country


Republic of Serbia
Exercise normal precautions in Serbia.

Exercise normal precautions in Serbia. 

Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Serbia:

Quick Facts

Must be valid at time of entry


One page required for entry stamp


Not required for stays under 90 days




None, if under 10,000 euros


None, if under 10,000 euros

Embassies and Consulates

U.S. Embassy Belgrade

Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92
11040 Belgrade
+(381) (11) 706-4000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(381) (11) 706-4000
Fax: +(381) (11) 706-4481
Email: belgradeacs@state.gov

Destination Description

Please see the Department of State’s Fact Sheet on Serbia for information on U.S. – Serbia Relations.

Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements

Visit the Embassy of Serbia's website for the most current visa information.

  • U.S. citizens do not need a visa to enter and stay in Serbia for up to 90 days.
  • It is important to enter and exit Serbia using the same passport. U.S. citizens who also hold Serbian citizenship should always enter and exit Serbia on their Serbian passport.
  • If you lose your U.S. passport after arriving in Serbia, you must obtain a police report and a new passport prior to departure.
  • You cannot enter Serbia using an expired or previously-reported lost U.S. passport. Immigration authorities will deny you entry and return you to your point of embarkation.
  • U.S. citizens must register with the local police within the first 24 hours of arrival. Hotels or similar accommodation will do this for you. If you are staying at a private residence, you will need to register in person at the nearest police station.

Temporary Residence Permits: If you wish to stay in Serbia longer than 90 days during any 180-day period, you must apply for a temporary residence permit from the local police with jurisdiction over where you are staying in Serbia. You cannot apply for a residence permit outside of Serbia.

  • For information about how to apply for a temporary residency permit, please visit the Serbian Ministry of Interior’s website.
  • All application documents require an apostille stamp from the government office where you got the document. To learn more about apostilles and other official documents, please see the Notarial and Authentication Services page.

Special Guidance for Kosovo:

  • Serbian border officials do not recognize the authority of Kosovo’s government.
  • Serbia will not grant entry to travelers who try to enter Serbia from Kosovo without first having previously entered Serbia from another recognized crossing and obtaining a Serbian entry stamp.
  • A traveler who arrives in Belgrade by air and drives directly to Kosovo (not through a third country) will be permitted to re-enter Serbia from Kosovo.  
  • Travelers who fly or drive into Kosovo from a third country and plan to also travel by land to Serbia must first exit Kosovo and enter Serbia via either the Serbia-Macedonia or the Serbia-Montenegro border.

The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to or foreign residents of Serbia.

Find information on dual nationality, prevention of international child abduction, and customs regulations on our websites.

Safety and Security

Credible information indicates terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Europe. European governments are taking action to guard against terrorist attacks; however, all European countries remain potentially vulnerable to attacks from transnational terrorist organizations.

Anti-U.S. Sentiments: Anti-U.S. sentiments are most prevalent around certain anniversaries and some national holidays, including: February 17 (the date of the 2008 independence of Kosovo), March 24 (the beginning of the 1999 NATO bombing campaign), and ethnic Serb holidays such as St. Vitus’s Day (Vidovdan, celebrated June 28).

Sporting Events: Wins or losses in sporting events can also trigger violence, especially matches between rival teams. U.S. citizens have not been targets of any recent sports-related violence, but in a few isolated cases, soccer hooligans and petty criminals singled out and attacked non-Serbians. We urge U.S. citizens to be vigilant if attending, or in the vicinity of, sporting events in Serbia. U.S. Government employees are generally advised to avoid the vicinity of high-profile sporting events where violence might ensue due to rivalries and animosity between competing teams’ fans.

Night Clubs: As a safety precaution due to xenophobic violence, the following splavs and clubs have been declared off-limits for U.S. officers, staff, and dependent family members under Chief of Mission authority in Serbia:

  • Plastic night club
  • Splav Slep
  • Mr. Stefan Braun night club

Demonstrations: Demonstrations by political parties, unions, and other groups are common in Serbia, and may become violent. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn violent. U.S. citizens in Serbia should avoid demonstrations if possible, and maintain caution if within the vicinity of demonstrations. There is often a heavier than usual police presence near demonstrations, and traffic may slow or stop until well after the demonstration ends.


  • Pick-pocketing, purse snatchings, residential burglaries, and other crimes of economic motivation regularly occur.
  • Most crimes happen because people let their guard down. Unlocked cars, valuable items left in plain sight (such as money, jewelry, and electronics), open gates, and open garage doors make attractive targets for thieves.
  • Violent crime in Serbia is most often associated with organized crime activities, but can also be the result of xenophobia.
  • Tourists are not often the targets of violent crime, but killings associated with organized crime have occurred in places where tourists gather such as hotels, restaurants, shops, and busy streets.
  • Tourists should pay attention to taxi meters and listed fares as taxi drivers may try to scam foreigners and charge higher rates.

See the Department of State and the FBI pages for information on scams.

Victims of Crime: If you or someone you know becomes the victim of a crime in Serbia, you should contact the local police.

The Serbian equivalent to the “911” emergency line is 192 (police), 193 (fire-fighters), 194 (paramedics), and 1987 (road assistance). If you are dialing any of these numbers from your cell phone, you need to dial the area code first (in Belgrade, 011 + number).

  • Local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting crimes.

See our webpage on help for U.S. victims of crime overseas.

We can:

  • Help you find appropriate medical care
  • Assist you in reporting a crime to the police
  • Contact relatives or friends with your written consent
  • Explain the local criminal justice process in general terms
  • Provide a list of local attorneys
  • Provide our information on victim’s compensation programs in the United States.
  • Provide an emergency loan for repatriation to the United States and/or limited medical support in cases of destitution
  • Help you find accommodation and arrange flights home
  • Replace a stolen or lost passport

Domestic Violence: U.S.-citizen victims of domestic violence may contact the Embassy for assistance.

For further information:

Local Laws & Special Circumstances

Criminal Penalties: You are subject to local laws. If you violate local laws, even unknowingly, you may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned. Your U.S. passport won’t help you avoid arrest or prosecution.

Furthermore, some crimes are also prosecutable in the U.S., regardless of local law. For examples, see our website on crimes against minors abroad and the Department of Justice website.

Arrest Notification: If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy immediately. See our webpage for further information.

Faith-Based Travelers: See our following webpages for details:

LGBTI Travelers: There are no legal restrictions on same-sex sexual relations or the organization of LGBTI events in Serbia. Serbia has active and increasingly-visible lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) advocacy groups, and several LGBTI bars operate openly and without problems in Belgrade. Many recent LGBTI public events, including the 2017 Pride Week events, were held without incident, although the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Pride parades were cancelled by the government because of security concerns. LGBTI travelers should consider exercising caution when visiting Serbia, especially with regard to expressing affection in public. Many LGBTI Serbians do not reveal their sexual orientation or gender identity, and avoid reporting incidents to police. As a result, individual police officers may have limited experience or knowledge with regard to specific concerns of LGBTI individuals or the LGBTI community more broadly.

For further information on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) travel, please read our LGBTI Travel Information page and section 6 of our Human Rights Report

Travelers Who Require Accessibility Assistance: Accessibility and accommodation may be very different than what one finds in the United States. Travelers may encounter difficulties in accessing older buildings, outdoor tourist sites, hotels, and public transport. Sidewalks and paths to buildings and tourist sites are often uneven. Hotels frequently do not have elevators.

Students: See our Students Abroad page and FBI travel tips.

Women Travelers: Please review our travel tips for women travelers.

Bringing Money into Serbia: If you enter Serbia with more than 10,000 euro in cash (or equivalent in other currencies), you must declare it to customs. If you fail to do so, Serbian customs may confiscate your money or levy heavy fines. Please review our customs information for additional details.


Medical Facilities: Many doctors and other health care providers in Serbia are highly-trained. Equipment and hygiene in hospitals, clinics, and ambulances are usually not up to U.S. standards. U.S. name-brand medicines are often unavailable in Serbia. You can get many medicines and basic medical supplies at private pharmacies. Medical facilities usually require payment in cash for all services, and do not accept U.S. health insurance. Please review our travel tips for older travelers.

The United States Government does not pay medical bills. Be aware that U.S. Medicare does not apply overseas.

  • Carry prescription medication in original packaging, along with your doctor’s prescription.

Medical Insurance: Make sure your health insurance plan provides coverage overseas. See our webpage for more information on insurance providers for overseas coverage.

We strongly recommend supplemental insurance to cover medical evacuation.

Vaccinations: Be up-to-date on all vaccinations recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Further health information:

Travel and Transportation

Road Conditions and Safety: Roads in Serbia are not always well-maintained, especially in rural areas and in Southern Serbia.

  • Exercise caution when driving on roads in southern Serbia in the winter.
  • Drivers should also be cautious when driving along Serbia’s Ibarska Magistrala, the highway between Belgrade to Čačak because of the higher rate of accidents.
  • Winter fog in Serbia is another concern because it significantly reduces visibility and is especially heavy in the Vojvodina region between Belgrade and the Hungarian border.

Roadside assistance is available by dialing 1987 locally. The local numbers for the police and ambulance are 192 and 194, respectively.

Traffic Laws:

  • You may use a U.S. driver’s license in Serbia for up to 180 days after your arrival.
  • Drivers with a blood alcohol level higher than 0.05% are considered intoxicated and face arrest, prosecution, and fines.
  • You must wear a seat belt while driving or riding in a car in Serbia.

Public Transportation: Belgrade and some other large cities in Serbia have public transportation networks. Buses are often crowded, and some lines and vehicles are poorly maintained. There is also intercity bus and train service for many locations in Serbia.

See our Road Safety page for more information. More specific information concerning Serbian driving permits, vehicle inspection, road tax, and required insurance is available at the Serbian Automotive Association's website.

AVIATION SAFETY OVERSIGHT: The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has assessed the government of Serbia’s Civil Aviation Authority as being in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aviation safety standards for oversight of Serbia’s air carrier operations. Further information may be found on the FAA’s safety assessment page.

Hague Convention Participation
Party to the Hague Abduction Convention?
U.S. Treaty Partner under the Hague Abduction Convention?
What You Can Do
Learn how to respond to abductions FROM the US
Learn how to respond to abductions TO the US
Embassies and Consulates

U.S. Embassy Belgrade

Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92
11040 Belgrade
+(381) (11) 706-4000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(381) (11) 706-4000
Fax: +(381) (11) 706-4481
Email: belgradeacs@state.gov

General Information

Serbia and the United States have been treaty partners under the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention) since December 1, 1991.

For information concerning travel to Serbia, including information about the location of the U.S. Embassy, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, entry/exit requirements, safety and security, crime, medical facilities and health information, traffic safety, road conditions and aviation safety, please see country-specific information for Serbia.

The U.S. Department of State reports statistics and compliance information for individual countries in the Annual Report on International Parental Child Abduction (IPCA).  The report is located here.


Hague Abduction Convention

The U.S. Department of State serves as the U.S. Central Authority (USCA) for the Hague Abduction Convention.  In this capacity, the Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, Directorate for Overseas Citizens Services, Office of Children’s Issues, facilitates the submission of applications under the Hague Abduction Convention for the return of, or access to, children located in countries that are U.S. treaty partners, including Serbia.  Parents are strongly encouraged to contact the Department of State for assistance prior to initiating the Hague process directly with the foreign Central Authority.

Contact information:

United States Department of State
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Washington, DC 20522-1709
Telephone:  1-888-407-4747
Outside the United States or Canada: 1-202-501-4444
Fax: 202-485-6221

The Serbian Central Authority (SCA) for the Hague Abduction Convention is located in the Ministry of Justice.  The SCA has an administrative role in processing Hague applications.  The Ministry of Justice forwards completed Hague applications to the competent civil court in the jurisdiction where the child resides. The SCA can be reached at:

Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Serbia
International Legal Assistance Department
St. Nemanjina 22-26
Belgrade, Republic of Serbia
Tel.: +381 (11) 3622 356
Fax: +381 (11) 3622 356
E-mail: int.legal.assist.srb@mpravde.gov.rs

To initiate a Hague case for return of, or access to, a child in Serbia, the USCA encourages a parent or legal guardian to review the eligibility criteria and instructions for completing the Hague application form located at the Department of State website and to contact the Department of State for assistance prior to initiating the Hague process directly with the SCA.  It is extremely important that each document written in English be translated into Serbian.  Please note, however, that certified translations are not necessary.  The USCA is available to answer questions about the Hague application process, to forward a completed application to the SCA, and to subsequently monitor its progress through the foreign administrative and legal processes. 

There are no fees for filing Hague applications with either the U.S. or Serbian central authorities.  Attorney fees are the responsibility of the applicant parent.  Additional costs may include airplane tickets for court appearances and for the return of the child, if so ordered.


A parent or legal guardian may file an application under the Hague Abduction Convention for return to the United States of a child abducted to, or wrongfully retained in, Serbia.  The U.S. Department of State can assist parents living in the United States to understand whether the Convention is an available civil remedy and can provide information on the process for submitting a Hague application.


A person may file an application under the Hague Abduction Convention for access to a child living in Serbia.  The criteria for acceptance of a Hague access application vary from country to country.  The U.S. Department of State can assist parents living in the United States to understand country-specific criteria and provide information on the process for submitting a Hague application.

Retaining an Attorney

The Serbian federal government is extremely supportive of mediation programs to resolve international parental abduction cases. While courts cannot order cases into mediation, judges can and do strongly encourage mediated resolutions and can stay hearings to permit parties the time to mediate. The SCA and the judge hearing the Hague case work together to identify cases that are potentially suitable for mediated resolutions and make recommendations accordingly. Participation in mediation is voluntary. 


A parent or legal guardian may file an application under the Hague Abduction Convention for return to the United States of a child abducted to, or wrongfully retained in, Serbia.  The U.S. Department of State can assist parents living in the United States to understand whether the Convention is an available civil remedy and can provide information on the process for submitting a Hague application.

Exercising Custody Rights

While travelling in a foreign country, you are subject to the laws of that country. It is important for parents to understand that, although a left-behind parent in the United States may have custody or visitation rights pursuant to a U.S. custody order, that order may not be valid and enforceable in the country in which the child is located.  For this reason, we strongly encourage you to speak to a local attorney if planning to remove a child from a foreign country without the consent of the other parent.  Attempts to remove your child to the United States may:

  • Endanger your child and others;
  • Prejudice any future judicial efforts; and
  • Could result in your arrest and imprisonment.

The U.S. government cannot interfere with another country’s court or law enforcement system.

To understand the legal effect of a U.S. order in a foreign country, a parent should consult with a local attorney in the country in which the child is located.  

For information about hiring an attorney abroad, see our section on Retaining a Foreign Attorney. 

Although we cannot recommend an attorney to you, most U.S. Embassies have lists of attorneys available online. Please visit the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate website for a full listing.

For more information on consular assistance for U.S. citizens arrested abroad, please see our website.

Country officers are available to speak with you Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.  For assistance with an abduction in progress or any emergency situation that occurs after normal business hours, on weekends, or federal holidays, please call toll free at 1-888-407-4747. See all contact information.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this flyer is provided for general information only, is not intended to be legal advice, and may change without notice. Questions involving interpretation of law should be addressed to an attorney licensed in the relevant jurisdiction. 


Hague Convention Participation
Hague Adoption Convention Country?
Are Intercountry Adoptions between this country and the United States possible?
Is this country a U.S. Hague Partner?
Hague Convention Information

Serbia is party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention or Convention). Intercountry adoption processing in Convention countries is done in accordance with the requirements of the Convention; the U.S. implementing legislation, the Intercountry Adoption Act of 2000 (IAA); and the IAA’s implementing regulations, as well as the implementing legislation and regulations of Serbia.

Serbia places a priority on domestic adoption. Generally, only children with special needs are available for intercountry adoption.


To bring an adopted child to the United States from Serbia you must meet eligibility and suitability requirements. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) determines who can adopt under U.S. immigration law.

Additionally, a child must meet the definition of Convention adoptee under U.S. law in order to immigrate to the United States on an IH-3 immigrant visa following a final adoption.

Who Can Adopt

In addition to the U.S. requirements, Serbia obliges prospective adoptive parents to meet the following requirements in order to adopt a child from Serbia

  • Residency: There are no residency requirements for adoption.
  • Age of Adopting Parents:  Prospective adoptive parents must be at least 18 years older and no more than 45 years older than the child.
  • Marriage:  If there are two prospective adoptive parents, they must be married. A common-law marriage can qualify. Single prospective adoptive parents are also eligible to adopt a child in Serbia with special approval from the Central Authority. Although Serbian family law does not explicitly prohibit LGBT individuals from adopting, the Central Authority has in the past not placed children with an LGBT prospective adoptive parent or couple.
  • Income: Serbian Family Law does not specify income requirements. The adoption authority relies on the U.S. home study when determining the eligibility of prospective adoptive parents.
  • Other:  Prospective adoptive parents who have been diagnosed with a mental disorder or infectious disease are disqualified from adopting. Prospective adoptive parents with other serious health conditions must demonstrate to the Central Authority their ability to raise the child. Persons who have been convicted of serious crimes are ineligible to adopt.
Who Can Be Adopted

Because Serbia is party to the Hague Adoption Convention, children from Serbia must meet the requirements of the Convention in order to be eligible for adoption. For example, the adoption may take place only if the competent authorities of Serbia have determined that placement of the child within Serbia has been given due consideration and that an intercountry adoption is in the child’s best interests. In addition to Serbia’s requirements, a child must meet the definition of Convention adoptee to be eligible for an immigrant visa that will allow you to bring him or her to the United States.


  • Relinquishment:  The Serbian Family Act allows for the relinquishment of children by giving consent for adoption, although it does not specifically use the term “relinquishment.”  In domestic adoptions under the Family Law, parents may give consent with or without designating the adopting parents – but this provision does not apply to intercountry adoptions. Children available for intercountry adoption are already wards of the state under the legal guardianship of a social worker from the Centers for Social Work. It is the legal guardian social worker who provides any consent required for intercountry adoption. Parents or legal guardians may not consent to the adoption of a child younger than two months of age, and may rescind their consent within 30 days.
  • Abandonment:  Parental consent is not required for children who are abandoned; who do not have living parents; whose parents are unknown or whose whereabouts are unknown; or children whose parents have had their parental rights terminated. A legal guardian must still consent to the adoption in cases of abandonment. The legal guardian in intercountry adoption cases is always a social worker from the Center for Social Work.
  • Age of Adoptive Child: Children between ages of two (2) months and 18 years of age are eligible for adoption.
  • Sibling Adoptions: Serbian Family Law does not specifically address sibling adoptions. However, adoption authorities may try to place siblings together if they determine that it is in the best interests of the siblings.
  • Special Needs or Medical Conditions:  These subjects are not specifically addressed in the Serbian Family Law, but in practice, because Serbia gives preference to domestic adoption (i.e., adoption by Serbian citizens), only children with special needs have become available for intercountry adoptionSerbian citizens who are resident in the United States can adopt under the procedures for domestic adoptions.
  • Waiting Period or Foster Care:  A foreign citizen may adopt a child in Serbia only after the child has been registered for adoption for at least one year and no domestic adopters (i.e., Serbian citizens) have been found.
How to Adopt

WARNING: Serbia is party to the Hague Adoption Convention. Do not adopt or obtain legal custody of a child in Serbia before a U.S. consular officer issues an “Article 5 Letter” in the case. Read on for more information.

Serbia’s Adoption Authority
Ministry of Labor, Employment, Veteran, and Social Issues

Note: If any of the following occurred prior to April 1, 2014 (the date on which the Hague Adoption Convention entered into force with respect to Serbia), the Hague Adoption Convention may not apply to your adoption: 1) you filed a Form I-600A identifying Serbia as the country where you intended to adopt; 2) you filed a Form I-600; or; 3) the adoption was completed. Under these circumstances, your adopted child’s visa application could continue to be processed in accordance with the immigration regulations for non-Convention adoptions. For more information, read about Transition Cases. Please contact adoptionusca@state.gov with the details of the case if this situation applies to you.


Because Serbia is party to The Hague Adoption Convention, those adopting from Serbia must follow a specific process designed to meet the Convention’s requirements. A brief summary of the Convention adoption process is given below. You must complete these steps in the following order so that your adoption meets all necessary legal requirements. Adoptions completed out of order may result in the child not being eligible for an immigrant visa to the United States.

  1. Choose a U.S. accredited or approved adoption service provider
  2. Apply to USCIS to be found eligible to adopt
  3. Be matched with a child by authorities in Serbia
  4. Apply to USCIS for the child to be found eligible for immigration to the United States and receive U.S. agreement to proceed with the adoption
  5. Adopt a child in Serbia
  6. Obtain a U.S. immigrant visa for your child and bring your child home

1. Choose a U.S. Accredited or Approved Adoption Service Provider

The recommended first step in adopting a child from Serbia is to select an adoption service provider in the United States that has been accredited or approved to provide services to U.S. citizens in Convention cases. Only accredited or approved adoption services providers may provide adoption services between the United States and Serbia. The U.S. accredited or approved adoption service provider will act as the primary provider in your case. The primary adoption service provider is responsible for ensuring that all adoption services in the case are done in accordance with The Hague Adoption Convention and U.S. laws and regulations. Learn more about Agency Accreditation.

2. Apply to USCIS to be Found Eligible to Adopt

After you choose an accredited or approved adoption service provider, you must apply to be found eligible to adopt by the responsible U.S. government agency, the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), by submitting Form I-800A. Read more about Eligibility Requirements.

Once USCIS determines that you are “eligible” and “suited” to adopt by approving the Form I-800A, your adoption service provider will provide your approval notice, home study, and any other required information to the adoption authority in Serbia as part of your adoption dossier. Serbia’s adoption authority will review your application to determine whether you are also eligible to adopt under Serbia’s law.

3. Be Matched with a Child by in Serbia

If both the United States and Serbia determine that you are eligible to adopt, and the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Policy has determined that a child is available for adoption and that intercountry adoption is in that child’s best interests, the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Policy in Serbia may provide you with a referral for a child. The referral is a proposed match between you and a specific child based on a review of your dossier and the needs of a specific child in Serbia. The Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Policy in Serbia will provide a background study and other information, if available, about the child to help you decide whether to accept the referral or not. Each family must decide for itself whether or not it will be able to meet the needs and provide a permanent home for a particular child. If you accept the referral, the adoption service provider communicates that to the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Policy in Serbia. Learn more about this critical decision.

4. Apply to USCIS for the Child to be Found Eligible for Immigration to the United States and Receive U.S. Agreement to Proceed with the Adoption

After you accept a match with a child, you will apply to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for provisional approval for the child to immigrate to the United States (Form I-800). USCIS will make a provisional determination as to whether the child meets the definition of a convention adoptee and will be eligible to enter the United States and reside permanently as an immigrant.

After provisional approval of Form I-800, your adoption service provider or you will submit a visa application to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade that is responsible for issuing immigrant visas to children from Serbia. A consular officer will review the Form I-800 and the visa application for possible visa ineligibilities and advise you of options for the waiver of any noted ineligibilities.

WARNING: The consular officer will send a letter (referred to as an “Article 5 Letter”) to Serbia’s Central Authority in any intercountry adoption involving U.S. citizen parents and a child from Serbia where all Convention requirements are met and the consular officer determines that the child appears eligible to immigrate to the United States. This letter will inform Serbia’s Central Authority that the parents are eligible and suited to adopt, that all indications are that the child may enter and reside permanently in the United States, and that the U.S. Central Authority agrees that the adoption may proceed.

Do not attempt to adopt or obtain custody of a child in Serbia before a U.S. consular officer issues the “Article 5/17 Letter” in any adoption case.

Remember:  The consular officer will make a final decision about a child’s eligibility for an immigrant visa later in the adoption process.

5. Adopt a Child in Serbia

Remember: Before you adopt a child in Serbia, you must have completed the above four steps. Only after completing these steps, can you proceed to finalize the adoption.

The process for finalizing the adoption (or obtaining legal custody) in Serbia generally includes the following:

  • Role of Adoption Authority: The Ministry for Labor, Employment and Social Policy (Ministry) and the Centers for Social Work in each of Serbia’s municipalities share responsibilities for the adoption process in Serbia. The Ministry is the main point of contact in intercountry adoptions. The Ministry determines the eligibility of prospective adoptive parents, registers the prospective adoptive parents who are determined to be eligible, and matches the registered prospective adoptive parents with the child. The municipal Centers for Social Work conduct the adoption ceremony and issue the adoption decree. The social workers from these Centers are also the legal guardians of the children eligible for adoption and must consent to the adoption. The Centers for Social Work also arranges for issuance of a new birth certificate and passport for the child after the adoption is finalized.
  • Role of the Court:  The adoption process in Serbia is an administrative process overseen by the Ministry and courts do not have jurisdiction over the process.
  • Role of Adoption Agencies: There is currently only one U.S. adoption agency authorized to provide adoption services in Serbia. U.S. accredited agencies need to work directly with the central adoption authority.
  • Time Frame:  The length of the adoption process varies greatly. Once consular officers issue the “Article 5” letter and prospective adoptive parents travel to Serbia, the process is generally finished within three weeks.
  • Adoption Application:  There is no specific application form. See the “Documents Required” section below.
  • Adoption Fees: The adoption authorities in Serbia do not charge any fees during the process. The only fee is for the issuance of the child’s passport, currently about $25.00 in local currency.

    In the adoption services contract that you sign at the beginning of the adoption process, your agency will itemize the fees and estimated expenses related to your adoption process.

  • Documents Required:  
    • Written request with justification signed by at least one of the prospective adoptive parents (a short explanation or cover letter explaining the reasons and circumstances of the adoption).
    • Short biography of prospective adopting parents;
    • Home Study;
    • Prospective adoptive parents' birth certificates;
    • Marriage Certificate, if applicable;
    • Criminal Records/Police Certificates;
    • Medical report on adoptive parents’ general health condition;
    • Evidence of employment, income, assets and property;
    • Evidence that prospective adoptive parents meet the U.S. adoption requirements;
    • Evidence of U.S. citizenship (passport);
    • Photographs of adoptive parents (two 3.5 by 4.5 cm passport photos of each parent).
  • Note: Additional documents may be requested. All documents must be translated into Serbian by a court certified translator.

  • Authentication of Documents:  The United States and Serbia are parties to the Hague Apostille Convention. U.S. public documents may be authenticated with Apostille by the appropriate U.S. Competent Authority.

6. Obtain an Immigrant Visa for your Child and Bring Your Child Home

Now that your adoption is complete (or you have obtained legal custody of the child for the purpose of adopting the child in the United States), there are a few more steps to take before you can head home. Specifically, you need to apply for three documents before your child can travel to the United States:

Birth Certificate
If you have finalized the adoption in Serbia to the adoption authority will arrange for issuance of a birth certificate for your child so that you can later apply for a passport.

How to obtain a new birth certificate for the child in Serbia

The Serbian adoption authorities arrange the issuance of a new birth certificate for adopted children. Following the adoption, local authorities will also replace the names of the biological parents in the registry books with the names of the adopting parents. Please note that the child's first name cannot be changed in Serbia. Should the U.S. adoptive parents wish to change the child's first name, they must do so through a separate U.S. court process after returning to the United States. The Center for Social Work will issue an Adoption Decree (Resenje o usvojenju), and arrange for issuance of the birth certificate and Serbian passport.

Serbia Passport
Your child is not yet a U.S. citizen, so he/she will need a travel document or passport from Serbia.

How to obtain a Passport for the child in Serbia

The Serbian Center for Social Work or Ministry will arrange the issuance of a new Serbian passport for the adopted child. The passport fee is currently equivalent to approximately $25 in local currency. The Ministry of Internal Affairs issues the passport and generally expedites passport applications for adopted children. In most cases it takes two business days for passport issuance.

U.S. Immigrant Visa

After you obtain the new birth certificate and passport for your child, you also need to finalize your application for a U.S. visa for your child from the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade.  After the adoption is granted, visit the U.S Embassy for final review of the case, issuance of a U.S. Hague Adoption Certificate, final approval of Form I-800, and to obtain your child’s immigrant visa. This immigrant visa allows your child to travel home with you. As part of this process, the consular officer must be provided the “Panel Physician’s” medical report on the child if it was not provided during the provisional approval stage. Read more about the Medical Examination.

Child Citizenship Act

For adoptions finalized abroad prior to the child’s entry into the United States: A child will acquire U.S. citizenship upon entry into the United States if the adoption was finalized prior to entry and the child otherwise meets the requirements of the Child Citizenship Act of 2000.

*Please be aware that if your child did not qualify to become a citizen upon entry to the United States, it is very important that you take the steps necessary so that your child does qualify as soon as possible. Failure to obtain citizenship for your child can impact many areas of his/her life including family travel, eligibility for education and education grants, and voting. Read more about the Child Citizenship Act of 2000.

Traveling Abroad

Applying for Your U.S. Passport
U.S. citizens are required by law to enter and depart the United States on a valid U.S. passport. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue, or verify U.S. passports.

Getting or renewing a passport is easy. The Passport Application Wizard will help you determine which passport form you need, help you to complete the form online, estimate your payment, and generate the form for you to print—all in one place.

Obtaining a Visa to Travel to Serbia 
U.S. citizens do not need visas to stay in Serbia for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. If you want to stay in Serbia longer than 90 days during any 180-day period, you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit at the local police station with authority over the place where you are staying in Serbia. You cannot apply for a residence permit while outside of Serbia. 

If you are staying in a private home, you must register with the local police station with authority over the area where you are staying within 24 hours of arriving in Serbia. If you do not register, you might have to pay a fine, go to jail, or be deported.  If you do not register you may also have difficulty with the airport police when you try to leave the country. If you are staying in a hotel or other public place, it is customary that management will register you with the police. You can learn more about registering with local authorities on the Government of Serbia website. To find information about obtaining a visa for Serbia see the Department of State’s Country Specific Information.

Staying Safe on Your Trip
Before you travel, it is always a good practice to investigate the local conditions, laws, political landscape, and culture of the country. The Department of State provides Country Specific Information for every country of the world about various issues, including the health conditions, crime, unusual currency or entry requirements, and any areas of instability.

Staying in Touch on Your Trip
When traveling during the adoption process, we encourage you to enroll with the Department of State. Enrollment makes it possible to contact you if necessary. Whether there is a family emergency in the United States or a crisis in Serbia, enrollment assists the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in reaching you.

Enrollment is free and can be done online via the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).

After Adoption

Post-Adoption/Post-Placement Reporting Requirements

Serbia requires post-adoption reporting but does not specify the frequency or format of the reporting. The Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Policy has indicated that they are particularly interested in reports on the child’s medical, educational, and developmental situation and that they prefer to receive reports two times per year.

We strongly urge you to comply with Serbia’s post-adoption requirements in a timely manner. Your adoption agency may be able to help you with this process. Your cooperation will contribute to that country’s history of positive experiences with U.S. citizen parents.

Post-Adoption Resources

Many adoptive parents find it important to find support after the adoption. There are many public and private nonprofit post-adoption services available for children and their families. There are also numerous adoptive family support groups and adoptee organizations active in the United States that provide a network of options for adoptees who seek out other adoptees from the same country of origin. Take advantage of all the resources available to your family, whether it is another adoptive family, a support group, an advocacy organization, or your religious or community services.

Here are some places to start your support group search:

Note: Inclusion of non-U.S. government links does not imply endorsement of contents.

Contact Information

U.S. Embassy in Serbia
92 Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadjordjevica
11040 Belgrade
Tel: +381 11 706 4000
Fax: +381 11 706 4481
Email: Belgradeadoptions@state.gov
Internet: rs.usembassy.gov/

Serbia’s Adoption Authority
Ministry of Labor, Employment, Veteran, and Social Issues
Nemanjina 22-26
11000 Belgrade
Tel: +381 11 3631448
Email:  socijalna_zastita@minrzs.gov.rs
Internet: minrzs.gov.rs/cms/en/home

Embassy of the Republic of Serbia
2134 Kalorama Rd.,
NW Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 332-0333
Fax: (202) 332-3933
Email: info@serbiaembusa.org
Internet: serbiaembusa.org/

Serbia also has consulates in New York and Chicago

Office of Children’s Issues
U.S. Department of State  
SA-17, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20522-1709
Tel: 1-888-407-4747
Email: AdoptionUSCA@state.gov
Internet: adoption.state.gov

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
For questions about immigration procedures:
National Customer Service Center (NCSC)
Tel: 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833)
Internet: uscis.gov

For questions about filing a Form I-800A or I-800 petition:
National Benefits Center
Tel: 1-877-424-8374 (toll free); 1-816-251-2770 (local)
Email: NBC.Adoptions@DHS.gov

Reciprocity Schedule

Select a visa category below to find the visa issuance fee, number of entries, and validity period for visas issued to applicants from this country*/area of authority.

Explanation of Terms

Visa Classification: The type of nonimmigrant visa you are applying for.

Fee: The reciprocity fee, also known as the visa issuance fee, you must pay. This fee is in addition to the nonimmigrant visa application fee (MRV fee).

Number of Entries: The number of times you may seek entry into the United States with that visa. "M" means multiple times. If there is a number, such as "One", you may apply for entry one time with that visa.

Validity Period: This generally means the visa is valid, or can be used, from the date it is issued until the date it expires, for travel with that visa. If your Validity Period is 60 months, your visa will be valid for 60 months from the date it is issued.

Visa Classifications
Fee Number
of Entries
A-1 None Multiple 60 Months
A-2 None Multiple 60 Months
A-3 1 None Multiple 12 Months
B-1 None Multiple 120 Months
B-2 None Multiple 120 Months
B-1/B-2 None Multiple 120 Months
C-1 None Multiple 36 Months
C-1/D None Multiple 36 Months
C-2 None Multiple 36 Months
C-3 None Multiple 48 Months A
CW-1 11 None Multiple 12 Months
CW-2 11 None Multiple 12 Months
D None Multiple 36 Months
E-1 2 None Multiple 12 Months
E-2 2 None Multiple 12 Months
E-2C 12 None Multiple 12 Months
F-1 None Multiple 24 Months
F-2 None Multiple 24 Months
G-1 None Multiple 60 Months
G-2 None Multiple 60 Months
G-3 None Multiple 36 Months
G-4 None Multiple 60 Months
G-5 1 None Multiple 12 Months
H-1B None Multiple 12 Months 3
H-1C None Multiple 12 Months 3
H-2A None Multiple 12 Months 3
H-2B None Multiple 12 Months 3
H-2R None Multiple 12 Months 3
H-3 None Multiple 12 Months 3
H-4 None Multiple 12 Months 3
I None Multiple 12 Months
J-1 4 None Multiple 24 Months
J-2 4 None Multiple 24 Months
K-1 None One 6 Months
K-2 None One 6 Months
K-3 None Multiple 24 Months
K-4 None Multiple 24 Months
L-1 None Multiple 12 Months
L-2 None Multiple 12 Months
M-1 None Multiple 12 Months
M-2 None Multiple 12 Months
N-8 None Multiple 60 Months
N-9 None Multiple 60 Months
NATO 1-7 N/A N/A N/A
O-1 None Multiple 12 Months 3
O-2 None Multiple 12 Months 3
O-3 None Multiple 12 Months 3
P-1 None Multiple 12 Months 3
P-2 None Multiple 12 Months 3
P-3 None Multiple 12 Months 3
P-4 None Multiple 12 Months 3
Q-1 6 None Multiple 12 Months 3
R-1 None Multiple 12 Months
R-2 None Multiple 12 Months
S-5 7 None One 1 Month
S-6 7 None One 1 Month
S-7 7 None One 1 Month
T-1 9 N/A N/A N/A
T-2 None One 6 Months
T-3 None One 6 Months
T-4 None One 6 Months
T-5 None One 6 Months
T-6 None One 6 Months
TD 5 N/A N/A N/A
U-1 None Multiple 48 Months
U-2 None Multiple 48 Months
U-3 None Multiple 48 Months
U-4 None Multiple 48 Months
U-5 None Multiple 48 Months
V-1 None Multiple 120 Months
V-2 None Multiple 120 Months 8
V-3 None Multiple 120 Months 8
Country Specific Footnotes
  1. A visa is to be issued with the validity of the applicant's assignment as indicated in the official note of request, but may not exceed 48 months.

Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply if you believe this information is in error or if you have further questions.


Visa Category Footnotes
  1. The validity of A-3, G-5, and NATO 7 visas may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the person who is employing the applicant. The "employer" would have one of the following visa classifications:

    • A-1
    • A-2
    • G-1 through G-4
    • NATO 1 through NATO 6

  2. An E-1 and E-2 visa may be issued only to a principal alien who is a national of a country having a treaty, or its equivalent, with the United States. E-1 and E-2 visas may not be issued to a principal alien if he/she is a stateless resident. The spouse and children of an E-1 or E-2 principal alien are accorded derivative E-1 or E-2 status following the reciprocity schedule, including any reciprocity fees, of the principle alien’s country of nationality.  

    Example: John Doe is a national of the country of Z that has an E-1/E-2 treaty with the U.S. His wife and child are nationals of the country of Y which has no treaty with the U.S. The wife and child would, therefore, be entitled to derivative status and receive the same reciprocity as Mr. Doe, the principal visa holder.  

  3. The validity of H-1 through H-3, O-1 and O-2, P-1 through P-3, and Q visas may not exceed the period of validity of the approved petition or the number of months shown, whichever is less.

    Under 8 CFR §214.2, H-2A and H-2B petitions may generally only be approved for nationals of countries that the Secretary of Homeland Security has designated as participating countries. The current list of eligible countries is available on USCIS's website for both H-2A and H-2B visas. Nationals of countries not on this list may be the beneficiary of an approved H-2A or H2-B petition in limited circumstances at the discretion of the Department of Homeland Security if specifically named on the petition.  

    Derivative H-4, L-2, O-3, and P-4 visas, issued to accompanying or following-to-join spouses and children, may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the principal alien.

  4. There is no reciprocity fee for the issuance of a J visa if the alien is a United States Government grantee or a participant in an exchange program sponsored by the United States Government.

    Also, there is no reciprocity fee for visa issuance to an accompanying or following-to-join spouse or child (J-2) of an exchange visitor grantee or participant.

    In addition, an applicant is eligible for an exemption from the MRV fee if he or she is participating in a State Department, USAID, or other federally funded educational and cultural exchange program (program serial numbers G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-7).

    However, all other applicants with U.S. Government sponsorships, including other J-visa applicants, are subject to the MRV processing fee.

  5. Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canadian and Mexican nationals coming to engage in certain types of professional employment in the United States may be admitted in a special nonimmigrant category known as the "trade NAFTA" or "TN" category. Their dependents (spouse and children) accompanying or following to join them may be admitted in the "trade dependent" or "TD" category whether or not they possess Canadian or Mexican nationality. Except as noted below, the number of entries, fees and validity for non-Canadian or non-Mexican family members of a TN status holder seeking TD visas should be based on the reciprocity schedule of the TN principal alien.

    Canadian Nationals

    Since Canadian nationals generally are exempt from visa requirement, a Canadian "TN' or "TD" alien does not require a visa to enter the United States. However, the non-Canadian national dependent of a Canadian "TN", unless otherwise exempt from the visa requirement, must obtain a "TD" visa before attempting to enter the United States. The standard reciprocity fee and validity period for all non-Canadian "TD"s is no fee, issued for multiple entries for a period of 36 months, or for the duration of the principal alien's visa and/or authorized period of stay, whichever is less. See 'NOTE' under Canadian reciprocity schedule regarding applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality.

    Mexican Nationals

    Mexican nationals are not visa-exempt. Therefore, all Mexican "TN"s and both Mexican and non-Mexican national "TD"s accompanying or following to join them who are not otherwise exempt from the visa requirement (e.g., the Canadian spouse of a Mexican national "TN") must obtain nonimmigrant visas.

    Applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality, who have a permanent resident or refugee status in Canada/Mexico, may not be accorded Canadian/Mexican reciprocity, even when applying in Canada/Mexico. The reciprocity fee and period for "TD" applicants from Libya is $10.00 for one entry over a period of 3 months. The Iranian and Iraqi "TD" is no fee with one entry over a period of 3 months.

  6. Q-2 (principal) and Q-3 (dependent) visa categories are in existence as a result of the 'Irish Peace Process Cultural and Training Program Act of 1998'. However, because the Department anticipates that virtually all applicants for this special program will be either Irish or U.K. nationals, the Q-2 and Q-3 categories have been placed only in the reciprocity schedules for those two countries. Q-2 and Q-3 visas are available only at the Embassy in Dublin and the Consulate General in Belfast.

  7. No S visa may be issued without first obtaining the Department's authorization.

  8. V-2 and V-3 status is limited to persons who have not yet attained their 21st birthday. Accordingly, the period of validity of a V-2 or V-3 visa must be limited to expire on or before the applicant's twenty-first birthday.

  9. Posts may not issue a T-1 visa. A T-1 applicant must be physically present in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands or a U.S. port of entry, where he/she will apply for an adjustment of status to that of a T-1. The following dependents of a T-1 visa holder, however, may be issued a T visa at a U.S. consular office abroad:

    • T-2 (spouse)
    • T-3 (child)
    • T-4 (parent)
  10. The validity of NATO-5 visas may not exceed the period of validity of the employment contract or 12 months, whichever is less.

  11. The validity of CW-1 and CW-2 visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (12 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.

  12. The validity of E-2C visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (24 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.



General Documents

Please check back for update

Birth, Death, Burial Certificates

Birth and Death Certificates

Available. Birth (Izvod iz Maticne Knjige Rodjenih) and death certificates, (Izvod iz Maticne Knjige Umrlih) are available from the civil registrar having jurisdiction over the locality where the event occurred. Prior to May l0, 1946, these records were maintained by church authorities, except in Vojvodina where civil records were kept. The church documents are entitled Izvod iz Maticne Knjige Rodjenih i Krstenih (Birth certificate) and Izvod iz Maticne Knjige Umrlih (death certificate). Many records were destroyed during the Second World War and reconstructed afterwards.

Marriage, Divorce Certificates

Marriage Certificates

Available.  Marriage (Izvod iz Maticne Knjige Vencanih) are available from the civil registrar having jurisdiction over the locality where the event occurred. The fact that a marriage took place by proxy is not usually evident from the marriage certificate. Prior to May l0, 1946, these records were maintained by church authorities, except in Vojvodina where civil records were kept. Since that date, only civil marriages have been legal. The church documents are entitled Izvod iz Maticne Knjige Vencanih (Marriage certificate). Many records were destroyed during the Second World War and reconstructed afterwards.

Same-sex marriage is not recognized in Serbia.

Divorce Certificate

Available. Copies of divorce judgments are available from the district court (okruzni sud) which decided the case. A divorce certificate is typewritten and headed "In the Name of the People" (U ime naroda). Since May l0, l976, only divorces obtained through the civil courts have been legal. Prior to this date, divorces granted by church authorities were also recognized, except in Vojvodina.

Adoption Certificates

Please check back for update

Identity Card

Available. All residents of Serbia who have reached their eighteenth birthday must carry an identity card (Licna Karta) issued by the Secretariat for Internal Affairs (Sekretarijat za Unutrasnje Poslove). In 2009, Serbia started issuing a new ID card which is the same shape and size as many other European ID cards. As specified by the ISO/IEC 7810 standards, it contains all required security features such as having a machine readable zone, biodata with digital photo integrated in the card, and the bearers signature and fingerprint printed on the card and chip.

Police, Court, Prison Records

Police Record

Available. Citizens of Serbia may obtain police certificates (Izvod iz kaznjene evidencije) from the Ministry for Internal Affairs (MUP - Ministarstvo unutrasnjih poslova); that is, the police authority, at a person's permanent residence. For citizens born in a different district from where they reside, the police authority will request information from the person's town of birth, and the response time will vary. Based on input from the place of birth, police at the place of residence will issue the final official version of the certificate.

The police certificate documents whether the applicant has been convicted of any crimes and the articles of law involved. Note that in many cases, convictions can be expunged after ten years. Thus, the record may not be complete beyond ten years, but it is the best and only record available. It should include any convictions in other former Yugoslav republics prior to their independence, so that if someone lived in one of those republics after their independence they must also obtain a police record from that country. This certificate should not be confused with the certificates issued by courts (Sudsko uverenje) that cover only that specific court and indicate the absence of any current investigation, charge or conviction in that period.

NOTE : A second party, such as the Embassy, may not request police certificates on individuals to independently verify someone's background. Consular officers must rely on certificates requested by the individual in person. The potential for fraudulent documentation exists, but is not common; if there is doubt about the authenticity of the certificate, the police station that issued it can usually confirm whether a document it purportedly issued is authentic.

According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, non-citizens who once resided in Serbia, and are now in their native country, may apply for police certificates with their local Ministry of Foreign Affairs who will then, through diplomatic channels, contact the Embassy of Serbia in that country.

Non-citizens who once resided in Serbia, and are in a third country now, may apply with their Embassy in that country, who will then, through diplomatic channels, contact the Embassy of Serbia.

Prison Record

Available. A statement of the time spent in a correctional institution can be obtained from the prison in which a person was confined. It does not contain a report of his demeanor during imprisonment.

Military Records


Passports & Other Travel Documents

The current Serbian passport is dark red with gold lettering and a crest on the front. "Republic of Serbia" and "passport" are printed in Serbian Cyrillic only. The passport meets modern security standards, including a plasticized biodata page that has an electronic chip inside. The nationality code for this passport is SBA. 

Other Records

Statement of Unmarried Status

The civil registrar having jurisdiction over a person's residence will issue a certificate (uverenje) stating that the applicant is not married.

Note: Non-residents must apply for these documents through a Serbian diplomatic mission. They are unlikely to receive a reply if they write directly to the issuing office. Serbian consular offices throughout the world are supplied with the appropriate forms for obtaining civil documents. The request will be forwarded to the Serbia Ministry of of Foreign Affairs for transmission to the office responsible for the issuance of the required document. The document will then be returned to the applicant via the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Diplomatic Mission of Serbia overseas.

The above procedure can be lengthy. All applicants are encouraged to obtain the required documents through a family member, friend or lawyer residing in Serbia, who could apply personally at the office which issues them.

Visa Issuing Posts

Belgrade (Embassy)

Tel: Embassy Switchboard - 381-11-706 4000
Visa Information - 381-11-305-0550

Fax: - 381-11-706 4481

Visa Services

All visa categories for Serbia. Immigrant visas for Montenegro.

Foreign Consular Office Contact Information

Washington, DC (202) 332-0333 extensions 103 and 104 (202) 332-5974

Chicago, IL (312) 670-6707 (312) 670 6787

New York, NY (212) 596-4241 (212) 596-4363

Assistance for U.S. Citizens

U.S. Embassy Belgrade
Bulevar kneza Aleksandra
Karadordevica 92
11040 Belgrade
+(381) (11) 706-4000
+(381) (11) 706-4000
+(381) (11) 706-4481
Serbia Map

Learn about your destination
Additional Information for Reciprocity

Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply if you believe this information is in error or if you have further questions.