Select a visa category below to find the visa issuance fee, number of entries, and validity period for visas issued to applicants from this country*/area of authority.
Visa Classification: The type of nonimmigrant visa you are applying for.
Fee: The reciprocity fee, also known as the visa issuance fee, you must pay. This fee is in addition to the nonimmigrant visa application fee (MRV fee).
Number of Entries: The number of times you may seek entry into the United States with that visa. "M" means multiple times. If there is a number, such as "One", you may apply for entry one time with that visa.
Validity Period: This generally means the visa is valid, or can be used, from the date it is issued until the date it expires, for travel with that visa. If your Validity Period is 60 months, your visa will be valid for 60 months from the date it is issued.
Please check back for update
Birth Certificates (Cerdidoes de Narrativa de Registo de Nascimento) are issued by the Macau Birth Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Nascimentos de Macau).
Death certificates (Certidoes de Narrativa de Registo de Obito) are available from the Macau Marriage and Death Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Casamentos e Obitos de Macau, for deaths that have occurred since April 1, 1963.
Marriage certificates (Cerdidoes de Narrativa de Registo de Casamento) are issued by the Macau Marriage and Death Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Casamentos e Obitos de Macau).
Certificates of Divorce (Cerdidoes de Divorcio) are issued by the Macau Court, upon request, to either party of the dissolved marriage.
Certificates of Conference Record (Certidoes de Acta de Conferencia) are issued by the Macau Marriage and Death Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Casamentos e Obitos de Macau).
Marriage certificates with divorce registration (Certidoes de Narrativa de Registo de Casamento com Averbamento de Divorcio) are issued by the Macau Marriage and Death Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Casamentos e Obitos de Macau).
Birth certificates with divorce registration (Certidoes de Narrativa de Registo de Nascimento com Averbamento de Divorcio) are issued by the Macau Birth Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Nascimentos de Macau).
Divorce certificates (Certidoes de Narrativa de Registo de Divorcio) are issued by the Macau Marriage and Death Registry Office (Conservatoria do Registo de Casamentos e Obitos de Macau.
Please check back for update
Please check back for update
Document Name: Certificate of Criminal Record
Issuing Authority: Identification Services Bureau (Direcção dos Serviços de Identificação) - Avenida da Praia No. 804, Edificio China Plaza, 20 andar, Macau
Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: N/A
Issuing Authority Personnel Title: N/A
Registration Criteria: Police certificates and/or any records of conviction will be sent directly to the applicants. Please refer to dsi.gov.mo for additional information. Enquiry hotlines: (853) 2837-0777 or (853) 2837-0888. All applicants should be 16 years of age or older.
1. Access the “Postal Application Service” system of Identification Services Bureau (DSI) to obtain an application number and print out an application slip;
2. Mail “Part 2” of the application slip and the required documents to DSI. (Mailing address: Macau Postal Box No. 1089/ Avenida da Praia No. 804, Edificio China Plaza, 20 andar, Macau);
3. After receiving the required documents (see below), DSI will update the application progress in the “Postal Application Service” system. Applicants should check their application status in the system from time to time.
4. When the application status changes to “Please pay for the application”, applicants can pay the fee to complete their application.
1. Application form or application letter, which should state clearly applicant’s name, parents’ name, date and place of birth, usage of the certificate (i.e. “for immigration”), contact information, and type of application (normal or urgent). In the letter, the applicant should sign and impress a right index fingerprint next to their signature. For the first-time application, a set of ten fingerprint impression should be submitted to DSI (the form for fingerprint impression can be downloaded in DSI’s website);
2. Proof of residence in Macao or proof of application for residing in Macao, such as identification documents issued in Macao, proof issued by a school in Macao, a notification letter in regard to Residence Authorization application issued by the Immigration Department of the Public Security Police Force, a document issued by the Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute to request the applicant to submit the Certificate of Criminal Record and so on;
3. Photocopy of a valid travel document of the applicant;
4. If the applicant does not hold a Macao SAR Resident Identity Card and needs to state his/her parents’ name on the certificate, he/she should submit a photocopy of the relevant supporting documents, such as birth certificate. Such document is not required if the applicant has submitted it to DSI before.
Fee: Application fee + Postage (This Bureau will inform the applicant of the total amount in the “Postal Application Service” system of DSI)
1. Application fee
Normal application (5 working days): MOP50
Urgent application (2 working days): MOP150
The amount may vary depending on the destinations and weight of the documents.
Means of payment:
1. Pay online:
Pay by credit card in the “Postal Application Service” system.
2. Pay by an authorized person:
An applicant can authorize a person in Macao to pay the fee at DSI in person on his/her behalf by stating it clearly in the application letter.
Date of Collection:
Normal application: 5 working days.
Urgent application: 2 working days.
(The collection date is counted from the following day after DSI received all necessary documents.)
Certified Copies Available:
Military Records (Certificados de Servi Militar) are issued by the Consulate General of Portugal in Macau (Consulado-Geral de Portugal em Macau). Members and former members of the Portuguese Armed Forces who have served in Macau should write to the Consulate General at: Consulado Geral de Portugal em Macau, Rua Pedro Nolasco da Silva, No. 45, Macau
Hong Kong (Consulate General)
26 Garden Road, Central
PSC 461 Box 5
FPO AP 96521-0006
Telephone: (852) 2523-9011
Fax: (852) 2845-4845
Visas are issued to nationals of Macau by the U. S. Consulate General in Hong Kong.