Other Visa Categories

  • Visa Banner - Passport2

In addition to tourism, visits, business, employment, study and exchange, and immigration, there are other reasons for traveling to the United States, which also generally require a visa.


For travel through the United States to another country.

Transit Visa C

Visitor Visa B

Visa Waiver Program VWP

Medical Treatment

For travel on a visitor visa or through the Visa Waiver Program to receive medical treatment in the United States.

Visitor Visa B

Visa Waiver Program VWP

Official Government Travel

For representatives of foreign government, designated international organizations, or certain foreign military on official travel. Visas for:

Diplomats & Foreign Officials

Employees of International Organizations & NATO

Foreign Military Stationed in the United States

Renewing A, G, and NATO visas in the United States

Religious Worker Visa R

For temporary work in the United States for a religious organization.

Crewmember Visa C-1/D

For travel to the United States as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft.

Humanitarian & Special Situations

For information about the U.S. government program for refugee admissions and procedures for other humanitarian situations.

Follow-to-Join Refugees & Asylees

For the spouse and unmarried minor children abroad following to join a Refugee or Asylee in the United States.

Traveling to the United States for another reason?