You can check your application status online or by phone. You will need the following information:
- Last Name
- Include suffixes (Jones III, Patton Jr, etc.)
- Include hyphens as appropriate (Jackson-Smith)
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Last Four Digits of Social Security Number
- Access the Online Passport Status System to check your application status.
- It takes 7-10 business days after you applied for your application to be trackable online.
- Receive automatic email updates on the status of your application by entering your email address after locating your pending application in the Online Passport Status System.
Check By Phone
Call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY) to speak to a Customer Service Representative (Se habla español):
Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time
Saturday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Eastern Time
*Excluding Federal Holidays
Haven't Received Your Passport?
If the Online Passport Status System or the National Passport Information Center has indicated that your newly-issued passport has been mailed out, but you have not received it after 10 business days, please contact the National Passport Information Center. They will guide you through completion of the DS-86 form.
If you do not report the non-receipt of your passport within 90 days from the date the passport was issued, you will be required to reapply and pay all applicable fees.