8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
Philadelphia Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1129
Sterling, VA 20166-1129
Application Number Starts With:
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
To apply at this passport agency, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Make an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Mondays through Fridays, or on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our appointment line is closed on federal holidays.
- We do not charge a fee to make appointments. If you are asked to pay for an appointment, you should consider the request to be fraudulent. We are not affiliated with any third-party appointment booking services. We may not be able to honor appointments booked via third parties. Do not attempt to book duplicate appointments.
- If you have not yet applied, you must be traveling internationally within 14 calendar days. If you have already applied, you must be traveling internationally within 5 calendar days.
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance).
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees.
- Note: your appointment must be within 14 calendar days of your international travel if you have not yet applied, or 5 calendar days if you have already applied. If you need a foreign visa, the date of your appointment must be within 28 calendar days of your international travel.
If you have a life-or-death emergency, please see Life-or-Death Emergencies. If you don't meet the requirements for an appointment, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Printed confirmation of your appointment
- Printed proof of international travel
- If you are flying internationally, you must provide a flight receipt or an itinerary. If you are traveling by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean, you can provide a hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance.
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee
- Pay using a credit or debit card, or a prepaid card that is not linked to a line of credit or bank account.
*We accept all forms for first-time and renewal customers. Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency.
To make an appointment, call 1-877-487-2778. Se habla español. Be sure to keep track of the appointment confirmation number and the check-in instructions you will receive by email from the National Passport Information Center. You will need this information on the day of your appointment.
If you are applying at a passport agency or center on the weekend, we will only accept your application. At your appointment, tell us if you want to pick up your passport on a different day or have us mail your passport to you.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call 1-888-874-7793 for TDD/TTY teletype services.
- The agency is on the 1st floor, Public Entrance on 9th Street.
- We suggest you arrive 15 minutes early to go through security screening. If you're over age 18, you must bring a valid, government-issued ID to enter our building. Weapons, food, and drinks (except water in a sealable bottle) are not allowed.
- Check in at the Information Desk. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
There is metered parking on the streets surrounding the building, as well as several pay parking lots and garages nearby.
Last Updated: November 28, 2023