7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
National Passport Center
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1108
Sterling, VA 20166-1108
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
To apply at this passport agency, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Make an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Our appointment line is closed on the weekend and on federal holidays. We do not charge a fee to make appointments.
- Be traveling internationally within 14 calendar days.
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance).
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees.
- Note: your appointment must be within 14 calendar days of your international travel. If you need a foreign visa, the date of your appointment must be within 28 calendar days of your international travel.
If you have a life-or-death emergency, please see Life-or-Death Emergencies. If you don't meet the requirements for an appointment, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Appointment confirmation number and instructions emailed to you by the National Passport Information Center when the appointment was scheduled.
- Printed proof of international travel
- If you are flying internationally, you must provide a flight receipt or an itinerary. If you are traveling by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean, you can provide a hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance.
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (exact amount only- no change provided)
- Bank Draft or Money order
- If you are applying for a child under 16, both parents and child must be present to apply. You must submit documentation that shows parental relationship to that of the child applying for a passport. See Children Under 16 for a full list of requirements and documents.
*The agency accepts all forms for first-time and renewal customers. Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency.
To make an appointment, you must call 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY). Se habla español. Be sure to keep track of the appointment confirmation number and the check-in instructions you will receive by email from the National Passport Information Center. You will need this information on the day of your appointment.
- We suggest you arrive 15 minutes early to go through security screening. Weapons, food, and drinks (except water in a sealable bottle) are not allowed.
- Check in at the Information Desk. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
Parking is available in the front of the building. Use the customer driveway entrance and parking spaces designated for passport customers.
Last Updated: January 23, 2023