There are a number of ways to receive updates of our safety and security information. Choose the one that is right for you.
All Travel Advisories and Alerts
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Create an account at STEP.state.gov and provide the details of your specific trip, including dates of arrival and departure for the countries you choose.
- We will email you new Travel Advisories and Alerts as soon as we issue them, so be sure to provide an email address that you can access during your trip.
Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
- OSAC is a public-private partnership within the State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security that promotes cooperation between American private/non-profit companies and the U.S. government on security issues.
- OSAC publishes our Travel Advisories and Alerts, which are sortable by world regions and security categories. Note: OSAC’s listing of Travel Advisories and Alerts may not be updated immediately during evening and weekend hours.
- You may also subscribe to OSAC’s daily newsletters for additional security information. See OSAC.gov for more details.
- We will post Travel Advisories and Alerts to our @TravelGov Twitter and Facebook accounts. However, due to social media algorithms that control the type and order of messages you receive, you may not see them all. Please see our individual country pages to view the Travel Advisory and recent Alerts for a specific country.
Travel Advisories Only
- If you are not traveling now, but are interested in monitoring safety conditions for specific destination(s) overseas, sign up to receive Travel Advisory updates at STEP.state.gov under Staying at Home?
List of Countries with Travel Advisory Levels
- You can receive all 200+Travel Advisories via RSS feed via an RSS reader app from your favorite app store.
- If your organization has a website or mobile app, you can ask your administrator or programmer to use our API. Find out more here.
- The State Department’s media team will send email updates that include Level 3 and Level 4 Travel Advisory changes and reissuances. Sign up here.
U.S. Embassy RSS Feeds
You can download an RSS reader app from your favorite app store and subscribe to the RSS feed for a U.S. embassy to receive all Alerts for a specific country. See this list.