Miami Passport Agency
The Miami Passport Agency is currently closed to the public. Please see below.
Temporary Urgent Passport Locations Open Monday, May 1
Beginning May 1, several temporary locations will open in the Miami area to serve passport applicants with urgent travel while the Miami Passport Agency is closed due to significant water damage. These locations are able to accommodate customers who are traveling in 8 to 20 days. The temporary locations can only accept checks or money orders as payment.
Customers who are traveling in 7 days or less must apply at another passport agency. The closest passport agencies to Florida are in Atlanta and New Orleans.
The temporary location hours and days of operation will vary. All customers traveling within 20 days must schedule appointments by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TTY/TTD). Our customer service specialists will assist you in finding the most convenient location for you, either at one of the new locations or at another acceptance facility.
Customers who previously applied in person at the Miami Passport Agency and have not received their passport may contact the National Passport Information Center regarding their application status.
Applicants who are traveling in more than 20 days should use the normal passport application procedures described on travel.state.gov.
To stay up-to-date regarding developments, please follow us on Twitter, @TravelGov.
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Se habla español. 1-877-487-2778, 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of international travel.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within # business). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within # business of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents (including one photo and a front and back photocopy of identification)
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
Need help getting started?
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Report to the first floor of the Omni Building’s NE 15th Street entrance and wait to be called for your appointment.
- When prompted, take the elevator to the 3rd floor.
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions, Parking Information, and Public Transportation
Driving from Miami International Airport
Take ramp SR- 953 South/NW 42nd AVE/N Le Jeune Rd toward South Le Jeune/Coral Gables. Take ramp right for SR-836/Dolphin Expy East toward Downtown. Keep straight onto I-395 East. At exit 2A, take ramp left for N.E. 2nd Ave. toward Biscayne Blvd. /Arenas. Turn left onto NE 2ndAve/Abel Holtz Blvd. Turn right onto NE 15th St/Alvah Chapman Blvd.
Metered parking is available on Biscayne Blvd and North Bayshore Drive. There is also a parking garage (hourly and daily fees apply) in the OMNI building, as well as adjacent parking lots in the immediate vicinity of the building. Parking Rates subject to change without notice.
Buses are located at the Miami International Airport (MIA) Lower level Ramps. Bus route 7 provides service from MIA to downtown Miami.
Bus Routes 3, 16, 32, 93, 95, 103C stop near NE 15th Street and Biscayne Boulevard; this is approximately 1 minute in walking distance to the Passport Agency.
The Passport Agency is located across the street from the Metro Mover Adrienne Arsht Center Station.
Special Acceptance Events
Find a Special Passport Acceptance Event near you!
We're holding special acceptance events all across the United States this Spring to help you get your passport more easily.
Most events are for first-time and children applicants, (who use Form DS-11). If you can use Form DS-82, you can renew by mail at your convenience!
Miami Passport Agency
1501 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 210
Miami, Florida 33132
U.S. Department of State
Miami Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1094
Sterling, VA 20166-1094
7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays