Los Angeles Passport Agency
Do you need a passport for international travel within two weeks, or a foreign visa within four weeks? You might be eligible for an appointment at a passport agency. Requirements are below.
West L.A. Federal Building
11000 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90024-3602
(At the intersection of Wilshire Blvd. and Veteran Ave., in West L.A.)
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
Los Angeles Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1087
Sterling, VA 20166-1087
As of May 8, 2017, the passport photo studio in the West LA Federal Building complex is temporarily closed. Anyone applying at the Los Angeles Passport Agency must get their passport photos taken prior to arriving.
Please allow extra time to arrive for passport appointments due to construction outside the Los Angeles Passport Agency.
Passport customers may park in the visitor parking area, accessible via Veteran Ave or Sepulveda Blvd, and follow posted signs to enter the passport agency.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
1. Find out if you're eligible
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged.If you have a life or death emergency, please see Life or Death Emergencies.If you don't meet the requirements, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
- Make an appointment
2. Make an appointment
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number.Make an appointment using the online Passport Agency Appointment system.
3. Collect all your application materials
*Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
- Appointment confirmation number
- Printed proof of international travel
- Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (Exact amount only- no change provided)
- Bank Draft or Money order
4. Arrive early to your appointment
- We suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. You must show valid government ID to enter the building. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed.
- Check in at the Information Desk on the 1st Floor, Suite 1000. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
The West LA Federal Building has free three-hour visitor parking available towards the Veteran Avenue side of the building. Parking rates are subject to change without notice.