Connecticut Passport Agency
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this passport agency with proof of travel. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel.
The Connecticut Passport Agency invites you to their upcoming Passport Fair!
Location: Stamford Government Center, Senior Center 2nd Floor, 888 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901
Date: Thursday, June 8, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Customers can apply for, or renew, U.S. passport books and/or cards. Appointments are recommended, but not required. To make an appointment, email CA-PPT-CT-Applynow@state.gov.
From May 8- July 30, 2017, the parking lot at the rear of 850 Canal Street will be under construction and parking will be extremely limited. Please use mass transit, if possible.
Alternate parking is available at the Stamford Transportation Center located one-half mile from the passport agency at 30 South State Street (at Washington Blvd) in Stamford, CT. Taxi and bus services are available at the Transportation Center during published hours. There is public parking throughout downtown Stamford within one mile of the agency.
The customer entrance to the Connecticut Passport Agency will be restricted to the front entrance facing Canal Street. The rear parking lot entrance will be closed during construction.
Please see MTA Metro North for more information about Metro North service to/from Stamford Station, as well as public parking fees and public transit connections.
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Se habla español. 1-877-487-2778, 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of international travel.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within # business). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within # business of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents (including one photo and a front and back photocopy of identification)
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions, Parking Information, and Public Transportation
From New Haven:
Take Interstate 95-S to Exit 7, Atlantic Street. Make a left at the first traffic light onto Canal Street. The agency is located half a mile on the left at 850 Canal Street.
From New York:
Take Interstate 95-N to Exit 7, Atlantic Street. At the end of the ramp continue two traffic lights, then turn right at the second traffic light onto Canal Street. Continue on Canal Street a half mile. The agency is located on the left at 850 Canal Street.
From the Merritt Parkway Southbound:
Take Exit 34, Long Ridge Road, CT 104. At the end of the ramp, turn left onto Long Ridge Road. Continue 2.2 miles on Long Ridge Road, then make a right onto Cold Spring Road. Continue and stay left to continue on Washington Blvd for 1.8 miles, then turn left onto Tresser Blvd. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Canal Street. Continue half a mile, the agency will be located on the left.
From the Merritt Parkway Northbound:
Take Exit 34, Long Ridge Road, CT 104. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Long Ridge Road. Continue 2.2 miles on Long Ridge Road, then make a right onto Cold Spring Road. Continue and stay left to continue on Washington Blvd for 1.8 miles, then turn left onto Tresser Blvd. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Canal Street. Continue half a mile, the agency will be located on the left.
The Connecticut Passport Agency is located at 850 Canal Street, with parking available in the immediate area.
Via Metro-North Train - Stamford Station train stop. Walk Northeast on Station Place. Stay right to continue on Station Place which becomes Dock Street. Continue to walk 2 blocks, then make a right onto Pacific Street. Take the first left onto Market Street. Continue 3 blocks and make a right onto Canal Street. The agency is 3 blocks ahead on the left.
Special Acceptance Events
Find a Special Passport Acceptance Event near you!
We're holding special acceptance events all across the United States this Spring to help you get your passport more easily.
Most events are for first-time and children applicants, (who use Form DS-11). If you can use Form DS-82, you can renew by mail at your convenience!
Connecticut Passport Agency
850 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902
U.S. Department of State
Connecticut Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1052
Sterling, VA 20166-1052
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Excluding Federal Holidays