Connecticut Passport Agency
Do you need a passport for international travel within two weeks, or a foreign visa within four weeks? You might be eligible for an appointment at a passport agency. Requirements are below.
850 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, and Friday
10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
Connecticut Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1052
Sterling, VA 20166-1052
The Connecticut Passport Agency invites you to their upcoming Passport Fairs!
Location: SHS Conference Center, 90 State House Square, Hartford, CT
Date: Saturday, July 13, from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Location: Cornwall Public Library Conference Room, 30 Pine Street, Cornwall, CT
Date: Saturday, July 15, from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Customers can apply for, or renew, U.S. passport books and/or cards. Appointments are recommended, but not required. To make an appointment, email CA-PPT-CT-Applynow@state.gov.
From May 8- July 30, 2017, the parking lot at the rear of 850 Canal Street will be under construction and parking will be extremely limited. Please use mass transit, if possible.
Alternate parking is available at the Stamford Transportation Center located one-half mile from the passport agency at 30 South State Street (at Washington Blvd) in Stamford, CT. Taxi and bus services are available at the Transportation Center during published hours. There is public parking throughout downtown Stamford within one mile of the agency.
The customer entrance to the Connecticut Passport Agency will be restricted to the front entrance facing Canal Street. The rear parking lot entrance will be closed during construction.
Please see MTA Metro North for more information about Metro North service to/from Stamford Station, as well as public parking fees and public transit connections.
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
1. Find out if you're eligible
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged.If you have a life or death emergency, please see Life or Death Emergencies.If you don't meet the requirements, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
2. Make an appointment
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number.Make an appointment using the online Passport Agency Appointment system.
3. Collect all your application materials
*Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
- Appointment confirmation number
- Printed proof of international travel
- Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (exact change)
- Bank Draft or Money order
4. Arrive early to your appointment
- We suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed.
- Check in at the Check In Window. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
Parking is available throughout downtown Stamford within one mile of the agency.