Email sent successfully!
Thank you for sending a link to the adoption.state.gov page to the following email(s):
Notice: Changes to Requirements for Adoption Application Dossiers Submitted by Foreigners
The China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) recently announced changes to requirements for adoption application dossiers submitted by foreigners. Details regarding these changes can be found on CCCWA’s website.
Key changes include:
- Youngest child in the home must be 3-years-old before a family may apply to adopt.
- Single females may still adopt, but may have only two children living at home, not including the adopted child.
- Married couples may have up to five children, under the age of 18, in the home, not including the adopted child.
- Families must wait one full year after an adoption is complete before applying to adopt another child.
- Only one child may be adopted at a time (unless a sibling).
For further information, please contact the Office of Children’s Issues at email@example.com.