Passport Forms

  • Use our Form Filler to fill out your form and print it. 
  • For the best experience, use a desktop or laptop computer when filling out your form.
  • Check the information you entered for your date of birth and previous passport issuance date if you did not get the form you expected to receive.  
  • If you are experiencing technical issues with our Form Filler, download a PDF and complete your form by hand.
  • Visit the webpage of the U.S. embassy or consulate if you are applying for a U.S. passport while in a foreign country. 

Reminders for Printing Your Application

  • Make sure the image of the application covers the entire page.
  • Use vertical, portrait format. Do not print your form horizontally. Doing so will cause delays with your application. 
  • Print your form single-sided on 8.5 inch by 11 inch letter-sized paper. We do not accept double-sided forms.
  • The only handwritten marks we will accept when you use the Form Filler tool are your original signature and date. 

Primary Application Forms for a U.S. Passport

1. Application For A U.S. Passport (DS-11) 

        Fill out your Form DS-11 online and print it

2.  Renewal Application (DS-82)

  • You should complete this form if you meet our requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports and must apply using Form DS-11. Make sure to sign and date the form after you print it. You can also download the form if you are having issues with the form filler.
  • Eligible U.S. citizens can renew a passport online. We're conducting a beta release of an updated online renewal system.

        Fill out your Form DS-82 online and print it

3. Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504) 

        Fill out your DS-5504 form online and print it

Forms for Special Situations

You should only submit the forms listed below for special situations. 
1. Reporting Your Passport Lost or Stolen (DS-64)

        Report your Lost or Stolen Passport OnlinePrint PDF of Form DS-64

2. Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053)

  • You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11). 

        Print PDF of Form DS-3053

3.  Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)

  • You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).

        Print PDF of Form DS-5525

4. Statement You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport (DS-86)

  • You should submit this form only if we mailed your passport and you did not receive it within two weeks of us mailing it. Call the National Passport Information Center and the customer service representatives will walk you through this form.

        Print PDF of Form DS-86

Last Updated: June 12, 2024