Primary Application Forms for a U.S. Passport
1. Application For A U.S. Passport (DS-11)
2. Renewal Application (DS-82)
- You should complete this form if you meet our requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports and must apply using Form DS-11. Make sure to sign and date the form after you print it.
3. Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504)
Forms for Special Situations
You should only submit the forms listed below for special situations.
1. Reporting Your Passport Lost or Stolen (DS-64)
2. Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053)
- You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).
3. Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)
- You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).
4. Statement You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport (DS-86)
- You should submit this form only if we mailed your passport and you did not receive it within two weeks of us mailing it. Call the National Passport Information Center and the customer service representatives will walk you through this form.