8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
New Orleans Passport Center
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1115
Sterling, VA 20166-1115
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
To apply at this passport agency, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Make an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Our appointment line is closed on the weekend and on federal holidays. We do not charge a fee to make appointments.
- If you have not yet applied, you must be traveling internationally within 14 calendar days. If you have already applied, you must be traveling internationally within 5 calendar days.
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance).
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees.
- Note: your appointment must be within 14 calendar days of your international travel if you have not yet applied, or 5 calendar days if you have already applied. If you need a foreign visa, the date of your appointment must be within 28 calendar days of your international travel.
If you have a life-or-death emergency, please see Life-or-Death Emergencies. If you don't meet the requirements for an appointment, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Appointment confirmation number and instructions emailed to you by the National Passport Information Center when the appointment was scheduled.
- Printed proof of international travel
- If you are flying internationally, you must provide a flight receipt or an itinerary. If you are traveling by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean, you can provide a hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance.
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (Exact amount only- no change provided)
- Bank Draft or Money order
- If you are applying for a child under 16, both parents and child must be present to apply. You must submit documentation that shows parental relationship to that of the child applying for a passport. See Children Under 16 for a full list of requirements and documents.
*The agency accepts all forms for first-time and renewal customers. Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency.
To make an appointment, you must call 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY). Se habla español. Be sure to keep track of the appointment confirmation number and the check-in instructions you will receive by email from the National Passport Information Center. You will need this information on the day of your appointment.
- We suggest you arrive 15 minutes early to go through security screening. Weapons, food, and drinks (except water in a sealable bottle) are not allowed.
- Take the elevator to the 13th floor, Suite 1300.
- Check in at the Information Desk. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
Paid parking is available in the One Canal Place parking garage, as well as in several lots nearby.
Last Updated: February 17, 2023