Washington Passport Agency
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this passport agency with proof of international travel. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate international travel.
The Washington Passport Agency is holding a Passport Day on
Saturday, October 1st, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Appointments are not required, but highly recommended.
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of international travel.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within # business). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within # business of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents (including one photo and a front and back photocopy of identification)
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions, Parking Information, and Public Transportation
From Route 50 (points east of Washington, DC):
Take US Route 50 West. It will turn into New York Avenue. After the exit for Interstate I-395 South, take the Maine Ave. exit, merge onto Maine Ave Southwest for approximately 1 minute. Continue onto Independence Ave Southwest, then make a slight right onto 17th St. Southwest, continue for approximately 3 minutes then turn left onto G St. Northwest, continue for about 1 min, then turn left at the second cross street onto 19th ST Northwest. 600 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20006 is on the right.
From Interstate 495 (points north of Washington, DC):
Take 95 South to 495 West. From 495 West take exit 170B to merge onto I-395 North toward Washington for approximately 8 miles. Take exit 8B for Virginia 27/Washington Blvd toward Rosslyn, merge onto S. Washington Blvd entering Washington, DC, then make a slight left toward Arlington Memorial Bridge, turn right onto Arlington Memorial Bridge, then make a slight left toward Lincoln Memorial Circle Northwest. Continue straight onto Lincoln Memorial Circle Northwest, then turn left onto 23rd St. NW, continue towards the traffic circle. At the traffic circle, take the first exit onto Pennsylvania Ave NW, then turn right onto 19th St. NW. 600 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20006 is on the right.
From Route 66 and Route 50 (points west of Washington, DC):
Head east for approximately 1 minute, keep right at the fork, follow signs for E St. and merge onto E Street Expressway, continue for approximately 1 minute, then turn left onto 20th St. Northwest, continue for 2 minutes, turn right onto H St. Northwest, then take the first right onto 19th St. Northwest. 600 19th St., NW, Washington, DC 20006 will be on the right.
From Interstates 95 and 395 (points south of Washington, DC):
Head east on I- 395 North, take exit 6 on the left toward U.S Capitol/C St. Southwest, then turn left onto Washington Ave. Southwest for approximately 50 seconds. Turn left onto C St. Southwest, continue onto 2nd St. Southwest. Turn left to merge onto I-395 South toward Virginia for about 1 minute, take Maine Ave. exit, then merge onto Maine Ave Southwest. Make a slight right onto 17th St. Southwest, continue for about 3 minutes, turn left onto G St. Northwest, then turn left at the second cross street onto 19th St. Northwest. 600 19th St. NW, Washington, DC 20006 is on the right.
Metered parking and parking garages are available near the agency.
Take the Red Line to Farragut North or the Blue or Orange Line to Farragut West.
Washington Passport Agency
600 19th Street, N.W.
First Floor, Sidewalk Level
Washington, DC 20006
U.S. Department of State
Washington Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1192
Sterling, VA 20166-1192
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays