Seattle Passport Agency
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this agency with proof of international travel. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate international travel.
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Se habla español. 1-877-487-2778, 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within # business). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within # business of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents (including one photo and a front and back photocopy of identification)
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Take the elevator to the 6th floor, Suite 600.
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions, Parking Information and Public Transportation
From the South, including Sea-Tac Airport:
Follow the signs to Seattle and I-5. Take I-5 North into downtown Seattle and take Exit 164A (multiple streets) and take the James Street exit one, keeping to the left. Turn left at James Street (west towards the water) to 5th Avenue (approximately 2 blocks) and make a left turn. The Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your left. Travel time is approximately 20 minutes from the airport.
From the North:
Take I-5 South to the James Street. (Exit 165A). Exit downtown. Merge onto 6th Avenue and turn right onto James Street. Keep to the left and turn left on 5th Avenue. Then travel two blocks, the Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your left.
From the East:
Take I-90 to I-5 North. Exit at James Street. (Exit 165), keep to the left. Take James Street West (towards the water) to 5th Avenue (approximately 2 blocks) and make a left turn. Then travel two blocks, the Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your left.
From the West via ferry:
From the ferry terminal (Coleman Dock) drive east (uphill) on Marion Street to 5th Avenue and make a right turn. Travel south on 5th Avenue for five blocks. The Fifth and Yesler Building is on your left (just before the Yesler St. overpass).
There are parking garages and lots located in several locations around the building. Some meter street parking is also available.
Using (LINK) Central Link Light Rail from Sea-Tac Airport to Seattle
The Sound Transit Central Link light rail serves Sea-Tac Airport and downtown Seattle; there are 9 stops between the airport and the Chinatown/International District Station stop in downtown Seattle, about four blocks from the Seattle Passport Agency. The trip from the airport to downtown Seattle takes about 30 minutes.
The airport's light rail station is connected to the fourth floor of the main parking garage at the airport. To reach it from the main terminal and ticket counters, walk across the covered bridge to the garage and follow the pedestrian walkway through the garage (to your left as you cross the bridge). Please note that you cannot purchase tickets once on board the train. You may purchase a ticket from the ticket vending machine on the Link train platform.
Upon exiting the International District/Chinatown Station, walk North on Fifth Avenue for four blocks. The Fifth and Yesler Building will be on your right immediately after the Yesler street overpass.
Seattle Passport Agency
Fifth and Yesler Building
300 5th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98104
U.S. Department of State
Seattle Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1157
Sterling, VA 20166-1157
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays