Security Alert
May 17, 2024

Worldwide Caution

U.S. Visas


Diversity Visa Program

Submit Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

The principal applicant and all family members applying for a diversity visa program must complete Form DS-260. You will need to enter your DV case number into the online DS-260 form to access and update the information about yourself and your family that you included in your DV entry.

If your family circumstances have changed after you entered the Diversity Visa program, for example, if you married or had a child, you will need to add your new family members to your case. (“Family member” refers to a spouse and/or unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the DV program.) You will need to upload a document to prove your relationship to the family member being added when adding family members to your case.

Important note: Failure to include an existing spouse or children on your original entry form may make you, as well as any of your family members, ineligible for a diversity visa. Similarly, listing a spouse or child on your original entry form who was not actually your spouse or child, may make you, as well as any of your family members, ineligible for a diversity visa. As indicated in the prior paragraph, if your family circumstances legitimately changed after submitting your original entry, you should add those family members and all family members’ applications will be reviewed. For more information, see the DV Instructions.

On the Sign and Submit page of the DS-260, you will need to re-enter your DV case number without the zeros (e.g. if the case number is 2023AF0000012345, enter ‘2023AF12345’). Entering the full case number with zeros will generate a validation error.

After submitting the Form DS-260 online, print the confirmation page. You must bring the confirmation page to your visa interview.

Please be aware that KCC can only tell you if your form has been processed. KCC cannot tell you if you or your family members are eligible for diversity visas. Only the consular officer who interviews you can make that decision.

Contacting KCC: If you need to contact the KCC, always include your name, birthdate, and case number exactly as they appear in the Entrant Status Check (ESC) in your e-mail. Please write your case number in the upper right hand corner of your e-mail or in the subject line. KCC only receives inquiries by email. Do not mail paper documents or correspondence to the Kentucky Consular Center. KCC will destroy all paper documents or correspondence received. The KCC e-mail address for Diversity Visa inquiries is