There is a processing fee for a DS-3035 Application for Recommendation of a J-1 Waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement. This fee is US $120.00 and non-refundable.
You must submit a check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State. It must include the following:
- Your waiver case number, if known;
- Your full name;
- Your date and place of birth.
Important Information about Fee Payment
- Your check or money order must come from a bank or other institution in the United States. It must be in U.S. currency and payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- If you are outside the United States, you may pay the fee with a bank international money order or a foreign draft from an institution in the United States. It must be in U.S. currency and payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Submit your check or money order with your waiver application, which is in Step 2 of the Instructions. Do not submit your fee payment without your application. If you do, we will return the fee payment to you, and your application will not be processed.
- There are no extra fees are for any dependent J-2 spouse or children included on your application.