Filing Immigrant Petitions Outside the United States

While most immigrant visa petitions are filed in the United States, there are limited provisions for filing certain types of petition forms outside the United States.

Filing Routine Form I-130 Petitions

Petitioners residing outside of the United States may file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, online at or by mail to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox at one of the addresses below.

USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

Attn: I-130
P.O. Box 650264
Dallas, TX 75265

For FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries:

Attn: I-130
2501 S. State Hwy, 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

For additional information about how to file a Form I-130 with the USCIS Dallas Lockbox, please visit the USCIS website or call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283.

Filing Form I-130 Petitions in Exceptional Situations

Petitioners may also request to file at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in certain limited circumstances, as described in USCIS Policy Manual, Volume 6, Part B, Chapter 3, and only if filing for immediate relatives (spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21, or parent if the petitioner is 21 years of age or older).

Petitioners who believe that their situation merits an exception to routine filing directly with USCIS may contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to request acceptance for filing overseas. Each request for an exception will be evaluated individually.

If your request to file an I-130 petition with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate is denied, then you must file the petition online or by mail to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox.

U.S. Citizens Residing in the United Kingdom or Ghana

The USCIS offices in the United Kingdom and Ghana will continue to accept and adjudicate Forms I-130 until March 31, 2020 for U.S. citizens residing in the United Kingdom and Ghana. For these cases, petitioners do not need to establish exceptional circumstances.

I-360 and I-600 Petitions

U.S. Embassies and Consulates may accept these petitions:

Review the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website responsible for the consular district where you reside for more information.

A visa applicant, for whom a petition is filed with a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, must be able to remain in the country where the embassy or consulate is located for the duration of time it takes to process the visa application.