Passport Vital Records IDs
When you request a vital record from Passport Services, you must submit a legible copy of your photo ID.
- State issued driver’s license
- Non-driver photo ID
- Military ID
- Veterans Affairs ID
- Prison ID
Acceptable IDs in Combination
Please submit one ID from the first column, two IDs from the second column, and the statement in the third column.
|Pick One||Pick Two||Statement|
||I declare that I do not have a valid state or government issued photo ID and I am presenting two additional documents.|
What if I don't have any of these IDs?
If you do not have a valid ID, someone may make the request on your behalf. They must be a family member or friend who has known you for five years. They must present:
- Your written authorization. For example, I hereby authorize John Doe to request my replacement Consular Report of Birth Abroad on my behalf.
- This statement needs to be signed by you and the person requesting on your behalf.
- This statement needs to be notarized.
- A copy of valid photo ID of the person requesting on your behalf.
- A statement from the person who is requesting on your behalf that verifies who you are.