Requesting a Vital Record as a U.S. Citizen

Vital Records Office Operations in Response to COVID-19

We are working aggressively to address all pending requests. You should expect delays for pending and recently submitted requests to the Vital Records Office due to public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

You may check the status of your request by emailing or by calling 202-485-8300

Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Photo of Consular Report of Birth Abroad

As a U.S. citizen, you can request overseas birth, death, and marriage records from our Vital Records Office including a: