Suriname Travel Advisory

Travel Advisory
June 17, 2021

Suriname - Level 4: Do Not Travel


Do not travel to Suriname due to COVID-19.

Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.  

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Suriname due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC's specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Suriname. Commercial transportation to/from Suriname is not available or only sporadically available. It may be difficult to enter or leave Suriname and travelers should expect delays entering Suriname and/or returning to the United States. Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Suriname.

Read the country information page.

If you decide to travel to Suriname:

Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.


Travel Advisory Levels

Information for Vaccinated Travelers

The CDC's latest guidance on international travel for vaccinated people can be found here.

Assistance for U.S. Citizens

U.S. Embassy Paramaribo
Kristalstaat 165
Paramaribo, Suriname
(597) 556-700
(597) 710-1112
(597) 551-524

Suriname Map