Reissued with obsolete COVID-19 page links removed.
Exercise increased caution in Serbia due to crime.
Country Summary: Violence associated with organized crime and high-profile sporting events in Serbia is common.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Serbia.
If you decide to travel to Serbia:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as expensive watches or jewelry.
- Do not answer your door at your hotel/residence unless you know who it is.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners.
- Be extra vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa (if applicable) and leave the original in your hotel safe.
- Provide your itinerary to a family member or friend.
- Monitor local media.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Serbia.
- Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.