Do not travel to Serbia due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to crime.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Serbia due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in country.
Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Serbia.
Additionally, exercise increased caution in Serbia due to crime.
Violence associated with organized crime and high-profile sporting events in Serbia is common.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Serbia:
- See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as expensive watches or jewelry.
- Do not answer your door at your hotel/residence unless you know who it is.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners.
- Be extra vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa (if applicable) and leave the original in your hotel safe.
- Provide your itinerary to a family member or friend.
- Monitor local media.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Serbia.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 and crime information.