Reconsider travel to Micronesia due to COVID-19-related travel restrictions.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for Micronesia for COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Micronesia. Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Micronesia.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the FSM:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Visit the FSM government website if appropriate for non-health conditions.
- Visit the websites for the Department of Health and Social Services for the latest information from the Government of the Federated States of Micronesia on current public health concerns.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for the FSM.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.