Reissued with updates to health information.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Micronesia.
If you decide to travel to Micronesia:
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Visit the Micronesia government website if appropriate for non-health conditions.
- Visit the websites for the Department of Health and Social Services for the latest information from the Government of Micronesia on current public health concerns.
- Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Micronesia.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.