Exercise normal precautions in Barbados. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Barbados:
- Do not travel to the following areas due to crime:
- Crab Hill, St. Lucy
- Ivy, St. Michael
- Nelson Street, Bridgetown (at night)
- Wellington Street, Bridgetown (at night)
- Jolly Roger and Buccaneer Cruises (at night)
- Exercise increased caution in the following areas due to crime:
- Black Rock
- Carrington Village
- Green Fields
- New Orleans
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Barbados.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to areas of increased risk.