CSI Repository

CSI Country Catalog

Cayman Islands

Country Name: Cayman Islands
Official Country Name: Cayman Islands
Country Code 2-Letters: KY
Country Code 3-Letters: CYM
Street: 142 Old Hope Road Kingston 6 Jamaica, West Indies
Fact sheet: https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2032.htm
  • International Travel
  • Child Abductions
  • Intercountry Adoptions
  • Consular Notification
  • U.S. Visas
  • Contact
  • Quick Facts
  • Embassies and Consulates
  • Destination Description
  • Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements
  • Safety and Security
  • Local Laws & Special Circumstances
  • Health
  • Travel & Transportation
Embassy Name: U.S. Embassy Kingston
Street Address: 142 Old Hope Road
Kingston 6
Jamaica, West Indies
Phone: +(876) 702-6000
Emergency Phone: +(876) 702-6000
Fax: +(876) 702-6018
Email: KingstonACS@state.gov
Web: https://jm.usembassy.gov/

Embassy Messages


Country Map

Quick Facts
Passport Validity:

Must be valid at the time of entry and exit

Blank Passport Pages:

One page required for entry stamp

Tourist Visa Required:

None required


None required

Currency Restrictions for Entry:


Currency Restrictions for Exit:


Embassies and Consulates

U.S. Embassy Kingston

142 Old Hope Road
Kingston 6
Jamaica, West Indies
+(876) 702-6000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(876) 702-6000
Fax: +(876) 702-6018


Physical Address:

U.S. Consular Agency - Cayman Islands
202B Smith Road Center
150 Smith Road
George Town, Cyman Islands
+(345) 945-8173
Fax: +(345) 945-8192

Mailing Address:

U.S. Consular Agency
P.O. Box 12204
George Town, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands. BWI
Telephone: +(345) 945-8173
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: Please contact the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica: +(876) 702-6000

There is a part-time Consular Agent in the Cayman Islands. For routine assistance please contact the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica.

Destination Description

See the Department of State’s Fact Sheet on the United Kingdom for information on U.S. – Cayman Islands relations. 

Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements

U.S. citizens traveling to the Cayman Islands for work must obtain a work permit from the Department of Immigration of the Cayman Islands, telephone (345) 949-8344. Visit or call the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism offices in Miami at (305) 599-9033, New York (212) 889-9009, Houston (713) 461-1317 or Chicago (630) 705-0650 for the most current visa information. 

Exit Information:

There is a departure tax for travelers age 12 and older, which is included in airfare.

Immunization Requirements: Visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Health Information for Travelers to Cayman Islands (U.K.) page for more information.

HIV/AIDS restrictions: The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to or foreign residents of the Cayman Islands.

Find information on dual nationality, prevention of international child abduction, and customs information on our websites. 

Safety and Security

The Cayman Islands are a safe place with little criminal activity affecting tourists. 

Crime: Crime of opportunity such as pick-pocketing and purse snatchings occasionally occur. Police in the Cayman Islands enforce laws against illegal drugs, guns and ammunition.

See the Department of State and the FBI pages for information on scams.

Victims of Crime: Report crimes to the local police at 911 (the local equivalent of “911” in the U.S.) and contact the U.S. Embassy at +1-876-702-6000.

Remember that local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting the crime.

See our webpage on help for U.S. victims of crime overseas.

These are some of the things the Embassy can do for you as a crime victim:

  • help you find appropriate medical care
  • assist you in reporting a crime to the police
  • contact relatives or friends with your written consent
  • explain the local criminal justice process in general terms
  • provide a list of local attorneys
  • provide our information on victim’s compensation programs in the U.S.
  • provide an emergency loan for repatriation to the United States and/or limited medical support in cases of destitution
  • help you find accommodation and arrange flights home
  • replace a stolen or lost passport

Domestic Violence: U.S. citizen victims of domestic violence may contact the Embassy for assistance. If you are in immediate danger, first contact the local police at 911.

For further information:

Local Laws & Special Circumstances

Criminal Penalties: You are subject to the laws of the Cayman Islands while you are here. If you violate local laws, even unknowingly, you may be deported, arrested, or imprisoned. 

Furthermore, some laws are also prosecutable in the United States, regardless of local law. For examples, see our website on crimes against minors abroad and the Department of Justice website.

Arrest Notification: If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy immediately. See our webpage for further information.

Common reasons for arrest include:

  • Carrying ammunition and firearms into the Cayman Islands. (Even a single bullet inadvertently loose in a carry-on bag can lead to arrest.)
  • Driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants.
  • Buying, selling, holding or taking illegal drugs under any circumstances.

Firearms: You are strictly forbidden to import or possess firearms in the Cayman Islands.

  • A Conceal Carry Permit, employment by a police agency, or service in U.S. Armed Forces does NOT allow you to bring a firearm or ammunition into the Cayman Islands.
  • If you travel with firearms, firearm components & parts and/or ammunition to the Cayman Islands, you will be arrested and referred to the local courts for prosecution which will result in a substantial fine and/or incarceration for an unspecified amount of time.

Customs: Please see the Cayman Islands Customs portal for comprehensive customs information.

Common prohibited items are as follows:

  • Importing: Firearms, ammunition, spear guns, pole spears, Hawaiian slings, plants and plant cuttings, raw fruits and vegetables.
  • Exporting or transshipping: sea turtle products.

Faith-Based Travelers: See the Department of State’s International Religious Freedom Report.

LGBTI Travelers: There are no legal restrictions on same-sex sexual relations or the organization of LGBTI events in the Cayman Islands.

See our LGBTI Travel Information page and section 6 of our Human Rights report for further details.

Travelers Who Require Accessibility Assistance: While in the Cayman Islands, individuals with disabilities may find accessibility and accommodation very different from what you find in the United States.

  • The Cayman Islands lack comprehensive disability legislation, and, while many hotels and resorts are well-equipped for disabled guests, other tourist facilities, such as the airport and the cruise ship dock, are much less so.

Students: See our Students Abroad page and FBI travel tips.

Women Travelers: See the State Department’s travel tips for Women Travelers.


Medical Care: The quality of medical care in the Cayman Islands is generally comparable to that available in the United States, but some procedures and cases requiring critical care may require medical evacuation to the United States. Doctors and hospitals often expect immediate payment for health services.

Medical Insurance: Make sure your health insurance plan provides coverage overseas. Most care providers overseas only accept cash payments. See our webpage for more information on insurance providers for overseas coverage

We strongly recommend supplemental insurance (our webpage) to cover medical evacuation.

Carry prescription medication in original packaging, along with your doctor’s prescription. 

We do not pay medical bills. Be aware that U.S. Medicare does not apply overseas. 

Snorkeling/SCUBA Diving: Each year, U.S. citizens drown or suffer cardiac arrest while snorkeling or SCUBA diving in the Cayman Islands. Remember:

Be honest with your instructor or the dive shop if you have a pre-existing medical condition that could be exacerbated when snorkeling or diving; and

Check that a hyperbaric chamber is available for treatment of decompression illness.

Emergency Services: Emergency response services are available in the Cayman Islands.

The following diseases are prevalent: Zika Virus, Chikungunya, Dengue Fever

Zika virus is a mosquito-borne illness that can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby, as well as through sexual contact. The CDC has concluded that the Zika virus is a cause of microcephaly and other severe fetal brain defects in some fetuses and babies born to infected mothers. Zika outbreaks have been reported on Curacao. For additional information about Zika, including travel advisories, visit the CDC website.

Chikunguya and Dengue are mosquito-borne illnesses that are becoming more frequent in tropical and equatorial climates around the world. Preventing mosquito bites is the most important way to prevent these illnesses. Travelers should carry and use CDC recommended insect repellents.

Vaccinations: Be up-to-date on all vaccinations recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Further health information:

Travel & Transportation

Road Conditions and Safety: Vehicles in the Cayman Islands travel on the left-hand side of the road.

Traffic Laws: You must obtain a temporary driver’s license at a car rental agency or police station by presenting a valid U.S. driver’s license and paying a small fee.

  • Traffic circles (“roundabouts”) are often poorly marked and require traffic to move in a clockwise direction;
  • Motorists entering a roundabout must yield to those already in it;
  • All passengers are required to wear seat belts; and
  • Laws against driving while intoxicated are strictly enforced, with a legal maximum blood alcohol level set at 100 milligrams per 100 milliliters of blood (equivalent to a .10 blood/alcohol level in the United States).

See our Road Safety page for more information. Visit the website of the Cayman Islands National Roads Authority.

Aviation Safety Oversight: The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has assessed the Cayman Islands’ Civil Aviation Authority as being in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aviation safety standards for oversight of the Cayman Islands’ air carrier operations. Further information may be found on the FAA’s safety assessment page.

Foreign Consular Office Contact Information
Use Style in the Text Component to tag city names and to tag phone numbers, fax numbers, and emails with the respective Style icon.

Enter text here

  • General Information
  • Hague Abduction Convention
  • Return
  • Visitation/Access
  • Retaining an Attorney
  • Mediation
Hague Questions | Learn More Links
Party to the Hague Abduction Convention? Yes
U.S. Treaty Partner under the Hague Abduction Convention? Yes
Learn why the Hague Abduction Convention Matters: /content/travel/en/International-Parental-Child-Abduction/for-providers/laws/important-feat-hague-abdtn-conv.html

General Information

The Cayman Islands are British Overseas Territories of the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom extended the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention) to the Cayman Islands on May 8, 1998.  The Cayman Islands and the United States have been treaty partners under the Hague Abduction Convention since August 1, 1998.

For information concerning travel to the Cayman Islands, including information about the location of the U.S. Embassy, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, entry/exit requirements, safety and security, crime, medical facilities and health information, traffic safety, road conditions and aviation safety, please see country-specific information for the Cayman Islands.

The U.S. Department of State reports statistics and compliance information for individual countries in the Annual Report on International Parental Child Abduction (IPCA).  The report is located here.

Hague Abduction Convention

The U.S. Department of State serves as the U.S. Central Authority (USCA) for the Hague Abduction Convention.  In this capacity, the Department’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, Directorate for Overseas Citizens Services, Office of Children’s Issues facilitates the submission of applications under the Hague Abduction Convention for the return of, or access to, children located in countries that are U.S. treaty partners, including the Cayman Islands.  Parents are strongly encouraged to contact the Department of State for assistance prior to initiating the Hague process directly with the foreign Central Authority.

Contact information:

United States Department of State
Bureau of Consular Affairs
SA-17, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20522-1709
Telephone:  1-888-407-4747
Outside the United States or Canada: 1-202-501-4444
Website: travel.state.gov

The Cayman Islands Central Authority (CICA) for the Hague Abduction Convention is the Attorney General's Office.  The CICA performs the duties given to central authorities under the Hague Abduction Convention, including processing Hague Abduction Convention applications for return of and access to children.  They can be reached at:

Attorney General's Chambers
Solicitor General's Office
DMS House
20 Genesis Close
George Town, Grand Cayman
P.O. Box 907Bermuda
Cayman Islands

Contact: Suzanne Bothwell
Telephone: (345) 946-0022
Fax: (345) 946-0019

To initiate a Hague case for return of, or access to, a child in the Cayman Islands, the left behind parent may submit a Hague application to the Cayman Islands Central Authority (CICA), either directly or through the U.S. Central Authority (USCA).  The USCA is available to answer questions about the Hague application process, to forward a completed application to the CICA, and to subsequently monitor its progress through the foreign administrative and legal processes. 

There are no fees for filing Hague applications with either the United States or Cayman Islands central authorities.  Attorney fees, if necessary, are the sole responsibility of the person hiring the attorney.  Additional costs may include airplane tickets for court appearances and for the return of the child, if so ordered.


A parent or legal guardian may file an application under the Hague Abduction Convention for return to the United States of a child abducted to or wrongfully retained in the Cayman Islands.  The U.S. Department of State can assist parents living in the United States to understand whether the Convention is an available civil remedy and can provide information on the process for submitting a Hague application.


A person may file an application under the Hague Abduction Convention for access to a child living in the Cayman Islands.  The criteria for acceptance of a Hague access application vary from country to country.  The U.S. Department of State can assist parents living in the United States to understand country-specific criteria and provide information on the process for submitting a Hague application.

Retaining an Attorney

Each applicant will be required to obtain a private attorney, at his or her own expense, to follow up on the case, advocate before the court, and provide legal advice based on the individual circumstances. The Cayman Islands Central Authority (CICA) will provide assistance to applicants in sourcing attorneys. If financial assistance is needed, the attorney will make an application for public funding to meet the applicant’s legal costs.  The attorney will then file the case with the Grand Court. A privately-hired attorney should contact the CICA as soon as possible after the Hague Abduction Convention application has been filed with the court.

The U.S. Consular Agency in George Town – Grand, Cayman Islands posts a list of attorneys including those who specialize in family law.

This list is provided as a courtesy service only and does not constitute an endorsement of any individual attorney. The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the following persons or firms.  Professional credentials and areas of expertise are provided directly by the lawyers.


Currently, the Cayman Islands Central Authority (CICA) does not offer mediation services. While the CICA promotes and encourages mediation between the parties with a view to a voluntary resolution, all such mediation services are conducted privately at the expense of the parties involved.

  • Hague
  • Hague Convention Information
  • U.S. Immigration Requirements
  • Who Can Adopt
  • Who Can Be Adopted
  • How To Adopt
  • Traveling Abroad
  • After Adoption
  • Contact Information
Hague Questions
Hague Adoption Convention Country? enter text here
Are Intercountry Adoptions between this country and the United States possible? enter text here
Is this country a U.S. Hague Partner? enter text here
Hague Convention Information

enter text here

U.S. Immigration Requirements For Intercountry Adoptions

To bring an adopted child to the United States from [Country], you must meet certain suitability and eligibility requirements. USCIS determines who is suitable and eligible to adopt a child from another country and bring that child to live in the United States under U.S. immigration law.

Additionally, a child must meet the definition of an orphan under U.S. immigration law in order to be eligible to immigrate to the United States with an IR-3 or IR-4 immigrant visa.

Who Can Adopt

enter text here

Who Can Be Adopted

enter text here

How To Adopt

enter text here

Traveling Abroad

enter text here

After Adoption

enter text here

Contact Information

enter text here

  • Visa Classifications
  • General Documents | Birth, Death, Burial Certificates | Marriage, Divorce Certificates
  • Adoption Certificates | Identity Card | Police, Court, Prison Records | Military Records
  • Passports & Other Travel Documents | Other Records | Visa Issuing Posts | Visa Services
Visa Classifications

Fee Number
of Entries
A-1 None Multiple 60 Months
A-2 None Multiple 60 Months
A-3 1 None Multiple 24 Months
B-1 None Multiple 120 Months
B-2 None Multiple 120 Months
B-1/B-2 None Multiple 120 Months
C-1 None Multiple 60 Months
C-1/D None Multiple 60 Months
C-2 None Multiple 12 Months
C-3 None Multiple 60 Months
CW-1 11 None Multiple 12 Months
CW-2 11 None Multiple 12 Months
D None Multiple 60 Months
E-1 2 No Treaty N/A N/A
E-2 2 No Treaty N/A N/A
E-2C 12 None Multiple 24 Months
F-1 None Multiple 60 Months
F-2 None Multiple 60 Months
G-1 None Multiple 60 Months
G-2 None Multiple 60 Months
G-3 None Multiple 60 Months
G-4 None Multiple 60 Months
G-5 1 None Multiple 24 Months
H-1B None Multiple 60 Months
H-1C None Multiple 60 Months
H-2A None N/A N/A3
H-2B None N/A N/A3
H-2R None Multiple 60 Months
H-3 None Multiple 60 Months
H-4 None Multiple 60 Months
I None Multiple 60 Months
J-1 4 None Multiple 60 Months
J-2 4 None Multiple 60 Months
K-1 None One 6 Months
K-2 None One 6 Months
K-3 None Multiple 24 Months
K-4 None Multiple 24 Months
L-1 None Multiple 60 Months
L-2 None Multiple 60 Months
M-1 None Multiple 60 Months
M-2 None Multiple 60 Months
N-8 None Multiple 60 Months
N-9 None Multiple 60 Months
NATO 1-7 N/A N/A N/A
O-1 None Multiple 60 Months
O-2 None Multiple 60 Months
O-3 None Multiple 60 Months
P-1 None Multiple 60 Months
P-2 None Multiple 60 Months
P-3 None Multiple 60 Months
P-4 None Multiple 60 Months
Q-1 6 None Multiple 15 Months
R-1 None Multiple 60 Months
R-2 None Multiple 60 Months
S-5 7 None One 1 Month
S-6 7 None One 1 Month
S-7 7 None One 1 Month
T-1 9 N/A N/A N/A
T-2 None One 6 Months
T-3 None One 6 Months
T-4 None One 6 Months
T-5 None One 6 Months
T-6 None One 6 Months
TD 5 N/A N/A N/A
U-1 None Multiple 48 Months
U-2 None Multiple 48 Months
U-3 None Multiple 48 Months
U-4 None Multiple 48 Months
U-5 None Multiple 48 Months
V-1 None Multiple 120 Months
V-2 None Multiple 120 Months 8
V-3 None Multiple 120 Months 8

Country Specific Footnotes

Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply if you believe this information is in error or if you have further questions.

Visa Category Footnotes

  1. The validity of A-3, G-5, and NATO 7 visas may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the person who is employing the applicant. The "employer" would have one of the following visa classifications:

    • A-1
    • A-2
    • G-1 through G-4
    • NATO 1 through NATO 6

  2. An E-1 and E-2 visa may be issued only to a principal alien who is a national of a country having a treaty, or its equivalent, with the United States. E-1 and E-2 visas may not be issued to a principal alien if he/she is a stateless resident. The spouse and children of an E-1 or E-2 principal alien are accorded derivative E-1 or E-2 status following the reciprocity schedule, including any reciprocity fees, of the principle alien’s country of nationality.  

    Example: John Doe is a national of the country of Z that has an E-1/E-2 treaty with the U.S. His wife and child are nationals of the country of Y which has no treaty with the U.S. The wife and child would, therefore, be entitled to derivative status and receive the same reciprocity as Mr. Doe, the principal visa holder.  

  3. The validity of H-1 through H-3, O-1 and O-2, P-1 through P-3, and Q visas may not exceed the period of validity of the approved petition or the number of months shown, whichever is less.

    Under 8 CFR §214.2, H-2A and H-2B petitions may generally only be approved for nationals of countries that the Secretary of Homeland Security has designated as participating countries. The current list of eligible countries is available on USCIS's website for both H-2A and H-2B visas. Nationals of countries not on this list may be the beneficiary of an approved H-2A or H2-B petition in limited circumstances at the discretion of the Department of Homeland Security if specifically named on the petition.  

    Derivative H-4, L-2, O-3, and P-4 visas, issued to accompanying or following-to-join spouses and children, may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the principal alien.

  4. There is no reciprocity fee for the issuance of a J visa if the alien is a United States Government grantee or a participant in an exchange program sponsored by the United States Government.

    Also, there is no reciprocity fee for visa issuance to an accompanying or following-to-join spouse or child (J-2) of an exchange visitor grantee or participant.

    In addition, an applicant is eligible for an exemption from the MRV fee if he or she is participating in a State Department, USAID, or other federally funded educational and cultural exchange program (program serial numbers G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-7).

    However, all other applicants with U.S. Government sponsorships, including other J-visa applicants, are subject to the MRV processing fee.

  5. Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canadian and Mexican nationals coming to engage in certain types of professional employment in the United States may be admitted in a special nonimmigrant category known as the "trade NAFTA" or "TN" category. Their dependents (spouse and children) accompanying or following to join them may be admitted in the "trade dependent" or "TD" category whether or not they possess Canadian or Mexican nationality. Except as noted below, the number of entries, fees and validity for non-Canadian or non-Mexican family members of a TN status holder seeking TD visas should be based on the reciprocity schedule of the TN principal alien.

    Canadian Nationals

    Since Canadian nationals generally are exempt from visa requirement, a Canadian "TN' or "TD" alien does not require a visa to enter the United States. However, the non-Canadian national dependent of a Canadian "TN", unless otherwise exempt from the visa requirement, must obtain a "TD" visa before attempting to enter the United States. The standard reciprocity fee and validity period for all non-Canadian "TD"s is no fee, issued for multiple entries for a period of 36 months, or for the duration of the principal alien's visa and/or authorized period of stay, whichever is less. See 'NOTE' under Canadian reciprocity schedule regarding applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality.

    Mexican Nationals

    Mexican nationals are not visa-exempt. Therefore, all Mexican "TN"s and both Mexican and non-Mexican national "TD"s accompanying or following to join them who are not otherwise exempt from the visa requirement (e.g., the Canadian spouse of a Mexican national "TN") must obtain nonimmigrant visas.

    Applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality, who have a permanent resident or refugee status in Canada/Mexico, may not be accorded Canadian/Mexican reciprocity, even when applying in Canada/Mexico. The reciprocity fee and period for "TD" applicants from Libya is $10.00 for one entry over a period of 3 months. The Iranian and Iraqi "TD" is no fee with one entry over a period of 3 months.

  6. Q-2 (principal) and Q-3 (dependent) visa categories are in existence as a result of the 'Irish Peace Process Cultural and Training Program Act of 1998'. However, because the Department anticipates that virtually all applicants for this special program will be either Irish or U.K. nationals, the Q-2 and Q-3 categories have been placed only in the reciprocity schedules for those two countries. Q-2 and Q-3 visas are available only at the Embassy in Dublin and the Consulate General in Belfast.

  7. No S visa may be issued without first obtaining the Department's authorization.

  8. V-2 and V-3 status is limited to persons who have not yet attained their 21st birthday. Accordingly, the period of validity of a V-2 or V-3 visa must be limited to expire on or before the applicant's twenty-first birthday.

  9. Posts may not issue a T-1 visa. A T-1 applicant must be physically present in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands or a U.S. port of entry, where he/she will apply for an adjustment of status to that of a T-1. The following dependents of a T-1 visa holder, however, may be issued a T visa at a U.S. consular office abroad:

    • T-2 (spouse)
    • T-3 (child)
    • T-4 (parent)
  10. The validity of NATO-5 visas may not exceed the period of validity of the employment contract or 12 months, whichever is less.

  11. The validity of CW-1 and CW-2 visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (12 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.

  12. The validity of E-2C visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (24 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.



General Documents | Birth, Death, Burial Certificates | Marriage, Divorce Certificates
General Documents

Please check back for update.

Birth, Death, Burial Certificates


Available. Should be requested from the Assistant Registrar General, Grand Cayman.. Applicants should include his/her full name, date and place of birth, father's name, and mother's maiden name. There may be a fee for this service. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE Available. Should be requested from the Assistant Registrar General, Grand Cayman. Applicants should state the full names of both parties, dates of birth, and date and place of marriage. There may be a fee for this service.


Available. Should be requested from the Assistant Registrar General, Grand Cayman. Applicants should include the full name of the deceased, date and place of birth, and date and place of death. There may be a fee for this service.

Marriage, Divorce Certificates




Available. Should be requested from the Assistant Registrar General, Grand Cayman. Applicants should include full names, dates and places of birth, father's name and mother's maiden name, date and place of marriage and date of the divorce decree. There may be a fee for this service.

Adoption Certificates | Identity Card | Police, Court, Prison Records | Military Records
Adoption Certificates


Identity Card


Police, Court, Prison Records

Police Records

Available. Should be requested from the Clerk of Court, Courts Office, Grand Cayman. When requesting police certificates, applicants should send the following documents to the address below. Fingerprints are not required in normal cases.

  1. A copy of the applicant's passport. (Page with picture, passport number, name etc.) Please note the each page must be notarized.
  2. Copies of all work permits stamped in the applicant's passport while working in the Cayman Islands. (Note: if the passport that the work permit is stamped in has been cancelled the applicant will need to send a copy of the cancelled passport along with a copy of the new passport).
  3. A completed application form (attached)
  4. A bank draft made out to the Cayman Islands Government in the amount of US$18.50. (per person)
  5. Copy of the applicant's entry and exit stamps for the Cayman Islands (date the applicant arrived in the Cayman Islands and the date the applicant departed will be affixed to the Police Clearance).

These documents can be sent via mail or preferred courier service. If the documents are to be returned via the same courier service, please send the package prepaid; if not, it will be sent by regular post.

Please note that the length of stay on the Island will now be reflected on the certificates issued once the applicant has left the jurisdiction.

A response to an application will be returned within 5-7 working days following receipt. The office is opened Mondays to Fridays and closed on all locally recognized Public Holidays.

Mailing address:

Criminal Records Office
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
P.O. Box 909
Grand Cayman

Physical address:

Criminal Records Office
Royal Cayman Islands Police Service
69A Elgin Avenue
George Town
Grand Cayman

Court Records


Prison Records


Military Records


Passports & Other Travel Documents | Other Records | Visa Issuing Posts | Visa Services
Passports & Other Travel Documents


Other Records

Not applicable.

Visa Issuing Posts

Kingston, Jamaica (Embassy)

Visa Services

The U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica processes all Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa applications for nationals of the Cayman Islands.