CSI Repository

CSI Country Catalog


Country Name: Curaçao
Official Country Name: Curaçao
Country Code 2-Letters: CW
Country Code 3-Letters: CUW
Street: J.B. Gorsiraweg 1, Willemstad, Curaçao
Fact sheet: https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22528.htm
  • International Travel
  • Child Abductions
  • Intercountry Adoptions
  • Consular Notification
  • U.S. Visas
  • Contact
  • Quick Facts
  • Embassies and Consulates
  • Destination Description
  • Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements
  • Safety and Security
  • Local Laws & Special Circumstances
  • Health
  • Travel & Transportation
Embassy Name: U.S. Consulate General Curaçao
Street Address: J.B. Gorsiraweg 1,
Willemstad, Curaçao
Phone: +(599)(9) 461-3066
Emergency Phone: +(599)(9) 510-6870
Fax: +(599)(9) 461-6489
Email: ACSCuracao@state.gov
Web: https://cw.usconsulate.gov/

Embassy Messages


Country Map

Quick Facts
Passport Validity:

Must be valid for duration of trip. More information on entry requirements may be found here

Blank Passport Pages:

One page required for entry stamp

Tourist Visa Required:




Currency Restrictions for Entry:


Currency Restrictions for Exit:


Embassies and Consulates

U.S. Consulate General Curaçao

J.B. Gorsiraweg 1,
Willemstad, Curaçao

Telephone: +(599)(9) 461-3066

Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(599)(9) 510-6870

Fax: +(599)(9) 461-6489

Destination Description

See the Department of State’s Fact Sheet on Curaçao for information on U.S. - Curaçao relations.

Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements

Upon arrival in Curaçao, you must have: (1) a U.S. passport valid for the duration of your stay; (2) a completed Embarkation and Disembarkation Card (ED-Card); (3) a return or onward ticket; and (4) if requested, proof of sufficient funds to cover accommodations and food during your stay. You can complete the ED-Card on the airplane en route to Curaçao or in advance by using ED-Card Online. U.S. citizens are allowed to stay in Curaçao without a visa or permit for a maximum consecutive period of six months each calendar year. If you want to stay longer than 180 days, or if you want to work, you must apply for a residence permit. If you have already stayed in Curaçao six months and want to reenter the same year, you must apply for a “declaration of admission” upon arrival. For further information, contact the Royal Netherlands Embassy, 4200 Linnean Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008, telephone (202) 244-5300, or the Dutch Consulates in Chicago, Miami, New York, and San Francisco. Visit the website for the Island of Curaçao for the most current visa information.

HIV/AIDS Restrictions: The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to or foreign residents of Curaçao.

Departure Fees: When departing Curaçao, airport departure fees are charged for international destinations. Most airlines include this fee in the ticket price. The most current information can be found on the airport’s website.

Information about dual nationality and the prevention of international child abduction can be found on our website. For further information about customs regulations, please read our customs information page.

Safety and Security

CRIME: Crimes of opportunity, such as pickpockets and purse snatching, particularly at beaches, hotel lobbies, or from cars are common. Accordingly,

  • Be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to secure personal property. 
  • Do not leave valuables in cars in plain view or unattended in unsecured hotel rooms and rental homes. 
  • Car theft is an increasing problem. The parking lot around Mambo Beach Boulevard/Curaçao Beach Boulevard is considered higher-risk for car break-ins.
  • Some beaches charge a fee for access and employ private security, which provides some deterrent to crime. 
  • Keep a copy of your valid U.S. passport in a secure location in case your passport is stolen.

Incidents of violent crime, including rape and armed robbery – although not common – do occur. Exercise caution when visiting more isolated areas of the island. Some thefts and assaults have been reported near nature areas, remote beaches, and small or informal parking areas used by divers.  

Parents of young travelers should be aware that the legal drinking age of 18 is not always enforced, so extra parental supervision may be appropriate.  Travelers should take standard precautions when frequenting nightclubs and bars. Travel in pairs or groups and, if you consume alcohol, do so responsibly. 

Gangs and drug trafficking organizations do operate on the island. Several bystanders were injured during a gang-related homicide at the Hato International Airport in 2014. In response, local authorities stepped up security controls at the airport.

See the Department of State and the FBI pages for information on scams.

Victims of Crime:

Dial 911 for police assistance on Curaçao.

If you or someone you know becomes a victim of crime, you should contact the local police and the U.S. Consulate. Do not rely on hotels, restaurants, or tour companies to make the police report for you. Remember that local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting crimes that occur on Curaçao. 

We can:

  • help you find appropriate medical care
  • assist you in reporting a crime to the police
  • contact relatives or friends with your written consent
  • explain the local criminal justice process in general terms
  • replace a stolen or lost passport
  • provide a list of local attorneys
  • provide information on victim’s compensation programs in the U.S.
  • provide an emergency loan for repatriation to the United States and/or limited medical support in cases of destitution
  • help you find accommodation and arrange flights home

For more information, see our webpage on help for U.S. victims of crime overseas.

Domestic Violence: U.S. citizen victims of domestic violence may contact the Consulate for assistance. If you are in immediate danger, first contact the local police at 911.

For further information:

Local Laws & Special Circumstances

Criminal Penalties: You are subject to local laws. If you violate local laws, even unknowingly, you may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned. 

Furthermore, some offenses committed overseas can be prosecuted in the U.S., regardless of local law. For examples, see our website on crimes against minors abroad and the Department of Justice website.

In Curaçao, laws against possession of controlled substances are enforced rigorously, including against tourists in possession of marijuana for personal use.

Arrest Notification: If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Consulate immediately. See our webpage for further information.

Local law is based on Dutch law, which allows for the detention of subjects during an investigation with the approval of a judge. Persons imprisoned on Curaçao do not have the option of posting bond for their release.

Dual Nationality: Dutch law, in principle, does not permit dual nationality. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For detailed information, contact the The Netherlands Embassy in Washington, DC, or one of the Dutch Consulates in the United States.

Faith-Based Travelers: See the Department of State’s International Religious Freedom Report.

LGBTI Travelers: There are no legal restrictions on same-sex sexual relations or the organization of LGBTI events in Curaçao. See our LGBTI Travel Information page and section 6 of our Human Rights Report for further details.


Travelers Who Require Accessibility Assistance: While on Curaçao, individuals with disabilities may find accessibility and accommodation very different than in the United States. Sidewalks and crossings in many areas are not wheelchair accessible, and many buildings lack ramps.

Students: See our Students Abroad page and FBI travel tips.

Women Travelers: See our travel tips for Women Travelers.


Access to quality medical care is limited on Curaçao, and facilities do not offer the health and service standards typically expected in the United States. 

We do not pay medical bills. Be aware that U.S. Medicare does not apply overseas. 

Medical Insurance: Make sure your health insurance plan provides coverage overseas. Most care providers overseas only accept cash payments. See our webpage for more information on insurance providers for overseas coverage

We strongly recommend supplemental insurance to cover medical evacuation. Critically ill patients requiring service not offered in Curaçao are transferred to Colombia. If medical evacuation is authorized by the patient’s insurance carrier or funded privately (approximately $15,000 – $25,000), patients can be transferred to the United States.   

Medicines: Bring all necessary medications with you. Carry prescription medication in original packaging, along with your doctor’s prescription. The variety of drugs available locally is smaller than in the U.S. Pharmacies (called “boticas”) provide prescription and over-the-counter medicines. For most medicines, you will need a local prescription. Boticas are open only during regular business hours. One botica stays open at night and on weekends according to an on-call schedule. To find out which botica is available after hours, you can call (+5999) 737-7404, visit pharmacies on duty, or check with your hotel.

Curaçao’s medical system is fashioned after the Dutch medical system which emphasizes the use “house doctors”  (or huisarts) as a gateway to more specialized medical care. House doctors are outpatient primary care physicians. They are not required to have completed postgraduate training such as a residency program. Specialists have received training similar to residency programs in the United States. Some surgical specialties, e.g., neurosurgery and cardiac surgery, are not represented on the island. 

There is one hospital in Curaçao, Saint Elisabeth's Hospital (SEHOS), which is located in the Otrobanda quarter. All medical emergencies are brought to SEHOS. It is the only 24-hour emergency care center and offers emergency surgical and medical care. The hospital has a neonatal ICU (NICU), medical ICU (MICU), coronary care unit (CCU), treatment for heart attack and stroke patients, and a hyperbaric chamber for scuba diving injuries. Prehospital transportation and care are provided by an EMS service. For emergency medical assistance, dial 911.   

There is one private health clinic on the island, the Antilles Adventist Hospital, which offers some surgical procedures, radiologic services, and an array of other medical services.

Mental health facilities include outpatient psychiatrists and psychologists for both children and adults, as well as voluntary and involuntary psychiatric inpatient facilities.

Below are phone numbers for health and service providers in Curacao. 

Emergency: 911
EMS: 912
Sint Elisabeth's Hospital (SEHOS): +5999 462-4900
Antilles Adventist Hospital: +5999 737-0611
Klinika Capriles (Mental Health Services): Tel: +5999 737-4700; +5999 737-4022 (emergency)

The following diseases are prevalent: Zika Virus, Chikungunya, Dengue Fever.

Zika virus is a mosquito-borne illness that can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby as well as through sexual contact. The CDC has concluded that the Zika virus is a cause of microcephaly and other severe fetal brain defects in some fetuses and babies born to infected mothers. Zika outbreaks have been reported on Curacao. For additional information about Zika, including travel advisories, visit the CDC website.

Vaccinations: Be up-to-date on all vaccinations recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Further health information:

Travel & Transportation

Road Conditions and Safety: Take extra caution when driving in Curaçao. Proceed through intersections with caution as traffic sings are often hidden or nonexistent.  Roads are extremely slippery when it rains.  Look out for scooters, motorcycles, and ATVs, as drivers of these vehicles do not strictly follow traffic rules. Be alert for speeding cars and drunk drivers. In rural areas, watch out for goats and other animals that cross the road unexpectedly. Night driving is reasonably safe, as long as drivers are familiar with the route and road conditions. Roads are not as well-lit as in the U.S. Driving while intoxicated may result in the loss of a driver’s license, fine, and imprisonment. 

Traffic Laws:

  • You can drive on Curaçao with a valid U.S. driver’s license. 
  • Local laws require drivers and passengers to wear seat belts, and motorcyclists to wear helmets. 
  • Children must ride in the back seat and children under 5 years of age must be in a child safety seat. 
  • At intersections and traffic circles, yield to traffic coming from your right unless signs indicate otherwise. Right-turns at red lights are prohibited. U-turns are often restricted. Traffic signs prohibiting actions have a red circle around them, but not the red slash you expect to see in the United States. At all T-crossings, through-going traffic has priority. The speed limit is 45 km/hour (28 mph) in town and residential areas, and 60-80 km/hour (37-49 mph) outside the city and on the four-lane Ring Road.

If you get into an accident, do not move the vehicle or pull over. Call your rental agency and call Curaçao Road Services at +5999-747-1333 or 199. You may be required to file a police report. In case of car trouble, call Roadside Assistance 24/7 Curaçao at +(599) 9-24-7. Ask your car rental agency for additional instructions in case of an accident.

Public Transportation: Public transportation is limited. There are two bus terminals, one in Punda near the post office at the ‘Waaigat,” and another in Otrobanda near the overpass. Large buses (called ‘Konvooi’) travel limited, longer-distance routes, typically once per hour. Mini-vans and mini-buses bearing the word “BUS” on their registration plates travel shorter routes on main roads. They are inexpensive and run non-stop during the daytime with no fixed schedule. Each minibus has a specific route that is displayed on the front windshield. Taxis are expensive, but generally safe and well-regulated. There are no meters, so passengers should determine the price in advance.

See our Road Safety page for more information. Visit the website of Curaçao’s Tourism Board for more information about transportation.

Watersports Advisory: You should carefully assess the potential risks inherent in recreational water activities and measure your participation in them against your physical capabilities and skills. Never venture out alone, particularly at isolated beaches or far out to sea. Avoid entering the water above your waist if you have been drinking and always be mindful of watercraft traffic in the area. When in doubt, stay out!  

Cliff Jumping and Diving Advisory: Carefully consider the potential risks inherent in cliff jumping and cliff diving. Individuals have suffered serious injuries from engaging in these activities in Curacao.

Aviation Safety Oversight: The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has assessed the Government of Curaçao’s Civil Aviation Authority as not being in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aviation safety standards for oversight of Curaçao’s air carrier operations. Further information may be found on the FAA’s safety assessment page.

The U.S. Consulate has temporarily prohibited U.S. Consulate personnel from flying on Insel Air. The Consulate adopted this policy following an internal review of safety-related considerations.

Foreign Consular Office Contact Information
Use Style in the Text Component to tag city names and to tag phone numbers, fax numbers, and emails with the respective Style icon.

Enter text here

  • General Information
  • Hague Abduction Convention
  • Return
  • Visitation/Access
  • Retaining an Attorney
  • Mediation
Hague Questions | Learn More Links
Party to the Hague Abduction Convention? No
U.S. Treaty Partner under the Hague Abduction Convention? No
Learn why the Hague Abduction Convention Matters: /content/travel/en/International-Parental-Child-Abduction/for-providers/laws/important-feat-hague-abdtn-conv.html

General Information

For information concerning travel to Curaçao, including information about the location of the U.S. Consulate General, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, entry/exit requirements, safety and security, crime, medical facilities and health information, traffic safety, road conditions and aviation safety, please see country-specific information for Curaçao.

The U.S. Department of State reports statistics and compliance information for individual countries in the Annual Report on International Parental Child Abduction (IPCA).  The report is located here.

Hague Abduction Convention

Curaçao is not a signatory to the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention), nor are there any bilateral agreements in force between Curaçao and the United States concerning international parental child abduction.


Legal systems and laws pertaining to custody, divorce, and parental abduction vary widely from country to country. Parents are encouraged to consult with an attorney in Curaçao who can provide accurate legal guidance that is specific to their circumstances. 

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, Directorate for Overseas Citizens Services, Office of Children’s Issues provides assistance in cases of international parental child abduction. For U.S. citizen parents whose children have been wrongfully removed to or retained in countries that are not U.S. partners under the Hague Abduction Convention, the Office of Children’s Issues can provide information and resources about country-specific options for pursuing the return of or access to an abducted child. The Office of Children’s Issues may also coordinate with appropriate foreign and U.S. government authorities about the welfare of abducted U.S. citizen children. Parents are strongly encouraged to contact the Department of State for assistance.

Contact information:

United States Department of State
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Children's Issues
SA-17, 9th Floor
Washington, DC 20522-1709

Telephone:  1-888-407-4747
Outside the United States or Canada: 1-202-501-4444
Website:  childabduction.state.gov
Email: AskCI@state.gov

Child abduction is a criminal offense under the laws of Curaçao. A petition for prosecution can be filed with the Public Prosecutor (Openbaar Ministerie) in Curaçao. The Government of Curaçao does not maintain a website specifically regarding custody, family law and visitation

Parents may wish to consult with an attorney in the United States and in the country to which the child has been removed or retained to learn more about how filing criminal charges may impact a custody case in the foreign court. Please see Possible Solutions - Pressing Criminal Charges for more information.    


Legal systems and laws pertaining to custody, divorce, and parental abduction vary widely from country to country. Parents are encouraged to consult with an attorney in Curaçao who can provide legal guidance that is specific to their circumstances.

The Office of Children’s Issues may be able to assist parents seeking access to children who have been wrongfully removed from or retained outside the United States. Parents who are seeking access to children who were not wrongfully removed from or retained outside the United States should contact the U.S. Consulate General in Curaçao for information and possible assistance.

Retaining an Attorney

Neither the Office of Children’s Issues nor consular officials at the U.S. Consulate General in Curaçao are authorized to provide legal advice.   

Curacao offers free/reduced legal aid services. The person seeking such services may contact the Tax Department (Nieuwe Belastingsorganisatie) at the Regentesselaan z/n, telephone number +(599-9)734-2555 or +(599-9)734-2333. There he/she will get a document that shows proof of financial need. The individual should present that document to the Department of Social Affairs (Sociale Zaken), Schouwburgweg 26.

The U.S. Consulate General in Curaçao posts a list of attorneys here.

This list is provided as a courtesy service only and does not constitute an endorsement of any individual attorney. The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the following persons or firms. Professional credentials and areas of expertise are provided directly by the lawyers.


The Voogdijraad Curacao is the governmental agency that offers mediation services for child custody disputes. The Voogdijraad Curacao is consulted by the Court in case of child custody disputes in order to research the situation of the minor involved and all related custody issues. All costs for official duties performed by the Voogdijraad Curacao are paid by the government of Curacao. Contact details of the Voogdijraad Curacao:

Waaigat 1,
P.O. Box 796
Tel: +(599-9)461-6166

  • Hague
  • Hague Convention Information
  • U.S. Immigration Requirements
  • Who Can Adopt
  • Who Can Be Adopted
  • How To Adopt
  • Traveling Abroad
  • After Adoption
  • Contact Information
Hague Questions
Hague Adoption Convention Country? enter text here
Are Intercountry Adoptions between this country and the United States possible? enter text here
Is this country a U.S. Hague Partner? enter text here
Hague Convention Information

enter text here

U.S. Immigration Requirements For Intercountry Adoptions

To bring an adopted child to the United States from Curacao, you must meet certain suitability and eligibility requirements. USCIS determines who is suitable and eligible to adopt a child from another country and bring that child to live in the United States under U.S. immigration law.

Additionally, a child must meet the definition of an orphan under U.S. immigration law in order to be eligible to immigrate to the United States with an IR-3 or IR-4 immigrant visa.

Who Can Adopt

enter text here

Who Can Be Adopted

enter text here

How To Adopt

enter text here

Traveling Abroad

enter text here

After Adoption

enter text here

Contact Information

enter text here

  • Visa Classifications
  • General Documents | Birth, Death, Burial Certificates | Marriage, Divorce Certificates
  • Adoption Certificates | Identity Card | Police, Court, Prison Records | Military Records
  • Passports & Other Travel Documents | Other Records | Visa Issuing Posts | Visa Services
Visa Classifications

Fee Number
of Entries
A-1 None Multiple 60 Months
A-2 None Multiple 60 Months
A-3 1 None Multiple 12 Months
B-1 None Multiple 120 Months
B-2 None Multiple 120 Months
B-1/B-2 None Multiple 120 Months
C-1 None Multiple 60 Months
C-1/D None Multiple 60 Months
C-2 None Multiple 12 Months
C-3 None Multiple 60 Months
CW-1 11 None Multiple 12 Months
CW-2 11 None Multiple 12 Months
D None Multiple 60 Months
E-1 2 None Multiple 60 Months
E-2 2 None Multiple 60 Months
E-2C 12 None Multiple 24 Months
F-1 None Multiple 60 Months
F-2 None Multiple 60 Months
G-1 None Multiple 60 Months
G-2 None Multiple 60 Months
G-3 None Multiple 60 Months
G-4 None Multiple 60 Months
G-5 1 None Multiple 12 Months
H-1B None Multiple 60 Months 3
H-1C None Multiple 60 Months 3
H-2A None N/A N/A3
H-2B None N/A N/A3
H-2R None Multiple 60 Months 3
H-3 None Multiple 60 Months 3
H-4 None Multiple 60 Months 3
I None Multiple 60 Months
J-1 4 None Multiple 60 Months
J-2 4 None Multiple 60 Months
K-1 None One 6 Months
K-2 None One 6 Months
K-3 None Multiple 24 Months
K-4 None Multiple 24 Months
L-1 None Multiple 60 Months
L-2 None Multiple 60 Months
M-1 None Multiple 60 Months
M-2 None Multiple 60 Months
N-8 None Multiple 60 Months
N-9 None Multiple 60 Months
NATO 1-7 N/A N/A N/A
O-1 None Multiple 60 Months 3
O-2 None Multiple 60 Months 3
O-3 None Multiple 60 Months 3
P-1 None Multiple 60 Months 3
P-2 None Multiple 60 Months 3
P-3 None Multiple 60 Months 3
P-4 None Multiple 60 Months 3
Q-1 6 None Multiple 15 Months 3
R-1 None Multiple 60 Months
R-2 None Multiple 60 Months
S-5 7 None One 1 Month
S-6 7 None One 1 Month
S-7 7 None One 1 Month
T-1 9 N/A N/A N/A
T-2 None One 6 Months
T-3 None One 6 Months
T-4 None One 6 Months
T-5 None One 6 Months
T-6 None One 6 Months
TD 5 N/A N/A N/A
U-1 None Multiple 48 Months
U-2 None Multiple 48 Months
U-3 None Multiple 48 Months
U-4 None Multiple 48 Months
U-5 None Multiple 48 Months
V-1 None Multiple 120 Months
V-2 None Multiple 120 Months 8
V-3 None Multiple 120 Months 8

Country Specific Footnotes

Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply if you believe this information is in error or if you have further questions.

Visa Category Footnotes

  1. The validity of A-3, G-5, and NATO 7 visas may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the person who is employing the applicant. The "employer" would have one of the following visa classifications:

    • A-1
    • A-2
    • G-1 through G-4
    • NATO 1 through NATO 6

  2. An E-1 and E-2 visa may be issued only to a principal alien who is a national of a country having a treaty, or its equivalent, with the United States. E-1 and E-2 visas may not be issued to a principal alien if he/she is a stateless resident. The spouse and children of an E-1 or E-2 principal alien are accorded derivative E-1 or E-2 status following the reciprocity schedule, including any reciprocity fees, of the principle alien’s country of nationality.  

    Example: John Doe is a national of the country of Z that has an E-1/E-2 treaty with the U.S. His wife and child are nationals of the country of Y which has no treaty with the U.S. The wife and child would, therefore, be entitled to derivative status and receive the same reciprocity as Mr. Doe, the principal visa holder.  

  3. The validity of H-1 through H-3, O-1 and O-2, P-1 through P-3, and Q visas may not exceed the period of validity of the approved petition or the number of months shown, whichever is less.

    Under 8 CFR §214.2, H-2A and H-2B petitions may generally only be approved for nationals of countries that the Secretary of Homeland Security has designated as participating countries. The current list of eligible countries is available on USCIS's website for both H-2A and H-2B visas. Nationals of countries not on this list may be the beneficiary of an approved H-2A or H2-B petition in limited circumstances at the discretion of the Department of Homeland Security if specifically named on the petition.  

    Derivative H-4, L-2, O-3, and P-4 visas, issued to accompanying or following-to-join spouses and children, may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the principal alien.

  4. There is no reciprocity fee for the issuance of a J visa if the alien is a United States Government grantee or a participant in an exchange program sponsored by the United States Government.

    Also, there is no reciprocity fee for visa issuance to an accompanying or following-to-join spouse or child (J-2) of an exchange visitor grantee or participant.

    In addition, an applicant is eligible for an exemption from the MRV fee if he or she is participating in a State Department, USAID, or other federally funded educational and cultural exchange program (program serial numbers G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-7).

    However, all other applicants with U.S. Government sponsorships, including other J-visa applicants, are subject to the MRV processing fee.

  5. Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canadian and Mexican nationals coming to engage in certain types of professional employment in the United States may be admitted in a special nonimmigrant category known as the "trade NAFTA" or "TN" category. Their dependents (spouse and children) accompanying or following to join them may be admitted in the "trade dependent" or "TD" category whether or not they possess Canadian or Mexican nationality. Except as noted below, the number of entries, fees and validity for non-Canadian or non-Mexican family members of a TN status holder seeking TD visas should be based on the reciprocity schedule of the TN principal alien.

    Canadian Nationals

    Since Canadian nationals generally are exempt from visa requirement, a Canadian "TN' or "TD" alien does not require a visa to enter the United States. However, the non-Canadian national dependent of a Canadian "TN", unless otherwise exempt from the visa requirement, must obtain a "TD" visa before attempting to enter the United States. The standard reciprocity fee and validity period for all non-Canadian "TD"s is no fee, issued for multiple entries for a period of 36 months, or for the duration of the principal alien's visa and/or authorized period of stay, whichever is less. See 'NOTE' under Canadian reciprocity schedule regarding applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality.

    Mexican Nationals

    Mexican nationals are not visa-exempt. Therefore, all Mexican "TN"s and both Mexican and non-Mexican national "TD"s accompanying or following to join them who are not otherwise exempt from the visa requirement (e.g., the Canadian spouse of a Mexican national "TN") must obtain nonimmigrant visas.

    Applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality, who have a permanent resident or refugee status in Canada/Mexico, may not be accorded Canadian/Mexican reciprocity, even when applying in Canada/Mexico. The reciprocity fee and period for "TD" applicants from Libya is $10.00 for one entry over a period of 3 months. The Iranian and Iraqi "TD" is no fee with one entry over a period of 3 months.

  6. Q-2 (principal) and Q-3 (dependent) visa categories are in existence as a result of the 'Irish Peace Process Cultural and Training Program Act of 1998'. However, because the Department anticipates that virtually all applicants for this special program will be either Irish or U.K. nationals, the Q-2 and Q-3 categories have been placed only in the reciprocity schedules for those two countries. Q-2 and Q-3 visas are available only at the Embassy in Dublin and the Consulate General in Belfast.

  7. No S visa may be issued without first obtaining the Department's authorization.

  8. V-2 and V-3 status is limited to persons who have not yet attained their 21st birthday. Accordingly, the period of validity of a V-2 or V-3 visa must be limited to expire on or before the applicant's twenty-first birthday.

  9. Posts may not issue a T-1 visa. A T-1 applicant must be physically present in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands or a U.S. port of entry, where he/she will apply for an adjustment of status to that of a T-1. The following dependents of a T-1 visa holder, however, may be issued a T visa at a U.S. consular office abroad:

    • T-2 (spouse)
    • T-3 (child)
    • T-4 (parent)
  10. The validity of NATO-5 visas may not exceed the period of validity of the employment contract or 12 months, whichever is less.

  11. The validity of CW-1 and CW-2 visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (12 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.

  12. The validity of E-2C visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (24 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.



General Documents | Birth, Death, Burial Certificates | Marriage, Divorce Certificates
General Documents

Please check back for update.

Birth, Death, Burial Certificates


Marriage, Divorce Certificates


Adoption Certificates | Identity Card | Police, Court, Prison Records | Military Records
Adoption Certificates


Identity Card


Police, Court, Prison Records


Military Records


Passports & Other Travel Documents | Other Records | Visa Issuing Posts | Visa Services
Passports & Other Travel Documents


Other Records

Declaration of Good Conduct ("Verklaring van Goed Gedrag" )

This document must be requested at:

Immigration Department Curacao
Mortiersweg 5 Amerikanenkamp

Only individuals who have or had resident status in Curacao may obtain a Declaration of Good Conduct. Processing takes about 6 weeks. You will need to:

  • Fill in the petition form
  • State the reason why you are requesting the declaration of good conduct
  • Provide a good quality copy of a valid ID
  • Pay 1 guilder

The request will be processed and submitted to the Openbaar Ministerie (Public Prosecutors office). Standard procedure to request a search be conducted for the time the person is legally registered on the island. A background check will be done on the island of residency and Holland.If there is no criminal background or issues the Declaration of Good Conduct will be issued by the Ministry of Justice. If there is a criminal background or an issue the report will be denied and a letter with the reason (crime) will be provided to the applicant by the Ministry of Justice. Note that any criminal activities committed more than 10 years ago will be cleared from the person's criminal record, so the person will get a Declaration of Good Conduct if the crime committed was more than 10 years ago.

Visa Issuing Posts

Curacao (Consulate General)

Street Address:

J.B. Gorsiraweg #1
Willemstad, Curacao

Mailing Address:

3160 Curacao Pl
Dulles, VA 20189

Phone Number: 011-5999-461-3066

Visa Services

Please check back for update.