CSI Repository

CSI Country Catalog

Central African Republic

Country Name: Central African Republic
Official Country Name: Central African Republic
Country Code 2-Letters: CF
Country Code 3-Letters: CAF
Street: Avenue Rosa Parks
P.O. Box 817
Yaounde, Cameroon
Fact sheet: https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/4007.htm
  • International Travel
  • Child Abductions
  • Intercountry Adoptions
  • Consular Notification
  • U.S. Visas
  • Contact
  • Quick Facts
  • Embassies and Consulates
  • Destination Description
  • Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements
  • Safety and Security
  • Local Laws & Special Circumstances
  • Health
  • Travel & Transportation
Embassy Name: U.S. Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon
Street Address: Avenue Rosa Parks
P.O. Box 817
Yaounde, Cameroon
Phone: +(237) 22220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
Emergency Phone: +(237) 22220-1500, ext. 4531
Email: YaoundeACS@state.gov
Web: https://cm.usembassy.gov/embassy/yaounde/

Embassy Messages




Country Map

Quick Facts
Passport Validity:

6 months

Blank Passport Pages:

One page required for entry stamp

Tourist Visa Required:

No, but may still be required by airline.


Required, including for Yellow Fever.

Currency Restrictions for Entry:

All currency must be declared upon entry

Currency Restrictions for Exit:


Embassies and Consulates

The U.S. Embassy in Bangui does not provide consular services at this time. Contact the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde.

U.S. Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon

Avenue Rosa Parks
P.O. Box 817
Yaounde, Cameroon
Telephone: +(237) 22220-1500 ext. 4341/4023 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. local time)
Emergencies: +(237) 22220-1500, ext. 4531 or +(237) 22222-25-893

Destination Description

See the Department of State Fact Sheet on the Central African Republic (CAR) for information on U.S. - CAR relations.

Entry, Exit & Visa Requirements

Travelers entering CAR are required to have:

  • A valid passport
  • Evidence of yellow fever vaccination

The Central African Republic does not require visas for visits under 180 days by U.S. passport holders. However, not all airlines will board U.S. passport holders without a valid visa, so travelers are advised to check with their carrier.

For visa and entry requirement information contact:

  • The Embassy of the Central African Republic, 2704 Ontario Road, NW, Washington, D.C. 20009, telephone: (202) 483–7800 / 7801, fax: (202) 332–9893. 
  • Outside the United States, contact the nearest CAR Embassy or, if none in the country, the nearest French Embassy.

The U.S. Department of State is unaware of any HIV/AIDS entry restrictions for visitors to or foreign residents of CAR.

Find information on dual nationalityprevention of international child abduction and customs regulations on our websites.

Safety and Security

The U.S. Department of State advises against all travel to the CAR. Embassy Bangui cannot provide consular services to U.S. citizens in CAR at this time.  U.S. citizens in need of assistance should contact the U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé, Cameroon.

U.S. citizens should carry all proper paperwork at all times, including passport.

Spontaneous demonstrations take place in the CAR. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. Avoid demonstrations if possible. Stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of your surroundings at all times.

In the interior of the country, there are frequent reports of armed robbery and kidnapping by criminals. Travel in the interior is strongly discouraged.

Crime: Crime in Bangui is common. Beware of:

  • Petty theft in large market areas;
  • Armed gangs in outlying residential areas;
  • Violent demonstrations, looting, burning of buildings, and roadblocks during periods of civil unrest and conflict; and
  • Checkpoints staffed by armed actors seeking bribes and impeding the work of peacekeeping forces.

See the Department of State and the FBI pages for information on scams.

Victims of Crime:

U.S. citizen victims of sexual assault should contact the U.S. Embassy in Cameroon

Report crimes to the local police at 117 (local equivalent of “911”) or the Gendarmerie at 2161-2200 and contact the U.S. Embassy in Cameroon at +(237) 22220-1500 ext. 4341/4023. Remember that local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting the crime. Victims of crime in Bangui may have to pay to send a vehicle to pick up police officers due to the shortage of police vehicles and fuel. 

See our webpage on help for U.S. victims of crime overseas.

The U.S. Embassy in Cameroon can:

  • help you find appropriate medical care
  • assist you in reporting a crime to the police
  • contact relatives or friends with your written consent
  • explain the local criminal justice process in general terms
  • provide a list of local attorneys
  • provide our information on victim’s compensation programs in the U.S.
  • provide an emergency loan for repatriation to the United States and/or limited medical
  • support in cases of destitution
  • help you find accommodation and arrange flights home
  • replace a stolen or lost passport

Domestic Violence: U.S. citizen victims of domestic violence may contact the Embassy in Cameroon for assistance.

For further information:

Local Laws & Special Circumstances

Criminal Penalties: You are subject to local laws and penalties. If you violate local laws, even unknowingly, you may be expelled, arrested, or imprisoned.

Furthermore, some laws are also prosecutable in the U.S., regardless of local law. For examples, see our website on crimes against minors abroad and the Department of Justice website.

Arrest Notification: If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy in Cameroon immediately. See our webpage for further information.

Identification: Local law requires passports to be carried on your person at all times. Failure to produce your passport may result in detention and/or a fine.

Drugs: Penalties for possession, use, or trafficking in illegal drugs in the CAR are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines.

Photography: Taking photographs of police or military installations, airports, or any other government buildings is prohibited. Unauthorized photography may result in the seizure of photographic equipment by the CAR authorities. Police or other government authorities can provide information and grant permission for photographing a particular subject or location.  Locals in the CAR may be very sensitive to all photography; you should obtain permission first.

Corruption: Corruption remains a serious problem among the CAR security forces, some members of which have harassed travelers for bribes.  At night, the roads in the capital are often manned with impromptu checkpoints, at which police or soldiers ask motorists and travelers for money.  

Banking: Banking infrastructure remains limited in the CAR, and facilities for monetary exchange exist only in the capital. There are few ATMs in the CAR. Exchange bureaus and banks normally accept dollars and euros, with the exception of West African Francs (CFA). Credit cards are not used in the CAR, and purchases of goods and services, including hotel rooms and airline tickets, are cash transactions. 

Faith-Based Travelers: See the following webpages for details:

LGBTI Travelers: The penalty for "public expression of love" between persons of the same sex is imprisonment for six months to two years or a fine. When one of the participants is underage, the adult may be sentenced to two to five years imprisonment or a fine.

See our LGBTI Travel Information page and section 6 of our Human Rights report for further details.

Travelers Who Require Accessibility Assistance. Public infrastructure is generally in poor condition and sidewalks, buildings, and public transportation do not cater to special accessibility needs.

Students: See our Students Abroad page and FBI travel tips.

Women Travelers:  Sexual assault and domestic violence are widespread in the CAR. See our travel tips for Women Travelers.


We do not pay medical bills. Be aware that U.S. Medicare does not apply overseas.

Medical Insurance: Make sure your health insurance plan provides coverage overseas. Most care providers overseas only accept cash payments. See our webpage for more information on insurance providers for overseas coverage.

We strongly recommend supplemental insurance to cover medical evacuation.

Always carry your prescription medication in original packaging with your doctor’s prescription.

Medical facilities are extremely limited in the CAR, and the quality of care is unreliable. Sanitation levels are low. Many medicines are not available; you should carry properly labeled prescription drugs and other medications with you that will suffice for your entire visit.

The following diseases are prevalent:

  • Meningococcal meningitis
  • Rabies
  • Malaria
  • Diarrheal diseases
  • HIV
  • Schistosomiasis
  • Tuberculosis

Vaccinations: Be up-to-date on all vaccinations recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Further health information:

Travel & Transportation

Road Conditions and Safety: Road conditions vary. Watch out for:

  • Large potholes and degraded roadways
  • Unpaved roads throughout CAR
  • Drivers ignoring traffic laws to drive on the smoothest section of roads
  • Roads to tourist areas are accessible only by four-wheel-drive vehicles and inaccessible during the October-May rainy season.

We recommend you avoid:

  • Overland travel in the northern, eastern, and western regions due to the risk of armed attacks on motorists
  • Driving after dark outside of Bangui

Traffic Laws: If you are involved in a traffic accident, it is recommended to wait until the police or the Gendarmerie arrive unless your health or safety is threatened. There are currently no distracted driving laws in effect in the Central African Republic, but police may pull over drivers who talk or text while driving for not following safe driving procedure.

Public Transportation: The city of Bangui does have a public transportation system consisting of green buses and yellow taxis, though these vehicles are often dangerously overcrowded and very badly maintained.

See our Road Safety page for more information.

Aviation Safety Oversight: As there is no direct commercial air service to the United States by carriers registered in the CAR, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has not assessed the government of the CAR’s Civil Aviation Authority for compliance with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aviation safety standards.  Further information may be found on the FAA’s safety assessment page.

Foreign Consular Office Contact Information
Use Style in the Text Component to tag city names and to tag phone numbers, fax numbers, and emails with the respective Style icon.

Washington, DC

Telephone (202) 483-7800; Fax (202) 332-9893

  • General Information
  • Hague Abduction Convention
  • Return
  • Visitation/Access
  • Retaining an Attorney
  • Mediation
Hague Questions | Learn More Links
Party to the Hague Abduction Convention? enter text here
U.S. Treaty Partner under the Hague Abduction Convention? enter text here
Learn why the Hague Abduction Convention Matters: enter link here

General Information

enter link here

Hague Abduction Convention

enter text here


enter text here


enter text here

Retaining an Attorney

enter text here


enter text here

  • Hague
  • Hague Convention Information
  • U.S. Immigration Requirements
  • Who Can Adopt
  • Who Can Be Adopted
  • How To Adopt
  • Traveling Abroad
  • After Adoption
  • Contact Information
Hague Questions
Hague Adoption Convention Country? No
Are Intercountry Adoptions between this country and the United States possible?
Is this country a U.S. Hague Partner?
Hague Convention Information

The Central African Republic is not party to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (the Hague Adoption Convention).  Intercountry adoptions of children from non-Hague countries are processed in accordance with 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 204.3 as it relates to orphans as defined under the Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 101(b)(1)(F).

Below is the limited adoption information that the Department has obtained from the adoption authority of the Central African Republic. U.S. citizens adopting children in rare adoption cases from the Central African Republic, as well as U.S. citizen prospective adoptive parents living in the Central African Republic, who would like to adopt from the United States or from a third country, should contact the adoption authority of the Central African Republic to inquire about applicable laws and procedures. See contact information below.

There are two types of adoptions in the Central African Republic: simple adoption and plenary adoption (adoption plénière). Plenary adoption severs the familial relationship between the child and the birth parents. This adoption gives the adopted child the same rights as a child born to the adoptive parent. In a simple adoption, the biological parents (if living) retain inheritance rights and other privileges over the child, and must be consulted if the adoptive parents want to change the child's name or make significant changes in the life of the child. A simple adoption does not meet the requirements of U.S. immigration law and therefore cannot be the basis for granting an immigrant visa to an adopted child.

Caution: Prospective adoptive parents should be aware that not all children in orphanages or children's homes are adoptable. In many countries, birth parents place their child(ren) temporarily in an orphanage or children's home due to financial or other hardship, with the intention of returning for the child when they are able to do so. In such cases, the birth parent(s) rarely would have relinquished their parental rights or consented to their child(ren)'s adoption.

Please visit the Department of State’s Country Specific Information for more information on travelling to the Central African Republic and the U.S. Embassy Bangui’s website for information on consular services.

U.S. Immigration Requirements For Intercountry Adoptions

To bring an adopted child to the United States from Central African Republic, you must meet certain suitability and eligibility requirements. USCIS determines who is suitable and eligible to adopt a child from another country and bring that child to live in the United States under U.S. immigration law.

Additionally, a child must meet the definition of an orphan under U.S. immigration law in order to be eligible to immigrate to the United States with an IR-3 or IR-4 immigrant visa.

Who Can Adopt

enter text here

Who Can Be Adopted

enter text here

How To Adopt

enter text here

Traveling Abroad

enter text here

After Adoption

enter text here

Contact Information


Ministère de la Famille et des Affaires Sociales,
Comité d'Adoption
B.P. 917
Bangui, République Centrafricaine
Chef de Service des Actions Sociales Jules Gueret
90 07 93
Assistant aux Services des Actions Sociales Bernard Azoumi
03 96 90

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
For questions about filing a Form I-800A application or a Form I-800 petition:
USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC):
Tel: 1-877-424-8374 (toll free); 1-913-275-5480 (local); Fax: 1- 913-214-5808
Email: NBC.Adoptions@uscis.dhs.gov

For general questions about immigration procedures:
USCIS Contact Center
Tel: 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833)
Internet: uscis.gov

  • Visa Classifications
  • General Documents | Birth, Death, Burial Certificates | Marriage, Divorce Certificates
  • Adoption Certificates | Identity Card | Police, Court, Prison Records | Military Records
  • Passports & Other Travel Documents | Other Records | Visa Issuing Posts | Visa Services
Visa Classifications

Fee Number
of Entries
A-1 None Multiple 12 Months
A-2 None Multiple 12 Months
A-3 1 None Multiple 24 Months
B-1 $40.00 Multiple 12 Months
B-2 $40.00 Multiple 12 Months
B-1/B-2 $40.00 Multiple 12 Months
C-1 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
C-1/D $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
C-2 None Multiple 12 Months
C-3 None Multiple 12 Months
CW-1 11 None Multiple 12 Months
CW-2 11 None Multiple 12 Months
D $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
E-1 2 No Treaty N/A N/A
E-2 2 No Treaty N/A N/A
E-2C 12 None Multiple 12 Months
F-1 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
F-2 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
G-1 None Multiple 12 Months
G-2 None Multiple 12 Months
G-3 None Multiple 12 Months
G-4 None Multiple 12 Months
G-5 1 None Multiple 12 Months
H-1B $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
H-1C $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
H-2A $20.00 N/A N/A3
H-2B $20.00 N/A N/A3
H-2R $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
H-3 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
H-4 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
I $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
J-1 4 None Multiple 12 Months
J-2 4 None Multiple 12 Months
K-1 None One 6 Months
K-2 None One 6 Months
K-3 None Multiple 24 Months
K-4 None Multiple 24 Months
L-1 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
L-2 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
M-1 $35.00 Multiple 12 Months
M-2 $35.00 Multiple 12 Months
N-8 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
N-9 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
NATO 1-7 N/A N/A N/A
O-1 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
O-2 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
O-3 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
P-1 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
P-2 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
P-3 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
P-4 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
Q-1 6 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months 3
R-1 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
R-2 $20.00 Multiple 12 Months
S-5 7 None One 1 Month
S-6 7 None One 1 Month
S-7 7 None One 1 Month
T-1 9 N/A N/A N/A
T-2 None One 6 Months
T-3 None One 6 Months
T-4 None One 6 Months
T-5 None One 6 Months
T-6 None One 6 Months
TD 5 N/A N/A N/A
U-1 None Multiple 48 Months
U-2 None Multiple 48 Months
U-3 None Multiple 48 Months
U-4 None Multiple 48 Months
U-5 None Multiple 48 Months
V-1 None Multiple 120 Months
V-2 None Multiple 120 Months 8
V-3 None Multiple 120 Months 8

Country Specific Footnotes

Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, please contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply if you believe this information is in error or if you have further questions.

Visa Category Footnotes

  1. The validity of A-3, G-5, and NATO 7 visas may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the person who is employing the applicant. The "employer" would have one of the following visa classifications:

    • A-1
    • A-2
    • G-1 through G-4
    • NATO 1 through NATO 6

  2. An E-1 and E-2 visa may be issued only to a principal alien who is a national of a country having a treaty, or its equivalent, with the United States. E-1 and E-2 visas may not be issued to a principal alien if he/she is a stateless resident. The spouse and children of an E-1 or E-2 principal alien are accorded derivative E-1 or E-2 status following the reciprocity schedule, including any reciprocity fees, of the principle alien’s country of nationality.  

    Example: John Doe is a national of the country of Z that has an E-1/E-2 treaty with the U.S. His wife and child are nationals of the country of Y which has no treaty with the U.S. The wife and child would, therefore, be entitled to derivative status and receive the same reciprocity as Mr. Doe, the principal visa holder.  

  3. The validity of H-1 through H-3, O-1 and O-2, P-1 through P-3, and Q visas may not exceed the period of validity of the approved petition or the number of months shown, whichever is less.

    Under 8 CFR §214.2, H-2A and H-2B petitions may generally only be approved for nationals of countries that the Secretary of Homeland Security has designated as participating countries. The current list of eligible countries is available on USCIS's website for both H-2A and H-2B visas. Nationals of countries not on this list may be the beneficiary of an approved H-2A or H2-B petition in limited circumstances at the discretion of the Department of Homeland Security if specifically named on the petition.  

    Derivative H-4, L-2, O-3, and P-4 visas, issued to accompanying or following-to-join spouses and children, may not exceed the validity of the visa issued to the principal alien.

  4. There is no reciprocity fee for the issuance of a J visa if the alien is a United States Government grantee or a participant in an exchange program sponsored by the United States Government.

    Also, there is no reciprocity fee for visa issuance to an accompanying or following-to-join spouse or child (J-2) of an exchange visitor grantee or participant.

    In addition, an applicant is eligible for an exemption from the MRV fee if he or she is participating in a State Department, USAID, or other federally funded educational and cultural exchange program (program serial numbers G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-7).

    However, all other applicants with U.S. Government sponsorships, including other J-visa applicants, are subject to the MRV processing fee.

  5. Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canadian and Mexican nationals coming to engage in certain types of professional employment in the United States may be admitted in a special nonimmigrant category known as the "trade NAFTA" or "TN" category. Their dependents (spouse and children) accompanying or following to join them may be admitted in the "trade dependent" or "TD" category whether or not they possess Canadian or Mexican nationality. Except as noted below, the number of entries, fees and validity for non-Canadian or non-Mexican family members of a TN status holder seeking TD visas should be based on the reciprocity schedule of the TN principal alien.

    Canadian Nationals

    Since Canadian nationals generally are exempt from visa requirement, a Canadian "TN' or "TD" alien does not require a visa to enter the United States. However, the non-Canadian national dependent of a Canadian "TN", unless otherwise exempt from the visa requirement, must obtain a "TD" visa before attempting to enter the United States. The standard reciprocity fee and validity period for all non-Canadian "TD"s is no fee, issued for multiple entries for a period of 36 months, or for the duration of the principal alien's visa and/or authorized period of stay, whichever is less. See 'NOTE' under Canadian reciprocity schedule regarding applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality.

    Mexican Nationals

    Mexican nationals are not visa-exempt. Therefore, all Mexican "TN"s and both Mexican and non-Mexican national "TD"s accompanying or following to join them who are not otherwise exempt from the visa requirement (e.g., the Canadian spouse of a Mexican national "TN") must obtain nonimmigrant visas.

    Applicants of Iranian, Iraqi or Libyan nationality, who have a permanent resident or refugee status in Canada/Mexico, may not be accorded Canadian/Mexican reciprocity, even when applying in Canada/Mexico. The reciprocity fee and period for "TD" applicants from Libya is $10.00 for one entry over a period of 3 months. The Iranian and Iraqi "TD" is no fee with one entry over a period of 3 months.

  6. Q-2 (principal) and Q-3 (dependent) visa categories are in existence as a result of the 'Irish Peace Process Cultural and Training Program Act of 1998'. However, because the Department anticipates that virtually all applicants for this special program will be either Irish or U.K. nationals, the Q-2 and Q-3 categories have been placed only in the reciprocity schedules for those two countries. Q-2 and Q-3 visas are available only at the Embassy in Dublin and the Consulate General in Belfast.

  7. No S visa may be issued without first obtaining the Department's authorization.

  8. V-2 and V-3 status is limited to persons who have not yet attained their 21st birthday. Accordingly, the period of validity of a V-2 or V-3 visa must be limited to expire on or before the applicant's twenty-first birthday.

  9. Posts may not issue a T-1 visa. A T-1 applicant must be physically present in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands or a U.S. port of entry, where he/she will apply for an adjustment of status to that of a T-1. The following dependents of a T-1 visa holder, however, may be issued a T visa at a U.S. consular office abroad:

    • T-2 (spouse)
    • T-3 (child)
    • T-4 (parent)
  10. The validity of NATO-5 visas may not exceed the period of validity of the employment contract or 12 months, whichever is less.

  11. The validity of CW-1 and CW-2 visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (12 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.

  12. The validity of E-2C visas shall not exceed the maximum initial period of admission allowed by DHS (24 months) or the duration of the transition period ending December 31, 2014, whichever is shortest.



General Documents | Birth, Death, Burial Certificates | Marriage, Divorce Certificates
General Documents

Pleasae check back for update.

Birth, Death, Burial Certificates


Available. A Certificat de Naissance may be obtained from the Mairie of the Municipality or Sous-Prefecture of the rural area where the birth was registered.


Available. An Acte de Deces may be obtained from the Mairie of the Municipality or Sous-Prefecture of the rural area where the death occurred.

Note: Civil records (Extrait D'Actes d'Etat Civil) including certificates of birth, death, marriage and divorce for French nationals who were born, married, etc., in the Central African Republic may be obtained from the Consular General de France, B.P. 784, Bangui, within one year of the event, or from the MinistPre des Affaires Etrang Pres, Etat Civil, Falles Brancos, Nantes, France, if more than one year after the event.

Marriage, Divorce Certificates


Available. A Certificat d'Acte de Mariage may be obtained from the Mairie of the Municipality or the Sous-Prefecture of the rural area where the marriage took place.


Available. An Extrait de Divorce may be obtained from the Greffier en Chef of the Tribunal de Bangui, B.P. 787, Bangui, or from the Mairie of the municipality or the Sous-Prefecture of the rural areas which granted the decree.

Adoption Certificates | Identity Card | Police, Court, Prison Records | Military Records
Adoption Certificates


Identity Card


Police, Court, Prison Records

Police Records

Police records, or extrait de casier judiciare, are available in the Central African Republic (CAR). The chief clerk of the country court of the specific province has the sole authority to issue police records for a fee of CFA 500 (USD 1.00) = CFA 720). The chief clerk can also issue records to third-country nationals living in the capital or upcountry, but for a higher fee of CFA 1,500 (USD 2.08). Provincial and sub-provincial mayors are not authorized to issue police records.

All police records issued are kept at the Ministry of Justice in Bangui. A copy of each police record is kept in the Gendarmerie Headquarters that started the particular file (i.e. where an alleged crime took place, etc.) Authorities purge records ten (10) years after the date of first filing, CAR has no formal mechanism or indexing or filing police records. A judge is responsible for selecting police or criminal records for trial. There is no computerized database for keeping records, nor are there plans for automation.

Court Records


Prison Records

Available. Included in Extrait du Casier Judiciaire (see Police Record).

Military Records

Available. A Certificat de Position Militaire may be obtained upon presentation of an Identity Card from the Bureau de Recrutement, Etat Major de la Defense Nationale, B.P. 384, Bangui.

Passports & Other Travel Documents | Other Records | Visa Issuing Posts | Visa Services
Passports & Other Travel Documents


Other Records

Not applicable.

Visa Issuing Posts

Yaounde, Cameroon (Embassy) -- Immigrant Visas

Avenue Rosa Parks
P.O. Box 817

Tel: (237) 223-40-14 - 222-25-89 - 222-17-94

Fax: (237) 223-07-53

Visa Services

Nonimmigrant Visa and Immigrant visa applications for nationals of the Central African Republic are processed by the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon.