Schedule an appointment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using our automated appointment system at 1-877-487-2778.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee to apply at this agency.
- Travel plans are not required when applying at this agency. When calling the automated appointment system, you will hear this requirement, but it does not apply to this agency.
- Will call service is offered for life/death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 5 business days). It is strongly recommended that you bring proof of travel in these instances. The agency
will advise you when the passport will be made available for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be issued within 5 business days of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise
how the passport will be sent to you.
This agency can issue both the U.S. passport book and U.S. passport card on-site.
Appointments Available From
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Vermont Passport Agency
50 South Main Street
St. Albans, VT 05478
When You Arrive for Your Appointment
- Arrive on time
- You will not be admitted more than 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time
- You will not be admitted more than 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time
- You will be required to pass through building security screening and metal detectors
Weapons are prohibited. See Title 18, United States Code, Section 930
- Check-In at Information Desk
You must present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your queue number and take a seat
The public waiting area is limited to applicants, required witnesses, and those accompanying minors, disabled applicants,
or serving as interpreters
Travel on I-89 to Exit 19. Proceed through the lighted intersection to the end of the road (approximately 1.5 miles from the
exit). Turn right onto South Main Street. The Agency is located two blocks down the street, on the left side, in a large red
brick building that was formerly the U.S. Post Office and Customs House.
Public parking is available in the front of the building or elsewhere on Main Street.
- There is no charge for an appointment at a passport agency. Customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- For information on what you need to bring to your appointment, see How to Apply In Person.
Title 18, United States Code, Section 930
Weapons Prohibited at All Passport Agencies – Federal law prohibits the knowing possession or the causing to be present of firearms or other dangerous weapons in Federal
facilities and Federal court facilities by all persons not specifically authorized by Title 18 U.S.C., Section 930(c). Violators
shall be subject to fine and/or imprisonment for periods of up to five (5) years.