National Visa Center Customer Service Pledge
The U.S. Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the United States. We are committed to the essential openness for which the United States has always been known. We promise to you, the visa applicant, that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique.
- We will provide detailed and accurate information on the application process in our communications with you and on our website.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Complete your application fully and accurately, and submit your supporting documents in a timely manner.
- Prepare for your interview by reviewing the instructions provided by NVC and the embassy or consulate where you will attend an interview.
- Please note, U.S. visa application fees are non-refundable.