Skip Navigation

International Child Support Enforcement

The issue of child support enforcement is a high priority to the United States. At the Department of State we:

  1. Provide information through the Consular Affairs Internet home page;
  2. Deny passport services, except for direct return to the United States, to persons the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Child Support Enforcement (HHS/ACF/OCSE) certifies as $2500 or more in arrears;
  3. Negotiate international child support agreements; and
  4. Facilitate communication among parents, U.S. states, foreign countries, and other U.S. Government agencies on this important subject.

HHS/ACF/OCSE is the U.S. Central Authority for child support agreements.  Questions about international child support enforcement agreements may be directed to:

U.S. Department of State
SA-17, 10th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20522-1710
Phone:  202-501-4444

We will coordinate with our colleagues at HHS to try to assist you.


Enroll in Step

Enrolling in this free service will allow us to better assist you in case of an emergency while you are abroad.