Most Common Forms for a U.S. Passport
You may fill out these forms using an online Form Filler or by downloading a PDF of the application. The Form Filler tool is a shared resource for four of our forms. You may see a different form than you expected (for example, a DS-11 instead of a DS-82). The Form Filler will create the correct form for you based on the information you enter.
The Form Filler works best if you are applying for or renewing your U.S. passport in the United States or renewing by mail from Canada. If you need to apply for or renew your U.S. passport in another country, visit the webpage of the U.S. embassy or consulate
in that country for more information.
1. Application For A U.S. Passport (DS-11)
2. Renewal Application (DS-82)
- You should complete this form if you meet our requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports and must apply using Form DS-11.
- We are launching a limited release of an online passport renewal application. To learn about the requirements, go to our Renew Online page.
3. Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504)
Forms for Special Situations
You should only submit the forms listed below for special situations.
1. Reporting Your Passport Lost or Stolen (DS-64)
2. Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child (DS-3053)
- You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).
3. Statement of Special Family Circumstances (DS-5525)
- You should complete this form if one parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).
4. Statement You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport (DS-86)
- You should submit this form only if we completed and mailed your passport and you did not receive it within 10 days of us mailing it. Call the National Passport Information Center and the customer service representatives will walk you through this form.