Apply For or Renew My Passport

  • Passport Card in Wallet

You can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport:

  • Is submitted with your application
  • Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)

If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person using form DS-11.

Renew by Mail

See if you’re eligible to Renew by Mail. It’s the simplest way to get your new passport!

Apply in Person

If you're not eligible to Renew by Mail, you must Apply in Person.

Passports for Children Under 16

All children under 16 must apply in person with parents or guardians, even if they've had a passport before. See Children Under 16.

Passports for Applicants 16 and 17

Applicants age 16 and 17 have a special application process. See Applicants 16 and 17 for more information.