Intercountry Adoption


Adoption Process

U.S. Visa For Your Child

Foreign children adopted from other countries must first obtain a U.S. visa before they can travel or move to the United States. Visas are issued at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the foreign country where a child resides. In this section, you will learn about the various processes and forms for obtaining a visa for your adopted child.