San Juan Passport Agency
The San Juan Passport Agency is closed until further notice.
All acceptance facilities in Puerto Rico remain closed. We will provide an update when acceptance facilities are allowed to resume passport service. Customers living in Puerto Rico needing passports should call 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY) for further assistance and guidance.
For updates about the emergency response to Hurricane Maria,
Do you need a passport for international travel within two weeks, or a foreign visa within four weeks? You might be eligible for an appointment at a passport agency. Requirements are below.
Centro Gubernamental Minillas
Torre Norte, Piso 9
Avenida Jose de Diego, Parada 22
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00940
7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time)
Monday through Friday
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
San Juan Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1146
Sterling, VA 20166-1146
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
1. Find out if you're eligible
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged.If you have a life or death emergency, please see Life or Death Emergencies.If you don't meet the requirements, please see Where to Apply for other options.Please Note: If you were born in Puerto Rico, or are a naturalized U.S. citizen, you do not need a U.S. Passport Book or U.S. Passport Card to travel anywhere that is considered under U.S. jurisdiction, including the continental United States of America, Alaska, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John), and other U.S. territories.
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
- Make an appointment
2. Make an appointment
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number.Make an appointment using the online Passport Agency Appointment system.
3. Collect all your application materials
*Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (exact amount only- no change provided)
- Bank Draft or Money order
4. Arrive early to your appointment
- We suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed.
- See the security officer at the entrance to the building on the Promenade Level.
- The Officer will direct you to take the elevator to the 9th floor.
- Check in at the Information Desk. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
Parking can be found at various public garages in the area. There isn’t public parking available at the Minillas Government Center.