New Orleans Passport Center
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this passport agency with proof of international travel. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate international travel.
The New Orleans Passport Agency will be closed Tuesday, February 28, for Mardi Gras. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Se habla español. 1-877-487-2778, 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of international travel.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within # business). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within # business of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
- Please note that this agency cannot print passport cards on site.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents (including one photo and a front and back photocopy of identification)
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Take the elevator to the 13th floor, Suite 1300.
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions and Parking Information
The New Orleans Passport Center is located in the heart of downtown New Orleans. One Canal Place is an office tower/shopping center/hotel complex, and is located between the historic U.S. Custom House and the Aquarium of the Americas at the intersection of Canal and North Peters Streets.
From New Orleans International Airport:
Passport customers departing New Orleans International Airport and heading toward the downtown area on I-10 eastbound should follow signs on the Interstate marked "New Orleans Business District." With the Superdome visible in the distance, the traveler will approach a two-lane off-ramp marked "I-10 East Slidell."
Take the off-ramp, and very shortly you will exit to your left at Exit 234B, "Poydras St. Superdome."
Proceed down Poydras Street approximately 1 mile, and then take a left onto South Peters Street. Continue down South Peters Street approximately 2 blocks to the intersection with Canal Street. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
From I-10 westbound:
Customers approaching the downtown area on I-10 westbound should exit to the right at Exit 235B, "Canal St. Superdome.". Canal Street is approximately 1 block straight ahead from the downside of the off-ramp. Take a right onto Canal Street, and proceed approximately 1 mile. The One Canal Place office tower will then be visible to your left.
From the West Bank of the Mississippi River:
Customers traveling from the West Bank of the Mississippi River should take the Crescent City Connection (Mississippi River Bridge) and then exit at Camp Street. Turn right onto Andrew Higgins Drive and proceed approximately 4 blocks to South Peters Street. Take a left onto South Peters Street and continue several blocks until you reach the Canal Street. intersection. The One Canal Place office tower will be just ahead to your right at the corner of Canal and North Peters Streets.
Paid parking is available in the One Canal Place parking garage as well as in several lots nearby.
New Orleans Passport Center
One Canal Place
365 Canal Street, Suite 1300
New Orleans, LA 70130-6508
U.S. Department of State
New Orleans Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1115
Sterling, VA 20166-1115
7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays