Boston Passport Agency
If you are traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at this passport agency with proof of international travel. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate international travel.
Call 24/7 for an Appointment
Se habla español. 1-877-487-2778, 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of international travel.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within # business). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within # business of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
For Your Appointment
What to Bring
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel
- Completed forms
- All required supporting documents (including one photo and a front and back photocopy of identification)
- A major Credit Card, Debit/Check card (not ATM cards), Check, Bank Draft, Cash (Exact Change), or Money Order to cover the application and expedited fees
When You Arrive
- Arrive early to allow enough time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors (weapons are prohibited).
- Take the elevator to the 2nd floor, Suite 247.
- Check-In at the Information Desk.
Present your Social Security Number or Appointment Confirmation Number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, please be seated, and wait until your number is called.
- When your number is called go to your assigned window. A passport specialist will review your forms and supporting documents.
- Please note: Wait times may vary. Please take into account that you may not be seen exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions, Parking Information, and Public Transportation
From the North:
Take Interstate 93S to Exit 26A/Leverett Circle/Cambridge. Follow the signs to North Station. Turn right at the end of the ramp. Access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
From the South:
Take Interstate 95N to Interstate 93N to Boston. Enter 93N Tunnel. Take Exit 26/Storrow Drive. Stay in the left lane. Follow signs for North Station. Make a right at light onto Nashua Street. Follow Nashua Street until the end. Access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
From Eastern New Hampshire and Northeastern Massachusetts:
Take Interstate 95S to Route 1S. Follow Route 1 across the Tobin Bridge. Follow signs to Storrow Drive/Cambridge. Exit on right to Nashua Street. Follow signs for North Station. Access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
From the West:
Take Mass Pike East to Interstate 93N to Boston. Enter 93N Tunnel. Take Exit 26/Storrow Drive. Stay in the left lane. Follow signs for North Station. Make a right at light onto Nashua Street. Follow Nashua Street until the end. Access the building through to the front entrance at #10 Causeway Street.
There are two parking garages on Lomansey Way within walking distance of the Boston Passport Agency (TD Garden location and a second nameless location). Cost: roughly $20/day. The Boston Passport Agency does not validate parking. Parking Rates are subject to change without notice.
The O’Neill Federal Building is adjacent to North Station. For subway maps, commuter rail fares, and schedules, visit the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority website.
Special Acceptance Events
Find a Special Passport Acceptance Event near you!
We're holding special acceptance events all across the United States this Spring to help you get your passport more easily.
Most events are for first-time and children applicants, (who use Form DS-11). If you can use Form DS-82, you can renew by mail at your convenience!
Boston Passport Agency
Tip O'Neill Federal Building
10 Causeway Street, Room 247
Boston, Massachusetts 02222
U.S. Department of State
Boston Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1017
Sterling, VA 20166-1017
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
Excluding Federal Holidays