Chicago Passport Agency
Do you need a passport for international travel within two weeks, or a foreign visa within four weeks? You might be eligible for an appointment at a passport agency. Requirements are below.
101 West Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60605-1074
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
Chicago Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1038
Sterling, VA 20166-1038
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
1. Find out if you're eligible
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged.If you have a life or death emergency, please see Life or Death Emergencies.If you don't meet the requirements, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
2. Make an appointment
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number.Make an appointment using the online Passport Agency Appointment system.
3. Collect all your application materials
*Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
- Appointment confirmation number
- Printed proof of international travel
- Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (exact change)
- Bank Draft or Money order
4. Arrive early to your appointment
- We suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. You must show valid government ID to enter the building. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed.
- Take the elevator to the 9th floor.
- Check in at the Information Window. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.