Chicago Passport Agency
Do you need a passport for international travel within two weeks, or a foreign visa within four weeks? You might be eligible for an appointment at a passport agency. Requirements are below.
101 West Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60605-1074
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
By Appointment Only
Closed Federal Holidays
U.S. Department of State
Chicago Passport Agency
44132 Mercure Cir.
PO Box 1038
Sterling, VA 20166-1038
The Chicago Passport Agency invites you to their upcoming
Location: Chicago Passport Agency, 101 W. Congress Parkway, 9th floor, Chicago, IL 60605
Date: Saturday, September 23, from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Walk-in customers are welcome. No appointment is needed and proof of travel is not required.
How to Apply at a Passport Agency
1. Find out if you're eligible
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged.If you have a life or death emergency, please see Life or Death Emergencies.If you don't meet the requirements, please see Where to Apply for other options.
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show printed proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
2. Make an appointment
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number.Make an appointment using the online Passport Agency Appointment system.
3. Collect all your application materials
*Not sure what forms or supporting documents you need? Start at the Passport Application Wizard.
- Appointment confirmation number
- Printed proof of international travel
- Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)*
- All required supporting documents*
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. We accept:
- Major credit cards
- Debit/Check card (not ATM cards)
- Cash (exact change)
- Bank Draft or Money order
4. Arrive early to your appointment
- We suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. You must show valid government ID to enter the building. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed.
- Take the elevator to the 9th floor.
- Check in at the Information Window. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment.
- Be seated and wait until we call your number.
- When we call your number, go to your assigned window.
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options.
Please note: We may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
You can park in nearby public garages at 600 South Clark Street or 75 West Harrison Street. Daily and hourly parking rates are subject to change without notice.