Email sent successfully!
Thank you for sending a link to the adoption.state.gov page to the following email(s):
Attorneys & Judges
Throughout our site, you will find varied information that touches upon many different aspects of the intercountry adoption process. As the Central Authority for the Hague Adoption Convention, consider us your first stop for questions about the Convention, accreditation, and its impact on the adoption process.
- Find out who we are. What is the role of the Office of Children's Issues in the intercountry adoption process?
- Stay on top of the laws and regulations that impact intercountry adoption.
- Read our information about the Hague Adoption Convention. Learn how attorneys can be approved to provide adoption services for Convention cases. Who is approved? Also, Find out how to renew your approval.
- Understand the requirements for outgoing adoptions from the United States, including reporting requirements for U.S. State Courts.
- Keep up-to-date on the list of Convention countries.
- Obtain the latest Adoption Notices & Alerts about new, important developments.
- Refer prospective adoptive parents to our About Adoption section. This section provides prospective adoptive parents with a general overview of the eligibility requirements for prospective adoptive parents and the intercountry adoption process in general.
- Research intercountry adoption statistics.
We appreciate the commitment that you have to assisting children and prospective adoptive parents. We are here to help.